Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, i post up this post to let everyone knows that i was wrong about Ventola (and because i don't have anything to do...):D

Anyway,
I kept saying how Ventola doesn't play with all his heart, i was wrong... he plays his style. When he doesn't chase the ball, i used to say he is one hell of a lazy player. But now i know that when he doesn't chase the ball..it means he - at that very moment- knows that he can't chase the ball, either it is going out of the field or going to the defender head/foot.

When i said he isn't loyal....what can i say, all of you keep proofing that i was wrong, and the fact that the one's leaving is Adriano and not Ventola kinda wake me up....

He has scored many goals for us this season. 6 Goals from 12 appearances, that is 845 minutes of playing time. That is 1 goal every 140,83 minutes. And he was our third top goalscorer too, under Vieri and Kallon. So, i think i have to change my opinion. This guy is an asset. How good he is, he will have to prove me more. And he has every chance he need. With Ronnie injured (again :rolleyes: ) and Kallon being not so productive lately, maybe he will start for us soon.

Last but (maybe) not least, does anyone knows where can i watch the goal scored by Ventola againts Mallorca B team on friendly several days ago? I heard it's one hell of a goal!!!
Thanks!

ps: you are all welcome to post your opinion...

·
Registered
677 Posts
[L7] said:
ps: you are all welcome to post your opinion...
Actually you were not entirely wrong because Ventola does have his own limitations in his abilities. He only played for about 10-12 minutes against Parma but it seems to have been a positive signal from Cuper to acknowledge his effort in trainings.

Too bad we were knocked out so soon in the Coppa Italia or else Ventola would most likely have had a chance to start. His appearances from now on will most likely depend on how deep we manage to reach in the UEFA Cup.

I think we will need him when (or...if) we reach the CL next season. It will be a sad lost for Inter to lose a player who plays with so much heart.....

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
welcome back, HK...the only way that would make him to post something is to talk something about ventola.. :D:D:D

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pss...tt.... Carson, this IS the bait!!!!

:D :cool: ;)

WELCOME BACK HK, DAMN, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN????

·
Registered
677 Posts
Long time no chat Carson and [L7]!:happy: Throughout this time I still followed Inter but just didn't had the motivation and time to post. But this changed a bit after Ventola's appearance against Parma as I suddenly rediscovered some interest to talk about Inter.

[L7] I am proud to know that I also think like you and other quality posters such as Tazz, Jimmy, Tim, Carson (I assume you like Ventola too Carson, right? ^_^) and various others at beliving in Ventola. I just read through your post again and I realized you mentioned exactly some of the reasons which made me like Ventola in the first place, ie as his hardworking mentailty to make sacrifices for the team etc.

Despite he was on the bench for the last few months, I think Ventola has helped the team by simply being a great teamate. I have seen on a couple of occaisions how Ventola used his enthusiasm to cheer up his teamates from the bench. You can sometimes tell from his gestures that he is as eager as those on the pitch to see our team succeed;

For example he was the first one on the bench to punch his fists and celebrate when Ronaldo first scored against Brescia....also it was Ventola who did that unique celebration after a Vieri goal - where they listened to a headphone and danced together:party: I think these memorable episodes demonstrates the level of team harmony that Inter has developed. Not only does Ventola get along well with other players like Vieri and Ronaldo (who he spent the Christmas together with), but it also shows his positive contribution to create a good atmosphere for the team.

This kind of positive attitude and team spirit from Ventola is not something that every player posess. Also such intangible factors are not statistically measurable and thus often overlooked when people judge players. I admire the sacrifice that Ventola has given for Inter as it seems that he is putting aside his oppurtunity to develop his game in exchange for remaining a part of this great society.

Ventola knows that it is not for his best interests to sit on Inter's bench. What Ventola needs is to play and improve his game as he is no longer a youth player. Even Adriano (who is like 19 years old) now has the oppurtunity to become a regular starter, so certainly a player who was Atalanta's top scorer last season is owed to play more. But Ventola I think understands the agony of his generation as his former teamates like Pirlo, Donati, C.Zenoni and Pelizzoli etc are all just bench players even sinced they joined big clubs:sigh:

Again, I just simply hope Moratti and Cuper will decide to keep Ventola and reward him for his loyalty to the club. Adriano is a good talent, but it usually takes more than half a season of regular appearances to become a proven Serie A striker (look at the examples of Recoba, Kallon and Mutu). I am sure Ventola knows he has a future at Inter (who has the CL and Coppa Italia to play for next season) as long as he remains as our fourth striker. Ventola's best option now will probably be maintaning his positive attitude and learn from watching others like Vieri play. Hopefully this kind of experience can compensate some of his game development from which he lost from not playing enough competitve games. Ultimately however it is still Cuper who is the one who could grant Ventola such an oppurtunity so...so I'll just stop writing here and hope for the best -_-;

btw Congradulations on becoming the Tottenham forum moderator Carson!:star: I am sure you will do an outstanding job! Who knows, maybe one day you can become this forum's moderator as well?

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
HK: i do like Ventola but not a big fan...he is a good player...it's just too bad that he will never have a future at INTER (because we already have vieri and ronaldo)...but he is a good backup...a quality one...i think i won't be disappointed if we sell him coz we all know his situation...if he wants to play more and have a chance to get into the NT, then selling him to a team that needs a striker would be a perfect move...i think if we get adriano back next year, he won't have that many chance if we keep him...i don't know...i want him stay but on the other hand, i want to see him play more but it will not happen if he stays...

thanks for congratulate me.. :) i think it's not that hard to manage a forum especially a small forum like the tottenham forum...

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, i didn't like Ventola at all...but things change, and i find myself...somehow..honour him for what he did and do, maybe we should keep him...

Ventola reminds me a lot of Solksjaer...remember how he was always the sub for MU fo almost his whole carrer life...and now, look what happened? he is a starter and recently just get his self a hattrick against Bolton Wanderers. I think (and wish) the same thing would happen to Ventola...

Both of them have the same amount of love to their teams...and that is enourmous one

Both of them are great striker

Both of them never complains

Both of them scored crucial goals for their teams...

I don't like Solksjaer that much, but i think i like Ventola, because of his loyalty, and love, and yes...he has proven me he is usefull...

Forza Ventola!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts