Xtratime Community banner

181 - 200 of 213 Posts

·
Zeko lopove...
7,464 Posts
Didn't you open a thread last year asking what to do in Holland? :D

I guess you weren't delighted with your trip.
I did... but decided against it. Historical reasons :stuckup:

·
Registered
106 Posts
That's very nice of you to suggest that KNL but he was looking for typical Belgian restaurants not Moroccan :pp
I checked website, there is a seafood street called rue des bouchers, and it is said that it just cheat the tourists and price is unreasonable. any other place for good seafood in Brussels?

·
♣ ♠ ♣ ♠ ♣ ♠ &#
4,315 Posts
I checked website, there is a seafood street called rue des bouchers, and it is said that it just cheat the tourists and price is unreasonable. any other place for good seafood in Brussels?

Yes :) That's what I warned you for, it's popular and picturesque to stroll in that street but it's very expensive because they take advantage of the tourists, that's why I suggested to go a little bit outside the city centre if you're on a tight budget.

The square that is known for it's seafood restaurants is called the Sint-Katelijneplein (NL) or Place Sainte Catherine (FR)

Sorry I didn't reply earlier to your PM, it's because of the hectic events that occurred the past two days :pp

·
Registered
11,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
I did... but decided against it. Historical reasons :stuckup:
Their treatment of slaves?

Dude do yourself a favour, skip holand and belgium, go somewhere nice instead. Take your girl to Greece, Serbia, Russia or Toronto and you will be thankful you did.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yes :) That's what I warned you for, it's popular and picturesque to stroll in that street but it's very expensive because they take advantage of the tourists, that's why I suggested to go a little bit outside the city centre if you're on a tight budget.

The square that is known for it's seafood restaurants is called the Sint-Katelijneplein (NL) or Place Sainte Catherine (FR)

Sorry I didn't reply earlier to your PM, it's because of the hectic events that occurred the past two days :pp
It's ok, I will travel this weekend,I would follow your tips and go to the sinte catherine to find a seafood restaurant. do you have some suggestion for where offers best hot chocolate, my girlfriend love it and she thought best chocolate ,best hot chocolate.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Their treatment of slaves?

Dude do yourself a favour, skip holand and belgium, go somewhere nice instead. Take your girl to Greece, Serbia, Russia or Toronto and you will be thankful you did.
I am in netherlands now, and three days holiday,I couldn't have chance to this place, two days on the trip ,one day for travel are you kidding me?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I‘ve finished my wonderful Belgium trip. Thanks for your advice @alekso, I went to Noordzee Mer du Nord and Fin de sceile. Both are amazing, especially the seafood. Thanks

·
♣ ♠ ♣ ♠ ♣ ♠ &#
4,315 Posts
Glad you enjoyed your time here Gubijic. :thumbsup: I agree, the food here is amazing :lick:

·
Zeko lopove...
7,464 Posts
Interesting, I might be moving to Luxembourg next year so will have to go to Belgium.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
I hear Berlin is brilliant. I have had a lot of friends go there recently and they all enjoyed it.

Not sure about the other two. One friend went away with Fulham when they were in the Europa League and I think he said there wasn't much going on but he might just have got that impression because he was there midweek.

·
Registered
11,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #193
Anyone been to Hawaii? There is some damn cheap flights from Toronto to Honolulu for $530 round trip :eek:

·
Lord of the Basement
15,331 Posts
Anyone been to Hawaii? There is some damn cheap flights from Toronto to Honolulu for $530 round trip :eek:
I'll set you up with my bosses condo, only $3000 a week but I can probably get you a discount to around $2000.

·
Registered
11,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #196

·
Registered
11,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #197
I'll set you up with my bosses condo, only $3000 a week but I can probably get you a discount to around $2000.
Sickk, where is it?

·
Registered
11,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
Bump

I haven't been to Europe since my nieces were born in 2013. What is the best site for flights and accommodations? Expedia.ca and airbnb?

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Probably yeah.

Some very nice and affordable places on AirBnB.

If you’re flying around Europe then always look at the budget airlines.

There’s also apparently an Icelandic company that does cheap flights from Canada to London. It’s called Wow or something.

Then you can use the likes of Wizz Air, Ryanair, EasyJet etc to get around to other places in Europe as there’s other airports around London once you’re there.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Bump

I haven't been to Europe since my nieces were born in 2013. What is the best site for flights and accommodations? Expedia.ca and airbnb?

I run my own online travel agency (specifically for flights)

Send me a PM of your details and I will find you the best flight out there free of charge [XT discount ;)]

Expedia is horrible. You will almost never get the best deal on there.
But for the love of god, never use "traditional" travel agencies. They will rob you dry. For the money you lose, you could stay at a 5 star resort.

181 - 200 of 213 Posts