Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, tame Birdie :)

Why do you want to talk about my avatar? :confused: The last time someone talked about my avatar, she hasn't let go of it and keeps harping on it :rollani: But then again, that one is a known troublemaker :fero:

Anyway, are you coming to the dinner? :)

·
International
1,878 Posts
Anyway, Liverbirds are supposed to be tamed.

Louis Koo's A Step Into the Past is currently showing on SCV and i heard somewhere that he still has a drama serial left in his contract with TVB. There's actually a pretty good forum site where people exchange rumours on upcoming TVB series and stuff. So if you are interested, I can give you the URL.

By the way, the themesongs for ASITP are good and I was surprised that Mr. Koo can sing pretty well. Then again, Roman Tam was his teacher once.

Dinner? No, because most of the Scousers who are going hate my guts and I am afraid that I might get clobbered to death and left on the streets. :D

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have the URL? That'd be great, thanks! :)

Louis Koo's singing is OK, not the greatest, but at least he doesn't squawk. Yep, I saw ASITP yesterday on cable, and I'll try to catch it faithfully since I'll be out of a job anyway and can bum around for a bit. :D But I don't like the ending to ASITP, though. And definitely liked him in DIF 4. He was :cool: there.

Naw, Paw is very nice, and I think Elton & BOSH are too. Come along if you can. I don't think they'll spill blood when a girl's around. :D

·
International
1,878 Posts
I'm PM you on this one. I think you will like the forum. :)

I don't really like ASITP either and I don't rate it very highly as the storyline becomes very draggy after a while. The jokes are funny at the start (even funnier if you watch the Cantonese version), but the focus would be shifted to romance and the many political bickerings among the characters in the middle and at the end. Becomes very boring.

DIF4? It was a decent drama serial. Too bad, there won't be DIF5.

They won't spill blood when a girl's around? Nah. What happens if you need to go to the washroom? Blood will still be spilled, since I am no Bruce Lee and I cannot take on four or five opponents at once. :D

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Birdie :)

Unfortunately it's dubbed in Mandarin in cable :sigh: but oh well, can't ask for too much, at least I'm getting it earlier than if I didn't have cable. And what I couldn't stand about ASITP was Sonija Kwok! :yuck: Ack. Can't act, can't this, can't that. Awk. Don't know why they cast her. Grrrr. But political bickerings should be ok, I hope. In any case, there's Kong Wah. I rate him a very decent actor. And Jessica Hsuan too. I like her. :)

Pity about DIF 5 :( I'm sure many fans would love for a sequel to DIF 4, and pair Fei & Quin together. ;) And of course, that doesn't stop the legions of fans writing their own sequels to it!

Damn, yeah. Forgot about the bathroom. Awk. How about you invest in a suit of armour? :D

·
International
1,878 Posts
Ditto with regards to your comments on Sonija. Except for one actress, the rest sucked big time, including Jessica Hsuan. Michelle Saram was like a piece of decoration. She came in with a bit of criticism from HK viewers for her deadpan acting. Kong Wah is awesome and very cool, but the problem is he has been in too many of such characters already and many people are getting very tired of it.

DIF5? Fan fiction eh? There is a forum on FF on the URL site I gave you. Not really on DIF 5 though. :)

Suit of armour? Nah... I don't want to look like a Robocop at the gathering. Have fun with the dinner and stuff. :D

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think you probably meant Joyce Tang. I like her a lot too. I think she & Marco Ngai make a :cool: couple. And she acts quite well, I like her a lot in the Armed Reaction series.

I hate Michelle Saram! :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: I can't understand why she was pulled in to act. I rate her acting skills as zilch. :fero: From what little I saw, I thought Jessica was OK, though. Heard the plot got a little messy at the last bits of it. She morphed into some dancing girl? :confused:

Anyway, for DIF 5 fan fiction, been there, done that :D

Oh well, pity about the dinner. Maybe next time. :)

·
International
1,878 Posts
Yes. It is Joyce Tang. Now that you remind me of her name. I heard that both Marco and her are a couple in real life. They are pretty compatible, I must say.

Michelle's gone off to do filming with the F(aggot) 4 on Meteor Garden, which is some teeny-bopper show. Not that I am a very big fan of Taiwanese teeny-bopper drama serials.

The ASITP plot became very draggy, not messy. There's a lot of intrigue and politicking, but at the end of it, you feel that the producer did not give the characters the depth to make this serial an excellent one. By episode 30 plus, you feel as if you are cruising along with the show, trying to make sense of the plot. I am surprised that I managed to sit through the whole damn serial. The dancing sequence involving Jessica was a very brief one.

Hmm.. why are we talking about drama serials in a footy forum? :D

BTW, Armed Reaction is set for part four. :)

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:dielaugh: Well, this thread has not seen much footie talk, I assure you! Attempts to talk about S-League die out after a while. Thank god.

As for Joyce & Marco, yep. They're a couple in real life, and they met on the set of Armed Reaction. :cool: huh? Anyway, not sure if they're married, though they've been dating for yonks. Would love for Esther Kwan to return to AR4, but too bad she didn't take up that offer. I thought she and Bobby Au-Yeung had a lot of chemistry in that serial.

As for Michelle Yucky Saram, thank god! Hate to see her on my TV. :yuck: And I hate bloody F4!!! :mad: Bunch of silly-looking boys. Ack. Louis Koo is much better! :stuckup: (well, when he had better hair, of course. Like the one in my avatar. Now, he just looks weird. :rollani: )

Taiwanese shows $uck big time. :yuck: Complete time-waster. Bad dialogue, bad acting, bad casting too. Awk.

·
International
1,878 Posts
Jun Lei:

S-League? What's that? Softball? :D Five minutes into any S-League match shown on the telly, I will get so bored that I rather switch channels to watch A Kindred Spirit reruns.

Well, Esther is now contracted with ATV, from the last I heard. She is on our screens too, if you dare to watch the Romance of the Book and Sword. Somehow, I think our local productions are really pathetic.

Michelle Saram simply cannot act very well. She was poor in ATEII when you can actually hear how contrived her Cantonese was. Although she put in a slightly better performance in ATEII (not as difficult as ASITP since it is not a period drama), her acting is still very dead.

And don't get me started on the Faggot Four. Unlike the Beatles, they will not last and probably follow other boybands into the dustbins of the history of contemporary pop. Wait till this generation of girls gets older and their popularity will be on the wane.

Taiwanese drama serials are usually very draggy and focus too much on the characters. For this reason, I don't watch any of them, not even the Zhao Wei-inspired My Fair Princess. Yeeks!

Cliffordil:

Yes. What's wrong with that?

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yo Birdie :)

Oh man, I completely agree with you! S-League $ucks! I remember the time when I watched a bit of the action (accidentally switched channels), I saw one guy trying to take a corner. Twice in succession, he sent the ball behind the net instead of directing it to players in front of the net. I felt so embarrassed for the chap! I mean, a football player not knowing how to take a corner?! :eek: :rollani:

And I watched a bit of ASITP yesterday. Saw Michelle Saram. I completely PUKED. Ack! Does she look like a princess? NOOOOOOOOOOOO. Ack. I don't know why they cast her. And I hate Raymond Lam too. Eeeeek. But maybe that's coz I think he's a cheap imitation of Louis Koo :stuckup: :tongue:

I like Esther very much. I think she acts well in both period and modern dramas. And she & Nick Cheung make a :cool: couple. :D Don't bring up that Romance of Book & Sword. :sigh: It's terrible. I am so sorry for Esther that she decided to take it up. And the girl acting as Princess Xiangxiang... ack. She's not pretty at all. According to the novel, she is supposed to be a gorgeous woman.

And speaking of local productions, did you catch The Unbeatables III? I tell ya, it's Puke-Worthy. For one, they didn't dub, so if I so happened to switch to Channel 8, I have to contend with their disgusting, ear-jarring Mandarin. For another, Lee San San can't act! :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

As for Kindred Spirit reruns... the whole show is bloody draggy. I only liked Kenix & Sunny in there. I can't, for the life of me, figure out why people can actually follow it all the way to the end :rollani:

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Is it because they have no life? I think Channel U sucks. They can't compete with Channel 8 in terms of producing dramas.

Anyway, it is ok that Birdie does not show up. Or else he will be brainwashing all of us to become anti-Houllier Liverpool fans.:)

Oh, and I am looking forward to Meteor Garden 2.:)

paw;)

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh, ack. You watch Meteor Garden? :yuck:

Channel U $ucks all right. Can't stand Kym Ng. She irritates the hell out of me. And well, the lot of them are disgusting.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Yep. It is quite sweet too.:) The storyline.

Channel U sucks because they are trying too hard to be funny.

paw;)

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Meteor Garden :rollani: The people inside that show can't act. They don't even look good. And the storyline's silly.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
But it is a nice love story.:heart:

Plus that girl San Chai is cute. Very cute.:)

paw;)

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Awk. I have seen better love stories.

Oh, you mean Da S? I hear her name is Barbie Hsu :rollani: She's OK, I guess. The male leads are :yuck:

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Yep. I never look at male leads though. :)

So it is your last day today. Any farewell dinner for you from your colleagues?:)

paw;)

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well, not really. :) A couple of friends and I are going out for dinner, that's about it. Not keen to make it big, though. Have turned down lunch offers from colleagues, lol.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts