Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we're in the most peaceful moment of the year, I think it's a good time to open a space for suggestions and criticism in the forum.

I'd like people to speak their minds, talking about what we can improve or things that should disappear or things that should be new in the forum.

Please, say whatever you want here, but be realistic and honest.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Good Thread :thmbup:

People should realise that as FMs we try our very best to make this board a better place for everyone. Every decision we make is for the best as we see it. Some people might not view it the same way we do, but that's just human nature. You are entitled to an explanation, and we'll do our best to give you one, as long as you're civil and deserve it. I like this thread, gives a lot of room for interaction. But as K4 said, be realistic and honest.

K4 I hope you don't mind, but I'm gonna Sticky-it.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Please, say whatever you want here, but be realistic and honest.
I will have a Carbonara Bolognese alla Amatriciana, a well cooked chicken, a bag of fries and a bottle of your most overrated wine. :shades:

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
Other than the most recent thing, this forum is fine. Amongst the most lenient of all, which is good, because it would not be fitting for Barca to have one of the more facist types. There could be a TAD more control over the people who leap all over Mohamed no matter what he says though, it gets kind of annoying. And people who come here that don't support Barca but only appear to talk shit should always be removed, although I'm sure that has happened with a few guys.

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Other than the most recent thing, this forum is fine. Amongst the most lenient of all, which is good, because it would not be fitting for Barca to have one of the more facist types. There could be a TAD more control over the people who leap all over Mohamed no matter what he says though, it gets kind of annoying. And people who come here that don't support Barca but only appear to talk shit should always be removed, although I'm sure that has happened with a few guys.
Good suggestion. Even if I don't agree with Mohamed, many times he got undeserved cheap insults. Even if he's a madridista, people shouldn't have free ticket to hit the guy, since he usually comes to give arguments. If he could only control his "This is nonsense" or "this is bollocks" way to start some of his posts... in any case, I'm a bit tired of reading insults among ourseleves and also against rival fans.

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
Guys

It is a matter from both sides.How come Mohamed alone gets nitpicked for his posts but the other madridistas like Ramos etc dont?If he gives ridiculous opinions,he will be targeted and made fun of?He cant complain everytime,he has to look inwards too.

Now compare this with a situation where we are also suggesting youngie not to spam.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
I always get called facist and nazi....

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
Disagree with his opinions, sure. But a lot of the time, it's not someone saying "Mo, I think you're wrong", it's someone saying "Mo, I think you're a ****". Ramos, Daopica, R0naldo, guys like this are fine to me, they dish out some banter, but they take it back as well, and it never has the serious/offensive tone that some people have. Other guys like Redhat are ok, assuming he's in a good mood. :D

Argue with the opinions I say, all day. But sometimes it doesn't take long for specific people to be targetted with personal comments.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
yeah but you needle people enough and you also support Real Madrid.

only in the lets laugh thread which in itself a heap of garbage...

they very nature of the thread is a needle

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
Exactly VBI.So there is a history,isn't it?

And we start dishing out insults because,this is not new for us or the first time.Haven't you seen him get such treatment in every single other forum?Like i said,it wont take much for us to take it easy,but is it the solution.Everyone knows he provokes,intentionally/delibrately.i think it works both ways.

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
only in the lets laugh thread which in itself a heap of garbage...

they very nature of the thread is a needle
Yeah but considering Barca not doing well,the morale is very low and i guess needling at that time would attract responses like that.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
agree besides I have no hard feeling towards anyone...

best part of growing old is forgetting :D

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The rule is clear, insults won't be tolerated. Since this is a concern, I want to stop this from the root, no matter the colors.

At the end, it's a matter of respect.

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
The Madrid thread is no different to any other rivalry orientated thread in any of the other forums. I don't get why Madrid fans contiously think they have the right to complain about that. Trolling isn't a huge problem in the Spanish section as far as I'm aware, but there were definitely larger trolling elements in here by them than the reverse. Keeping the rivalry stuff largely to one thread for both sides means the rest of the threads should in theory just be about Barca.

·
In Exile
5,398 Posts
IMO our FMs doing pretty well job, probobably the best crop out of the XT FMs, what can one expect, the best club deserves only the best FMs.

I have some criticism about how XTRATIME is moderated, but it doesn't concern this forum but the XTRATIME in general, so this is no place of my complaints. If anyone know of better FCB and general forum in English, please post a link in this thread.

Agreed there is too much agressivity against some madridistas, Mo being the most obvious target. I hope I don't sound hypocritical by saying the above, I'm agressive too, but I percieve myself as I guy who tries to avoid at least direct personals insults. As I'm hotheaded, maybe I don't always succeed.

The forum level is maybe going down and there's to much moaning around, but this is probably due to our failures.

All in all, the situation here for me is a bit unusual, as this forum is global. During the years I met personally everybody in Olimpija forum and had a drink with them, we even forged some friendships. Here I won't meet anybody personally, which makes two differences:
a) there's more internet hooliganism and less responsability, as you are arguing with a guy, which you'll never met eye to eye.
b) the conflicts cannot be solved normally, as are solved normally in a forum when people know each other personally -- over a glass of beer and some laugh afterwards.

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for your posts, guys, especially VBI and Barcoslav.

I think I always tried to defend the rivals who came to post arguments, I didn't care if they were good or bad, just arguments. The thing is that arguments and discussions are always welcome and, if we're in a multi club forum is also to interact with fans of other clubs. If I only wanted to masturbate with other Barça fans, I'd be in a different kind of forum. Starting from this, I think that these rivals deserve protection too, just as the one we think we deserve when we go to other forums of XT.

Said all this, I'm fully commited with finishing with the constant cheap insults against some madridistas. Not just for them, but also for me and those who come here to have a good discussion. If you think that you're right, defend it with arguments, which is the best way to humilliate the rival... if humiliation is the right word here.

Zero tolerance with insults, from wherever they come. For this, it's important to count on the help of everyone, because the forum aren't the FMs, but all of us. So, before taking revenge by yourselves, it's important to know that a PM to any FM or CM will always be more useful to stop the trolls. It happened in the past and we got some of them out of here. So be smart and do not fall in provocations.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts