Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Star Player
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys Im a self confessed expert on tennis :D

actually I was a half decent player in my day and I know a good thing when I see it, DANILIDOU WILL CRACK TOP 15 BY YEARS END, shes a ver very talented player with all the shots, power, touch and gr8 hands. She is currently being coached by an aussie who I can say is one of the better coaches in the world, she leapt 230 ranking places last year and this year starts with a ranking of 80 and has already made the 3rd round (final 32) of the aus open.....She got beaten by world number 1 capriati in 3 sets today 6-2, 3-6, 6-1...she was up 2-0 first set then choked and second set played some amazing tennis, theird set she broke capriati for 1-0 lead and had game points to go 2-0 then who knows where momentum would have carried her? still a gr8 effort!

shes the real deal and hopefully she'll inspire more grrek kids to take up tennis a sport were we've traditionally been perrenial hacks :D

BTW my brother has spoken to her several times and says that shes a delightful polite person, pao, flexy you'll be happty to hear that he bought a pao shirt for the specific purpose of being part of the greek mob that supported her in her every match :D why pao gamoto! :D

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I heard she gave quite a good challenge to Capriati. Is that so Tigertuff?

I have the good luck to know Lena Daniilidou personally, since she is the cousin of an ex-girlfriend, so I have gone a couple of times to the movies or for coffee with her (like two years ago). She is a VERY, VERY polite girl, bit too shy but very nice company anyway. She is training hard and I've heard many times she is a great talent waiting to blossom. Seems she is on her way.

I heard she was compared to Mark Philipousis due to her playing style. Is that true?

·
Star Player
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats right amo she took it right up to capriati and when she was in full flight capriati couldnt cope :)

She certainly is a big talent you can take that to the bank, shes said thats she based her style of play on her 2 idols phillipousis and sampras. They both are heavy hitters and have an all court game which Eleni does, Id say in a vague way shes a bit like Phillipousis in the way that shes a big girl and powerful with an all court game, but I compare her very closely to the argentinian Gabriella Sabatini my favourite female tennis player of all-time :)

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
She did play good against Capriati, but I think Capriati's injury affected her a bit, but full credit to the young lady, because she have Cappas a scare.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts