Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today we have the 5th of March 2006 and there is heavy snowfall all over Germany. Some of you may have noticed it yesterday in the match between Bayern and Hamburg.
I cannot recall a begin of march where we had so much snowfall, at least not in Hamburg. I attached some photos i made today looking out of the kitchen window of my flat..

I hate snow, i hate this cold and wet weather, i really hope that this is going to stop pretty soon :mad: !

.. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
I´m sorry for those who have to use their car these days. Driving on the motorways is horrible. But apart from that I like the snow. :) When I got back from the stadium yesterday I thought I was in Austria.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
It's really horrible indeed... here in the south of Holland where I live the children and students have a school holiday for a week because of carnaval, but all people coming back from winter-sport in Germany / Austria / France etc suffered heavy problems and 'staus' (what's that in English)...

Also in Holland all the amateur and a lot of first division matches are cancelled, just as the regionalliga and oberliga etc matches in Germany... pretty weird this kind of weather in this part of the year, but the climate is changing heavily though through the years, we should pay more interest into the environment, climate and things like that... but I'm going off-topic now :D.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
szövkap said:
but it was supposed to become warmer............... :googly:
Well I thought there are coming more extreme differences... colder winters, warmer summers, more rain/snow. But I'm not sure...

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Rothose said:
Today we have the 5th of March 2006 and there is heavy snowfall all over Germany. Some of you may have noticed it yesterday in the match between Bayern and Hamburg.
I cannot recall a begin of march where we had so much snowfall, at least not in Hamburg. I attached some photos i made today looking out of the kitchen window of my flat..

I hate snow, i hate this cold and wet weather, i really hope that this is going to stop pretty soon :mad: !

.. :D
Absolutely... snow sucks. I want to have spring, I want to put all the winter clothes aside, I want to have the temperatures raising towards 20+ degrees.

Cold and wet weather depresses me :sigh:

·
Registered
199 Posts
pffff..complaining about snow in hamburg :rolleyes: :doh:

:tongue:

i had to use the old lang-lauf skis to reach the bakery today.
the sooner this madness ends the better. :frustrat:

forza summer!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Knoert said:
[...]heavy problems and 'staus' (what's that in English)...
It's "queue" in English, "coda" in Italian! :)

It's really a strange weather, 2 mornings ago here in Genova it was snowing for half an hour, then we had the sun, the clouds, today sun and rain again but with 18/20°C!!! It seems to be at the Tropics here now while in Central Europe it's all white with the snow... crazy weather!

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I have to agree, the recent weather sucks.

You can hardly open a window because of the tempest-like wind, and you don't feel like going outside either in a weather like this... It alternates all the time between snow- and rainfall, so that the streets are full of filthy slush..

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
When it´s cold outside, like yesterday here in Nürnberg, the weather is really nice. But it sucks when it´s a bit warmer and it rains onto the snow and it´s getting slushy. :frustrat:

But when was the last time you saw a snowman in the stadium ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Thanks for the beautiful pictures, Rot. I love snow. :heart:

...then again, I was considerably younger when we had snow like that on a regular basis, and I didn't have to worry about driving to work and such, so maybe I'd feel differently if I'd have to worry about it now. ;)

·
Super
4,283 Posts
casiraghi said:
pffff..complaining about snow in hamburg :rolleyes: :doh:

:tongue:

i had to use the old lang-lauf skis to reach the bakery today.
the sooner this madness ends the better. :frustrat:

forza summer!
Cross country to work? Damn, at least you got some exercises

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tim said:
Thanks for the beautiful pictures, Rot. I love snow. :heart:

...then again, I was considerably younger when we had snow like that on a regular basis, and I didn't have to worry about driving to work and such, so maybe I'd feel differently if I'd have to worry about it now. ;)
Here are some new pics for you - i took them today ...
There was very much snowfall in the last night here in Hamburg :thmbdown: :yuck: ;) ...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
We got tonnes of snow today! Beats the frigging rain we always get!

Just hope it keeps on coming so i do not have to go to work?

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Nice pics, Rothose. :thumbsup: I like the one with the bicycle a lot.

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm a person who is always complaining about the weather :D ..

Barely 4 months ago everything was covered in snow here and it was bitter cold.
Now it's the opposite way around : massive heat, still more than 32 degress of celcius at 8.30 pm, it was even warmer around noon/afternoon, of course we are enjoying a high humidity, too :rolleyes: . Every move results in small rivers of sweat running down your body. I tried to go jogging but after 3km the heat nearly killed me ... My flat is glowing ( i'm living directly under the roof..).

Poor world cup players, it is not a pleasure at all to play at these temperatures.

In May i was on vacation on the beautiful island of Madeira. This island has the ideal temperatures for me : Never colder than 16/17 degrees but also never warmer than 24/25 degrees of celcius. Loved it there, maybe i should move ...

·
Super
4,283 Posts
Rothose said:
I'm a person who is always complaining about the weather :D ..

Barely 4 months ago everything was covered in snow here and it was bitter cold.
Now it's the opposite way around : massive heat, still more than 32 degress of celcius at 8.30 pm, it was even warmer around noon/afternoon, of course we are enjoying a high humidity, too :rolleyes: . Every move results in small rivers of sweat running down your body. I tried to go jogging but after 3km the heat nearly killed me ... My flat is glowing ( i'm living directly under the roof..).

Poor world cup players, it is not a pleasure at all to play at these temperatures.

In May i was on vacation on the beautiful island of Madeira. This island has the ideal temperatures for me : Never colder than 16/17 degrees but also never warmer than 24/25 degrees of celcius. Loved it there, maybe i should move ...
I am sure it's not fun when the temperature is so high along with high humidity. It's like you are constantly sweating. I assume it would be nice to take a shower. But when you come out, you are wet again. Thank God at least the heat here is dry. The weather in Madeira sounds like the one in the bay area( San Francisco) here. Pretty nice indeed. Of course, everything is so expensive in that area as well. One of the most expensive places in the States.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts