Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who likes basketball? I do. :smileani:

Here we can talk about ACB, the Spanish teams playing in the Euroleague and ULEB Cup, and of course, about Gasol and Raul López.

EUROLEAGUE:

Winterthur Barcelona 77 - 70 Scavolini

Real Madrid 82 - 66 Partizan Belgrade

TAU Vitoria 81 - 85 CSKA Moscow

Ulker 66 - 62 Unicaja

Climamio 84 - 78 Estudiantes

NBA:

Gasol : 31 pts in Memphis-Indiana (85-86), reaches the 5,000 points since he's playing in the NBA :star:

López: 10 pts in Sacramento-Utah (107-93), in 18 minutes.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Code:
1  Real Madrid		14 2 
2  Etosa Alicante		13 3 
3  Tau 			12 4 
4  Barcelona 		11 5 
5  Gran Canaria 		10 6 
6  Adecco Estu. 		10 6 
7  Pamesa Valencia		10 6 
8  Caja San Fernando 	9 7 
9  Unicaja		8 8 
10  Lagun Aro Bilbao 	7 9 
11  Ricoh Manresa		6 10 
12  DKV Joventut 		6 10 
13  Fórum			6 10 
14  Granada 		6 10 
15  Casademont 		5 11 
16  Leche Río Breogán 	4 12 
17  Unelco Tenerife 	4 12 
18  Plus Pujol Lleida 	3 13
ETOOOOOSA ETOOOOOSA... PAMESA PUDRETE PAMESA PUDRETE PAMEEESAAAA PUUDREEEEETEEEE!!! :D

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Koeman4 said:
ETOOOOOSA ETOOOOOSA... PAMESA PUDRETE PAMESA PUDRETE PAMEEESAAAA PUUDREEEEETEEEE!!! :D
Yes, Etosa is playing great, I'm happy for them. By the way, your beloved Barcelona (or should I say Winterhur? :D) isn't exactly in the best moment, you know... not that I care a lot about Pamesa, honestly, but you have only 1 victory more than them.

Latest results: Manresa 91 - 75 Barcelona :pp

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ACB - ROUND 17

Pamesa Valencia 94 - 77 Real Madrid :)
Etosa Alicante 83 - 87 DKV Joventut
Winterthur F.C. Barcelona 77 - 69 Unelco Tenerife
Lagun Aro Bilbao Basket 65 - 86 Gran Canaria
Casademont Girona 80 - 77 Adecco Estudiantes
Plus Pujol Lleida 89 - 96 CB Granada
Leche Rio 96 - 89 Ricoh Manresa
Caja San Fernando 79 - 87 Tau Ceramica
Unicaja 75 - 64 Forum Valladolid

1 Real Madrid 14 3
2 Tau 13 4
3 Etosa Alicante 13 4
4 Barcelona 12 5
5 Gran Canaria 11 6
6 Pamesa Valencia 11 6
7 Adecco Estu. 10 7
8 Unicaja 9 8

These 8 teams will play the Cup.

·
40,147 Posts
El Fenómeno. said:
Hey Setzer, I love Basketball.

Big Lakers fan and I also like the Mavericks. I am guessing you like Memphis?
Actually we like Pau Gasol, Memphis is a shit team and he won't win anything there, too sad, because he's good enough to play in a better team. He earns a lot of money there, but I'm sure that he's sick of playing there. He was raised in Barça's youth system and, as in football, there you learn to win.

There's another Spanish player there, Raül López, who is Catalan and played in Joventut Badalona and Real Madrid, but he's not that good.

Personally, I don't care about NBA. Since I don't support any team, the matches become quite boring to me. The game is more spectacular than in Europe, but too physical for me. In Europe there is good basketball too... since the US is very big, I wonder what would happen in match between the best Americans vs the best Europeans.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
The best Europeans would probably win. Americans are going away from the fundamentals of the game. Everybody is obsessed with dunking, breaking your ankles and the flashiest crossovers, but nobody is interested in getting to the free-throw line or making a basic 15-foot shot.

You are right about Memphis, they will not win an NBA Championship anytime soon and I think Gasol will demand a trade in the future unless they become contenders.

·
40,147 Posts
El Fenómeno. said:
The best Europeans would probably win. Americans are going away from the fundamentals of the game. Everybody is obsessed with dunking, breaking your ankles and the flashiest crossovers, but nobody is interested in getting to the free-throw line or making a basic 15-foot shot.
That's what I meant. I recall that when I was a kid, I could easily say the names of at least 10 amazing players: Jordan, Bird, Magic, Stockton, Malone, Berkley, Ewing, Pippen,... the ones that played in Barcelona. Nowadays, I have to think a lot to find so many names... and all of them miles away from the ones I've said before.

I know that the NBA didn't bring the best players to Athens 2004, but I wasn't surprised for their results. Even the supposed great Lebron James didn't show me anything from out of the space. Many teams were technically and tactically far superior than the US.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Epa! Add another basket fan over here.

As it´s obious I suport Bilbao Basket (con los de kolorao que son los nuestros!:cool: ) we aren´t doing bad for our first season eh?! we have the best coach in ACB, in Txus we trust!:stuckup: Since we´ve been so many years without first level basket in Bilbao I have simpathy for some teams. Since Caja Bilbao disappeared I always had a special "love" towards La Penya (Joventut), those were the times of Rafa Jofresa - Villacampa - Smith - Thompson - Ferrán, with Tomás Jofresa coming from the bench to score a 3pt from half the court.:cool: Arggg that Europe Cup lost in the last second...:(

As it´s logical I also like Tau, it has been the only elite basque team for many years; from Kenny Green to "Matxe" Macijauskas, passing through Elmer Benett or Andrés "Chapu" Noccioni. I´ve always liked and supported them even if they have "Karajeta" as president.:eek: I also have simpathy for Estudiantes and la demencia.

From the NBA, I also miss the good old times although for my age I couldn´t enjoy the Magic vs Bird exhibitions, actually I´ve seen both players but not on their best, still I remember Barcelona 92. I´ve always liked the Pacers and Reggie Miller, one of the best shooters ever, I became a fan of him during those great Chicago vs Indiana Conference finals, he was the only one capable of facing MJ, although it wasn´t enough.

But everyday I loose attention to NBA, I used to stay awake at least once a week until 3 or so to watch some games, then I passed to watch them on delay the next day and lately I only watch them from time to time. I actually had the luck of watching the great Phoenix vs Minnesota a couple of weeks ago, with Steve Nash writing the perfect definition of the word playmaker, but that euphoria didn´t last much.

BTW, I really like Raúl López, since his Joventut times, he´s an excellent players, unfortunately the injuries don´t let him show his potential, still I wish him the best, even in a :yuck: team as Utah, but they also have :star:Arroyo!:star:

In the cup I´ll support Ivanovic´s Tau, if not Estu. BTW, which is that team in 4th place, ¿Barcelona? I think you are refering to some team called Wintherthur or something like that.:angel:

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
:doh:

But... do you imagine if we changed our name to "Euskadi", the giputxis would die of envy.:cool::D ....and Ansón would write 10 newspapers per day.:eek:

·
40,147 Posts
Txupa said:
:doh:

But... do you imagine if we changed our name to "Euskadi", the giputxis would die of envy.:cool::D ....and Ansón would write 10 newspapers per day.:eek:
Yeah... a couple of days ago, I saw a clip in Canal+'s Zapping of ETB's "Vaya Semanita". What would happen if the Basque problem were solved? La Razon would only become a personal contact ads tabloid. :D

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Koeman4 said:
Actually we like Pau Gasol, Memphis is a shit team and he won't win anything there, too sad, because he's good enough to play in a better team. He earns a lot of money there, but I'm sure that he's sick of playing there. He was raised in Barça's youth system and, as in football, there you learn to win.

There's another Spanish player there, Raül López, who is Catalan and played in Joventut Badalona and Real Madrid, but he's not that good.
Hey! Memphis is not a shit team, actually they have improved a lot in the last years. Their last season was good, specially if you consider that they play in a tough conference. Of course, they're not among the best, but they're not among the worst neither.

About Raül, I think he's a good player, but IMO there are 3 or 4 Spanish players that are better and would do a good job in the NBA (Navarro, Rudy Fernández or Reyes).

Personally, I don't care about NBA. Since I don't support any team, the matches become quite boring to me. The game is more spectacular than in Europe, but too physical for me. In Europe there is good basketball too... since the US is very big, I wonder what would happen in match between the best Americans vs the best Europeans.
I think Maccabi could win vs. most of the NBA teams, but the overall level of the NBA is much higher than European basketball (though the difference is smaller now than before). Anyways, I appreciate European basketball more.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Gasol:

GRIZZLIES 99-80 ROCKETS

14 points and 9 rebounds. This is the 9th win in the last 10 games for the Memphis Grizzlies :star:

Raül:

LAKERS 94-102 JAZZ

7 points, 9 assists :thmbup:

·
40,147 Posts
Setzer said:
Hey! Memphis is not a shit team, actually they have improved a lot in the last years. Their last season was good, specially if you consider that they play in a tough conference. Of course, they're not among the best, but they're not among the worst neither.

About Raül, I think he's a good player, but IMO there are 3 or 4 Spanish players that are better and would do a good job in the NBA (Navarro, Rudy Fernández or Reyes).
Yes, perhaps I was too harsh saying "shit team", what I wanted to say is that Memphis is a middle class team and they'll always be. Gasol won't win anything there. Maybe I would be more interested in them, if he had any chance to do anything. But now they're playing the long and boring regular season and they'll lose in the first matches of the play-off.

I agree about Raül.

I think Maccabi could win vs. most of the NBA teams, but the overall level of the NBA is much higher than European basketball (though the difference is smaller now than before).
Yes, the overall level of the NBA players is higher without a doubt, but IMO the European top 10 players could be as good or better than the American top 10 players. Maybe weaker physically, but tactically and techincally superior without a doubt.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Koeman4 said:
Yes, the overall level of the NBA players is higher without a doubt, but IMO the European top 10 players could be as good or better than the American top 10 players. Maybe weaker physically, but tactically and techincally superior without a doubt.
Okay then, I though you were talking about the best teams, not best players. In that case I agree: Nowitzki, Gasol, Stojakovic, Jasikevicius, Macijauskas... together can beat any team.

·
40,147 Posts
Copa del Rey draw

Real Madrid vs Estudiantes
TAU vs Gran Canaria

FC Barcelona vs Pamesa Valencia
Etosa Alicante vs Unicaja Malaga

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #20