Xtratime Community banner

22821 - 22840 of 22843 Posts

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
At least our papist brothers know it.

ciROnZEPVjk
:( doesnt work?

A devil was sent back to hell yesterday in south africa. 25k Serbs down there, hopefully our government helps them when the shit hits the fan. Any word on boris the bullet dodger?

·
Registered
13,414 Posts
Mir Boziji, Hristos Vaskrse

·
Registered
11,680 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Feel like this once great thread is dead.

I thought I'd bring it back to life by bringing up an interesting topic.

What's up with all the foreign investment in Serbia?

There's billions of dollars being poured in from all fronts around the world. From Russia to China to Arab investors, and even Sweden/Switzerland (lol).

It was just announced that the multi-billion dollar high speed train from Budapest to Belgrade has commenced.
China is also investing billions to build new highways connecting Serbia to Montenegro and other places.
Obviously Arabs investing in the waterfront.
Sweden investing in energy projects.
Switzerland investing in transportation as well.
Russia in culture and nature.

But it doesn't stop there. Recently, there has been a lot of news articles from England, Holland, Germany and USA stating that Serbia is the new hotspot to visit. They've never done this before.
It seems to me that the world is investing a lot of money into Serbia for a reason. Is it for geo-political advantage for China? I'm sure but there's something more to it as EU nations are investing a lot of money as well. Germany and Sweden seem heavily invested.

Either way, it's been a set design. They are trying to make Serbia the new tech capital of Europe like they tried with Ukraine. Cheap labor. Extremely intelligent people. Loyal to a fault. They've been pushing Serbian kids into web development for years now. Almost everyone I know over there is dabbling in it.
Anything else doesn't make sense. Why else would they be opening up tens of thousands of new office spaces and "Tesla City" unless foreigners were planning on moving their businesses to Serbia and using us as a "tax haven" under the table place like Google and other companies have done with Ireland. Of course, business brings new jobs which promotes tourism and boosts the economy. Serbia has a great nightlife since the beginning of time. We have great food. Great hospitality. But they're also making sure to segregate Serbian people living in Belgrade with the new "business" projects by creating a new "business" airport that has a direct and protected path straight to the waterfront.

I think this was a move of desperation from Serbia. They were losing all their bright and talented kids to foreign countries. The economy continues to plummet. Birth : Death ratio one of the worst in Europe. They sold the country to foreign investors and are now low-key separating themselves from Russia's economic death grip. As nationalism continues to die and cultural identity is becoming a thing of the past, I don't think it was the worst move from Serbia. Provide more jobs and higher quality of life for Serbians.

Anyhow, I've been contemplating in investing some money over there. Have a family friend that just opened up a new restaurant and he's kind of that guy that has always been at the right place at the right time with his investments. A visionary you could say, lol. It's not just one or two countries investing in Serbia. It seems to be that almost every country is intersted in a piece of Serbia.

I'm also going to take a shot in the dark here and say Partizan/Zvezda will be forced to sell their clubs to Chinese/Arab investors.
If foreigners are investing so much of their money into Serbia, they will want to change the identity as well. Micro-corruption and hooliganism will be a thing of the past.

Last, I want to mention that it's no coincidence there's this whole movement from Ex-Yugo countries trying to "unite the brothers" by media propagation. I've never seen so much Serbia-Croatia bromance before in the media. It's all part of fixing the "image" in the war-torn balkans.

I'm genuinely curious how all this develops. I think diaspora like us here at XT have the biggest opportunity to get a nice return on investment. It will probably be a full decade until all that money comes pouring back in but the most patient ones get the best reward.
I'm contemplating on moving one of my businesses to Serbia as well. Wouldn't mind traveling back and forth between Serbia/USA :D

If anyone else has any "insider info" on this would love to hear it.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
A day of starting this up --

https://www.gofundme.com/andic-family

I hate that we have to do this...but love that there's far reaching care and concern.

Sava was a hilarious, caring, big man.

Sava Andic
November 20, 2018
Vjecnaja Pamjat

·
Registered
11,680 Posts

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
Last, I want to mention that it's no coincidence there's this whole movement from Ex-Yugo countries trying to "unite the brothers" by media propagation. I've never seen so much Serbia-Croatia bromance before in the media. It's all part of fixing the "image" in the war-torn balkans.

I'm genuinely curious how all this develops. I think diaspora like us here at XT have the biggest opportunity to get a nice return on investment. It will probably be a full decade until all that money comes pouring back in but the most patient ones get the best reward.
I'm contemplating on moving one of my businesses to Serbia as well. Wouldn't mind traveling back and forth between Serbia/USA :D

If anyone else has any "insider info" on this would love to hear it.

We (especially in the diaspora) beating our chests and blaming everyone but ourselves hasn’t helped with the quality of life of the poor souls that live there.

The majority of people from both sides, especially the younger generation couldn’t give a shit about the past nor should they. Nothing wrong with respecting our neighbours and trying to find common ground.

The sooner they all realise this the better.

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
Happy new year!!

·
Registered
13,414 Posts
Mir boziji, Hristos se rodi

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
Vaistinu se rodi!

·
Registered
13,414 Posts
Dragić: Slovenac sam pravoslavne vere, želim mir i radost svima

Košarkaš Majamija Goran Dragić proslavio je Božić u krugu porodice, a preko društvenih mreža pohvalio se trpezom i poželeo svim vernicima srećan praznik.

Photo by Sarah Stier/Getty Images

Ipak, čak i na današnji dan je bilo onih koji su želeli da ga isprovociraju, ali Dragić im je u pozitivnom hrišćanskom duhu ponudio odgovor.

Na pitanje jednog korisnika Tvitera kako kao Slovenac slavi pravoslavni Božić, Dragić je odgovorio na najbolji mogući način.

"Slovenac sam pravoslavne vere. Na današnji praznik želim ti mir u duši i radost u srcu", napisao je Dragić korisniku Tvitera koji ga je pitao da li je Slovenac.

Poznato je da je Dragićev otac Srbin a majka Slovenka. U 2018. godine je poneo i Orden Njegoša prvog reda kojim je odlikovan od strane predsednika Republike Srpske.

Goran Dragić

@Goran_Dragic
МИР БОЖИЈИ,
ХРИСТОС СЕ РОДИ!

2:58 AM - Jan 8, 2019
228 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy

Goran Dragić

@Goran_Dragic
Sem Slovenec , pravoslavne vere. Na današnji praznik ti želim, mir v duši in radost v srcu.

Reno
@reno_968
Replying to @Goran_Dragic
A si ti slovenec??

https://www.b92.net/sport/kosarka/nba.php?yyyy=2019&mm=01&dd=07&nav_id=1490314

·
Zeko lopove...
7,464 Posts
Just a shame he chose Slovenia. With him and Doncic in our arsenal we could have a good fight against the Americans. Imagine Teodosic, Dragic, Bogdanovic, Doncic, Jokic, Bjelica, Marjanovic, Guduric, Jovic, Kalinic, Nedovic... but still, respect to his culture.

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
Can anyone tell me what these protests in Serbia are about? I see Tadic at them so its pretty safe to assume its a George Soros funded protest? How many hours are they?

·
Registered
13,414 Posts
Republika Srpska. Bosnian Serbs’ unindependent State, stuck in Western-imposed limbo

1BeT08bVWWU

·
Registered
13,414 Posts
Mir Boziji, Hristos vaskrse

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
Just watched a movie on Netflix called "Extinction" which was filmed in Serbia. Couldn't even tell as it was set sometime in the near future and no graffiti lol

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
Happy new year 😊

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
Hristos se rodi , srecan Bozic 😊

·
Registered
40,649 Posts
Sup my North American brothers? I'll be in the US and Canada in June. A couple of days in TO to be exact. Maybe we can meet up?

22821 - 22840 of 22843 Posts