Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Rising Star
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All right, I'm opening this club in defence of one of the banned members of this forum, romulus.

First of all I know romulus can be a pain sometimes and I had my run-ins with him here and on other forums. But, that is simply his stile, he speaks his mind. There is no hipocracy, no hidden agenda, no politically correct phrases behind which he hides, he dishes out, plain and simple. I know that some of you might not like when you are being told that you wrote utter nonsense, but let's face it, this forum has had more then it's fair share of it. My favorite topic here is "Move Juve away from Turin" or something like that, posted in January(I think). Romulus was already banned, but he would've loved to reply to that. bwahahahaaha, I still laugh when I think about it....:D :D :D :D :D

And if you feel offended when he sometimes calls you a meathead or a commie, well you guys gotta tell me the name of the clinic that does such a thorough and efficient sense of humour by-pass. His posts are not offensive, but rather sarcastically sharp, and we miss something like that on Xtratime.

That was me as a poster, now I'll write as a Laziale.

First of all, romulus is intelligent. He may be a romanista, but credit where credit is due.;) His opinions are always well argumented and sometimes documented, although not always correct. Second, he has a sense of humour and can take a blow as well as he can give one. Now here we have a romanista with intelligence AND a sense of humour(albeit a strange one). That is a very rare specimen, in fact I believe he is the only one of his kind. :D :D :D ;) Now, everywhere in the world those are cherished and preserved, only here they are being driven away. :D :D :D Do we really need to do that?

So, joking and sfotto' , aside, I invite everyone who disagrees with the ban of romulus to join this club. Depending on thier prominence and intelligence, they'll get a suitable position once they join. Of course, I'm The Founder and President of the club so don't make me angry, or else....
:devil: :devil: :D ;) :tongue:

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,374 Posts
Romulus has already been back under many other names, the latest was a few days ago as Pompulus (check the Italian NT forum for that), but sure enough also that name is now banned! :rolleyes:
It's really sad to see this as I agree with your view on him 100%!! It's also quite strange that the reason for banning him was never made public, although there were reports about him having an argument with some CM's... and if you read the stories about how certain CM's go about there business in the topic 'Xtratime Dictatorship' (Padded Cell forum) you can imagine how his banning came about!! :(

Now where do I sign up! :D

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Huh, Bring back romulus in Lazio forum??:D ;) :tongue:

I do agre, in principle, with Milos's post:)

Just, Romulus have been warned many times, and came back under different names and somehow managed to stir problems again & again;)

And "ban" is permanent;). The only way for romulus to come back is under a new name & new persona. Ie. He can not repeat the violations of the rules he did before. It's a matter of the change of attitude. The question is if he's ready to do this?

PS. I'm at work now, and cant go into details.

·
38,374 Posts
This is what 'Rawmulus' (banned :rolleyes: )had to say about it yesterday:

"Dictatorship?

I see why some would call it that, but it's a bit extreme...my rights are threatened by other, more potent sources, not by XT's self-impressed managers. A little proportion, please...

Here at the ranch, it's merely cultivated soccer mom-ism, inculcated ninny-ism, petulant conformism, silly officiousness, phony propriety, self-adulation and self-promotion (where's Bonita btw - oh yes, in France sipping absynth with her nouveau-existentialistes amis.)

Neo-puritanism - no bawdy jokes, please - is flanked by overt and shameless culo-kissing...

Just keep on hammering away at the bungholiness of it all, and you'll all sleep like babies at night...I do

Best to all,

Romulus
"

Hehheh! :tongue: It seems he can take a lickin' but keep on tickin' :D ;)

·
Registered
518 Posts
I have to remind you that XT is a soccer forum, we can express our viewpoint on soccer by any way and can even attack the opposite mind just like fight on the pitch, but, you must fight like a man, using your intelligence and persuasion, not insult and disrespect others. I don't think who can accept the unprovoked personal assault. I don't think whom can not bear the insult is just because lack the sense of humour,

If you real like such kind of humour, I guess you can be satisfied in some special forums but XT forums, I prefer to get a clean and kind atmosphere to enjoy the soccer.

AND, I hate the feeling of argue with that Romulus, it's absolute out of mind, sometimes I even believe Osama Bin Laden will never doing well than him on fire the enmity.

·
Rising Star
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Boyo, you just became an Executive Director of the Bring Back Romulus club! :)

Aca, the fact that this appears in the Lazio forum gives it all the more credibility. :cool: But it was never said why exactly was romulus banned. It all too much looks to me like somebody couldn't take his banter and banned him arbitrarily.

No.3 this is a soccer forum and yes, people should not offend other people, but one shouldn't fall into the trap of making this place sterile. If you take away the fans freedom of expression they may as well stay at home and meditate.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I agree with Lightholler too (strange things eh? ;)).

Sadly, the decision of him staying banned seems to have been taken by Jan and there is next to nothing we can do about it. I tried to defend him in the FM forum and basically I was told that Jan had apparently enough of the guy and he is banned till he returns with a different "persona". Go figure.

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
A very rare specimen indeed. A mystery wrapped in an enigma, ready to explore strange new worlds....to boldly go where no Romulus has gone before.

(And he's also been a good advisor to me on various questions of Italian dinner etiquette.)

·
Star Player
2,961 Posts
I am fully supporting this endeavour of yours, Milos:D Partly because I have been one of those hated people on Romulus's list whom he failed to provoke:D I love such people who try to make me angry but miserable fail:D:D:D
Bring him on;)

·
Rising Star
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK let's sum up the membership up to now:

Founder and President with membership card No 1(get stuffed you lot, it's mine :D:D:D:D): me!

Executive Director and card No 2: Boyo!

Vice-President and card No 3: Humbird!

Treasurer and card No 4: Amoroso!

Secretary and card No 5: utopia!

Looking for more members, come on people, let's protect free speech on this forum!:cool:

Oh, and, Amoroso: romulus with a different "persona"? In Jan's dreams!!!:D :D :D ;) :tongue:

·
Registered
672 Posts
I couldn't care less about this guy. I have some romanista friends with who I can have a nice discussion once in a while, and those discussions are built on mutual respect. I never saw any post in which this guy showed any sign of respect....

....sti cazzi....

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
Does this mean AquilaBelga doesn't get a membership card?

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
Frankly, I don't care if he comes back or not. I understand why he was banned but I don't really see what's all that special about him. Yes, he is intelligent and funny but there are plenty of other intelligent ppl. around Xtratime and ppl. like Pila and Freddie speak their mind and has humour too.

And if I want advice on an Itailan dinner I consult a cook book or the chef of my favourite restaurant.

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Yeah, Romulus can be pretty funny, and although he crosees the line from time to time, I am not sure why he gets banned after every new name he creates.

Maybe the Admins are trying to see how many name combos that he can create that relate to romulus;)

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Deniz said:
Yeah, Romulus can be pretty funny, and although he crosees the line from time to time, I am not sure why he gets banned after every new name he creates.
"The crime" doesn't dissappear just because he have an new name. Banning is not just an new form of changing "nick".

·
38,374 Posts
Well, what exactly was his crime then? Annoying Jan? Surely, if Xtratime is supposed to be a community that can't be reason enough to ban someone!

It would seem some people aren't able to understand Romulus' style and attitude and as a result get frustrated and transfer their anger, caused by their own inability, unto him.

The same thing happened in the past with Cecco and Reale, who had the same style and attitude as Romulus (although from a completely different perspective!! ;) ) and received simular (even worse actually!) treatment.

They have left for good and are now running their own forum, which is a great success and does by far better than the Lazio forum here (no offense intented). And that is exactly the reason Xtratime shouldn't scare such people away, they are the ones who make things interesting, unexpected, lively and fun! Let's face it... if everyone was nice and polite all the time, it would be fvcking boring!!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Boyo, I have to disagree. Cecco and Reale were two very rude :ass:holes. Nothing more or less than that. Sure, they had passion for Lazio but apart from the odd nice topic or poem they were just branding everyone a non-real fan and throwing insults to anyone disagreeing with them. Being passionate does not mean you have to be a jerk. People like Cecco and Reale are embarassing Lazio fans every other Sunday at Olimpico.

Romulus is much different than them. He is at least witty and can be quite intelectual unlike those two bozos.

·
38,374 Posts
HAHAHA!!! :D :D

That's the spirit! :)

See people... that's exactly my point. Amo could have expressed his opinion in all kinds of ways, but doing it this way made it enjoyable. Even for someone who doesn't agree with him. :tongue:

Note to the newer members: the discussions in the past between Amo, Cecco and Reale were a lot of fun to read, true classics!! :D

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
Boyo said:
They have left for good and are now running their own forum, which is a great success and does by far better than the Lazio forum here (no offense intented). And that is exactly the reason Xtratime shouldn't scare such people away, they are the ones who make things interesting, unexpected, lively and fun! Let's face it... if everyone was nice and polite all the time, it would be fvcking boring!!
Well, that certainly depends on how you define success. If it is more posts, then perhaps. But if we define success as quality then.....;)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.