Xtratime Community banner

201 - 213 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
I run my own online travel agency (specifically for flights)

Send me a PM of your details and I will find you the best flight out there free of charge [XT discount ;)]

Expedia is horrible. You will almost never get the best deal on there.
But for the love of god, never use "traditional" travel agencies. They will rob you dry. For the money you lose, you could stay at a 5 star resort.

^

Nigerian scam incoming..:err:

PS Stop by in Holland, RB, I know you like the ladies over here. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
^

:grin2:

Actually, you don't book through my agency. We just find the best flight path for those particular dates and then send you to one of those agencies.

For anyone that looks for flights intra-Europe, Kiwi.com is a great online travel agency.
Otherwise, Skyscanner will cover 99% of your needs in general.
Google flights is great for people like me that know how to use the complicated search functions to narrow down the best deal.
Momondo has a few secrets as well where you can find insane price mistakes but very hard to look for.

GF and I went to Europe this summer for work/pleasure and I booked our flights from US to Europe and Europe to US for a total of $230 per roundtrip ticket. So a little under $500. Now, that's rare and I booked about 9 months in advance but it's def possible to find one-way tickets as low as $69 and if you know how to look, you can find price mistakes very often.

I've found flights for less than $5. Cheapest was $2 from one European country to another. I mean it's insane. I believe it was Germany-Romania. Cheaper than driving down the street, lol.

If you don't believe me Krle, then ask for a flight path with dates and I will post results on here :grin2:

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Just did a quick search right now Holland to Russia for less than $180 roundtrip June 2018.

Believe it or not but the airline is actually AirSerbia :howler:

That's hilarious. Looks like they are capitalizing on the diaspora going to the WC LOL!

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
lol, everyone and their momma uses those sites these days. :D

I'm contemplating on going to the Brazil game as well, but we'll see in the upcoming days.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
^

:howler:

It'd be awesome if everyone gathered and did a round trip. Imagine the scenery..

- Krle and his gangster friends from Rotterdam will be running the World Cup drug and prostitutes shop
- Teak will be on the look out for Serbian women in Russia
- Alekso would bring his transvestite girlfriends/boyfriends (free definition) so RB can enjoy himself once he's bored of Serbia's dominance on the pitch
- RB serving as the body guard in return
- Psycho Serb would be more drunk than a Russian on methanol
- SP will leave his family duties and smuggle guns into Russia, just in case a civil war erupts between Serbia and mini Albania
- DZ and Dule would start a civil war between themselves
- Vuc will be driving in his bowling shoes
- srb would be patching the latest version of zoric in order for the database to be satisfactory because the current version is disappointing
- Dzone and RSF would be complaining about everything together - literally creaming their jocks complaining about even themselves
- Gibraldo would show a massive amount of old games with Yugoslav teams at the World Cup while alchemist could tell every single story about the players and coaches
- sippy would conspire with the Russian government in order to kick out Brazil and mini Albania out of the World Cup
- milos would tease Serb for his height

·
Registered
5,995 Posts
^

Nigerian scam incoming..

PS Stop by in Holland, RB, I know you like the ladies over here.

It'd be awesome if everyone gathered and did a round trip. Imagine the scenery..

- Krle and his gangster friends from Rotterdam will be running the World Cup drug and prostitutes shop
- Teak will be on the look out for Serbian women in Russia
- Alekso would bring his transvestite girlfriends/boyfriends (free definition) so RB can enjoy himself once he's bored of Serbia's dominance on the pitch
- RB serving as the body guard in return
- Psycho Serb would be more drunk than a Russian on methanol
- SP will leave his family duties and smuggle guns into Russia, just in case a civil war erupts between Serbia and mini Albania
- DZ and Dule would start a civil war between themselves
- Vuc will be driving in his bowling shoes
- srb would be patching the latest version of zoric in order for the database to be satisfactory because the current version is disappointing
- Dzone and RSF would be complaining about everything together - literally creaming their jocks complaining about even themselves
- Gibraldo would show a massive amount of old games with Yugoslav teams at the World Cup while alchemist could tell every single story about the players and coaches
- sippy would conspire with the Russian government in order to kick out Brazil and mini Albania out of the World Cup
- milos would tease Serb for his height
LOL! Zok.

///

For flights (if you're in Canada), check out

https://nextdeparture.ca/flight-deals/

WOW Air also has plenty of deals but they always include stop-overs in Reykjavík (the cheapest prices never include checked baggage -- usually about an extra $125).

https://en.wowair.ca

·
Registered
5,995 Posts
Ha conspire good one. While we are on topic how about finding hotels

Personally, I just search through expedia and trivago. Airbnb is good as long as the owner/"property manager" doesn't live on premise. That's just weird shit.

In my previous travel experiences, I learned that booking on-line was never about real time availability/inventory. I've used two different mobiles at the same time with different results. If/when I catch a very good price, I take a screen shot, save it, and use it as pricing leverage.

If I was very interested, I would call or message the hotel directly ex. If the hotel room was advertised online for $260, I would call the hotel and get the room for $190.

Another option I used was real, in-person cruiseship agencies (a Serbian agent told me she makes max up to $18 when someone books flight-only travel; it's not worth her time but it's treated as a loss leader in hope the person will be a repeat customer for more expensive travel).

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Guys, don't forget to apply for the Fan ID-thing if you're planning on watching the World Cup.

https://www.fan-id.ru/

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
FIFA have re-opened the applications for World Cup-tickets today. Check out if you can get any RB. There are still tickets for the two opening group stage games. Brazil is sold out.

Who's managed to get tickets so far?

·
Zeko lopove...
7,464 Posts
FIFA have re-opened the applications for World Cup-tickets today. Check out if you can get any RB. There are still tickets for the two opening group stage games. Brazil is sold out.

Who's managed to get tickets so far?
Hey Zoric, my brother and I got tickets to all three group matches and the final 16 (I'm betting on us facing the Germans in St. Petersrburg) match if we make it that far. What an epic clash that would be if it ever happened...

Are you going? You have to, you're literally a ferry ride away.

201 - 213 of 213 Posts