Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there's a book/film/culture and tutti quanti forums in XT, but I wanted to open one dedicated to the Brotherhood!:stuckup::devil:

Let us talk about books, films, music, hobbies, girls :lick: , trips, dinning, winning, perfumes, fashion etc...in other words, everything but football!

So what is the latest book you folks are reading?

I've been captivatingly reading a sensational book for the past 2 days. It's addictive. It's called Angels and Demons by Dan Brown, the author of Da Vinci's code. To say it's brillant is the understatement of the year. (Da Vinci's code, I'll read it next!:stuckup: )

What made me think of posting this thread was the mention of a few things in the book that reminded me of what we have been doing in here in the Milan forum. Namely, the mention of the Brotherhood of the Illuminati. Another thing that I am sure shed some lights into things is now I really now what a word that is very dear to Luciano (Lucifer) really means!:devil: :stuckup: Lucifer, L'illuminatore!:stuckup: Superb name Presidente!!!!I sugest you name your first born Lucifer!:stuckup::devil: :tongue:

SO what are the books you guys are reading now? Any one has read or is reading the Angels and Demons book?

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Nah I haven't read it. But I just read a book called Moneyball by Michael Lewis that talks about Billy Beane economics of baseball management. It completely changed my whole view of baseballl. I just realized everything I assumed all my life is wrong. The book helped me to see the light.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Angles & Demons was brilliant. I've read it, Da Vinci Code & Deception Point by Dan Brown but A&D was the book that stood out the most. Da Vinci Code is a tad over-rated for me. It's a very good book but certainly not the best ever. I prefer Deception Point to it, although there are some plot holes in Deception Point.

Now, I'm currently on the first few chapters of another of his work, Digital Fortress.

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
San Siro said:
So what is the latest book you folks are reading?

(Da Vinci's code, I'll read it next!:stuckup: )
Da Vinci's code and I would recommand it to everyone, who loves to read. ;)

Agree with Handoyo, that it's not the best book ever, but for sure written in an interesting way.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Is Limewire better or worse than WinMX?

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
It's about the same Diavolo ;) I personally like Emule.

Last book I read was Tom Wolfe's latest. Rather flimsy premises but incredibly addictive to read :D

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Politician said:
It's about the same Diavolo ;) I personally like Emule.
Why. Is their more stuff or......:)

·
Registered
56,253 Posts
Diavolo said:
Nothing like some side crumpet ;)
i think i understood but i don't have the definition of the word "crumpet":)

·
On Planet Z
6,520 Posts
I'm currently reading Racine's version of the Euripidean tragedy, Phaedra, in which he presents the conundrum of divine caprice in conflict with personal choice. Party on. :jester:

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Diavolo said:
Nothing like some side crumpet ;)
:D
Indeed. :stuckup:
As they say, diversity is the spice of life!:lick: :stuckup: :D

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
56,253 Posts
San Siro said:

Cheers.;)
hello the honey moon:D

·
Registered
56,253 Posts
Phoenix said:
I'm currently reading Racine's version of the Euripidean tragedy, Phaedra, in which he presents the conundrum of divine caprice in conflict with personal choice. Party on. :jester:
you are too serious sam, you should read fédrérique dard time to time;)

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
San Siro said:

Cheers.;)
Poetry Payman, poetry :shades:

Right now I'm reading history books :stuckup:

A great book IMO is "American Tabloid" :shades: The author descibed Tarantino as a dreamer :D

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
lili said:
Da Vinci's code and I would recommand it to everyone, who loves to read. ;)

Agree with Handoyo, that it's not the best book ever, but for sure written in an interesting way.
Lili, is the Da Vinci Code recommandable even if somebody reads it to you ;)

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
Did any one read "Cane and Able" by Jeffrey Archer? The best non-fiction book I've red was Brendan Simms' "Unfinest Hour: Britain and the destruction of Bosnia".

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
Diavolo said:
Lili, is the Da Vinci Code recommandable even if somebody reads it to you ;)
I could think about such a situation ;), so yes. :D

Seriously, when i started to read the book I thought i will read just half an hour before going to bed at about 11 pm, but i found myself still reading at 3 am and i had to kick myself to bed to get some sleep. It's the sort of book which holdes you apart even from your pc : good and tense story and an interesting thematic. ;)

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
lili said:
I could think about such a situation ;), so yes. :D

Seriously, when i started to read the book I thought i will read just half an hour before going to bed at about 11 pm, but i found myself still reading at 3 am and i had to kick myself to bed to get some sleep. It's the sort of book which holdes you apart even from your pc : good and tense story and an interesting thematic. ;)
Or you could have somebody read you the book, whilst using your PC ;)

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
dabdob said:
Did any one read "Cane and Able" by Jeffrey Archer? .
Incredibly I have a few years ago :)

1 - 20 of 133 Posts