Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's have some OT between a serious topic and another... do we have serious topic??? :D

Anyway I just wonder what are your music tastes...

What I like?

R&B
Rap
Pop (sometimes)

My favourite singers or groups?

P.Diddy, Jazy-Z, Craig David and......the Prodigy!!!! :D

Prodigy rules!!! I don't really like the kind of music they play (a mix of tecno-trance), but I like them!!! :D

·
Registered
16,208 Posts
Straight down the line rock and blues.

Mainly classic rock like Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Hendrix Experience.

Bit of old blues like B.B King and Muddy Waters and newer stuff like Jeff Beck and Gary Moore.

Was a big grunge fan back in the day and I still listen to Soundgarden, Pearl Jam and Alice in Chains.

Newer stuff that I'm into that none of you will have heard of - Queens of the Stone Age, At the Drive-In, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, the Deftones. The Strokes are pretty cool.

My favourite band of all time is Soundgarden by a mile.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I enjoy Techno music...

things in the range of Regular Techno, Euro, House, Dance, Progressive House/Trance, and simple trance. I am also intrested in Far east Trance/Dance which is insane speed music! I also like other types of techno like Jungle, Speed, Thrash, Hardcore and 2 Steep/Garage, which i think is fantastic! :D

Some names to throw at you are:
Eyal Barkan
DJ Deisto
GIGI D'Gastoni
DJ Xtetit

also: check out -
DJ RAP (JUNGLE)
Telefon Tel Aviv (mix of High tech/2 step garage with elevator music.....futureal!!)

A long time ago, i was into heavy metal :p
The metal ranged mostly in classic, to Satanic Death Metal from Sweden and Finland! :D those days were fun!

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
hiphop,reggae,house,rock but old real rock(doors,stones',creedence,hendrix,rhcp..)..

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Helloween
Iron Maiden
Enya
Yanni
Sarah Brightman

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Iron maiden, that i like :D

WHat about Judas Priest and Blind Guardian? :D

Pure Argentinian Heavy Metal soccer fan!

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Judas Priest also great. i like Locked In, you know it? :)
i think Blind Guardian is little bit soft for me :D i'd like to choose Testament or Slayer than them ;)

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I've seen all 3 of those bands:

Judas Priest, Slayer and Testament! :)

The Testament show only had like 300 people, and was so good :) beer was cheap to! I was very aggressive in the gig!

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Kappa, do you like heavy metal music too eh? :eek: :cool:
what's your fave then? dont say it is Metallica :D you know, almost entire heavy metal fans loved Metallica ;)

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
I really like all kind of music...latin, rock, country, disco, pop, heavy etc...
My favourites are...
Suburban Tribe, Linkin Park, Eminem, Vanessa Carlton etc...and i :heart: Shakira like al you guys should know.:)

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
I like alternative rock and rap .

Here are my favourite artists and bands:

Limp Bizkit
Linkin park
Blink 182
Eminem

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
eh.

My fav english speaking band is OASIS, it's quite good, noting that most of the songs in their cds are evenly good. No bad or good surprise, unless there is one that really hit your particular spot. A couple of my fav is "supersonic", "dont look back in anger", "masterplan", "stand by me", and "Dont go away"

Classical music, my fav is Monteques and Capulets (spelling's off). And i fid that the anime Evangelion's sound track is awefully great. "both of you, dance like you want to win", and "Rei's Tears" are very great but short music pieces done with strings and winds. But my view about soundtrack is that you have to watch the movie first, to digest the music to the fullest.

uhm...

Chinese band, i used to like a group called "beyond", they were truely the best back in the day, both uplifting AND depressing at the same time. They truely showed their encouragements and sympathy to the eithiopians and 3rd world countries.

·
Registered
45,386 Posts
I'm into rock/alternative, rap, house and other types of music.

Rock/Alternative: I'm crazy about bands like Pearl Jam, Soundgarden and Faith No More/Mr Bungle.

Most of the people who are into Korn, Incubus, Limp Bizkit etc don't know that Faith No More influenced these bands. However, Mike Patton, the singer of now-defunct Faith No More claims that he never wanted his music to give rise to the crap breed of music he calls 'sports metal'! Faith No More is definitely more original than any of those bands. But the Deftones stand out from this group as a real band. And to the Slipknot fans who are crazy about their band, check out the outfits Mr Bungle (the band) used to use. Scarier than Slipknot, and the band has so much more talent - they can play anything from jazz to surf music to rockabilly to techno to death metal.

As far as rap goes, it's always good to listen to Mef and Redman.

For house, I listen to Armand Van Helden and DJ Dmitri.

Red: Have you heard of Temple of the Dog? It's a band made up of members from Pearl Jam and Soundgarden. There are songs with both Eddie Vedder and Chris Cornell on vocals! Great stuff.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
i like oasis too...but my favorite band is travis...they are simply amazing... :star:

·
Registered
16,208 Posts
Firdaus said:
Red: Have you heard of Temple of the Dog? It's a band made up of members from Pearl Jam and Soundgarden. There are songs with both Eddie Vedder and Chris Cornell on vocals! Great stuff.
Still raving about Mike Patton Firdaus :rolleyes: :D As you know I'm a fan but his music was always a little too out there for my liking.

Temple of the Dog - now theres a blast from the past, about 1991 or something - tribute album to the late Andrew Wood of the absolutely sensational Mother Love Bone - cool album, heard a few songs years ago - Hunger Strike is great.

·
Registered
45,386 Posts
Red: It's a tough one, but here you go. Top five Soundgarden songs.

Here I go.
5) Searching With My Good Eye Closed
4) Holy Water
3) Burden in My Hand
2) Somewhere
1) The Day I Tried to Live

Really tough. Can't believe I left out stuff like Flower, Head Down, Outshined, etc!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts