Xtratime Community banner

22801 - 22820 of 22843 Posts

·
Zeko lopove...
7,464 Posts
I'd ask about dz and cliff... I'm not affected here in Northern California. Thanks RB.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I'm fine. The fires haven't gone too far down south yet. North San Diego is in flames and my friend had to evacuate, but I live in the center of the county. Looks like the fire is relatively contained, too, so there aren't too many worries about it spreading down south...knock on wood.

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
I'd ask about dz and cliff... I'm not affected here in Northern California. Thanks RB.
I'm fine. The fires haven't gone too far down south yet. North San Diego is in flames and my friend had to evacuate, but I live in the center of the county. Looks like the fire is relatively contained, too, so there aren't too many worries about it spreading down south...knock on wood.
Ok glad to hear you guys are ok, just waiting on DZ now. Welcome back btw

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Ok glad to hear you guys are ok, just waiting on DZ now. Welcome back btw
Sorry, been really busy the last few weeks. Not affected directly by the fires. I mean you can smell that the air quality isn't all that great so obviously not good for the lungs but luckily nothing more than that. We've had a lot of fires this year in California. Some really bad ones. High temperatures and strong winds being the culprits, sadly. Need to go back to step one and improve fire safety education programs.

·
Registered
44,358 Posts
He had probably worked hard on telling an "awesome story" about it too :D

·
Registered
44,358 Posts
It's just a theatrical way to get attention.

There is no thread where we can talk about politics, weird. I was curious about diaspora's opinion.
If you had signed up at XT before 2013 you probably would've left the place because of all "diaspora opinions" :D

Modding the forums was a freaking full time job..:D

·
Registered
147 Posts
I just want to say the BBC is dishonest when it says she was part of the Bosnian Croat forces: she was from Rijeka (a Croatian Muslim) and was with the Croatian army, which occupied BiH (40,000 strong), throughout the war. Ethnic Serbs were rounded up and put in torture camps AT THE VERY START OF THE WAR. Croatia was never sanctioned for this:

Bosnia war crimes: Former female fighter Azra Bašić gets 14 years

A court in Bosnia has sentenced a woman known as "the mistress of life and death" to 14 years in prison for war crimes committed in the 1990s.

Azra Bašić was found guilty of crimes during the Balkan war, including the torture of ethnic-Serb civilians.

The judge said Bašić was responsible for "particular cruelty" towards those detained by Bosnian-Croat forces.

Her sentence is the most severe to be handed to a woman for atrocities committed during the Bosnian conflict.

Bašić, a 58-year-old former member of the Bosnian-Croat forces, is said to have participated in the torture of ethnic-Serb civilians.

Witnesses said she carved crosses into prisoners' foreheads, forced one man to drink petrol before setting fire to his hands and face, and forced others to crawl naked across broken glass.

The most serious of her offences was the murder of a restrained prisoner whom she stabbed in the neck, the judge at the Bosnian court said.

Bašić had been living in the US under an alias for almost 20 years before her arrest in 2011. Friends there said she was "big-hearted" and "a very nice lady".

On Wednesday, she was found guilty of war crimes against ethnic-Serb civilians detained by Croat forces in April 1992 in and around the northern town of Derventa...

·
Registered
44,358 Posts
Happy New Year, guys! :worship:

·
Registered
147 Posts
SERBS COVER 2018 FIFA WORLD CUP IN MOSCOW – LITERALLY

...Namely, the material used to build the roof and VIP section at Moscow’s reconstructed Luzhniki Stadium came from Serbia – from the Impol-Seval aluminum producer in the town of Sevojno.

The stunning stadium will host the opening game of the tournament on June 14, when Russia squares off against Saudi Arabia, the newspaper continued. The chief architect in charge of the venue’s reconstruction, Sergei Tchoban, said he picked Serbia-made aluminum because it was of better quality than that offered by Impol-Seval’s competition from Russia and Western Europe.

The Serbian manufacturer has delivered around 280 tons of premium quality aluminum. The manner in which Impol-Seval fulfilled the contract drew praise from investors and architects, while its “unassuming” representative in Moscow, Milos Popovic, expects the deal to recommend the company for future jobs, Vecernje Novosti writes.

Aluminum made in Sevojno was also used at the VTB Arena Stadium in Moscow, the Dynamo Minsk Stadium in Belarus, and international airports in the Russian towns of Rostov, Volgograd, Perm, as well as Moscow’s Domodedovo.

Serbia’s construction sector was also involved in building new hotels for the World Cup, and in reconstructing about a dozen stations of the Moscow Metro.

----------

^That's all good news. It's nice to hear that Serbia is producing higher quality than Western Europe. And hopefully all this construction work is legal and the Serbs will be properly paid, unlike for Sochi when suspect companies hired Serbs from Serbia and BiH and worked them like slaves only to leave them unpaid.
Belgrade really could use a metro system, but I guess there's never enough substantial financing in Serbia for Serbian infrastructure.

·
Registered
147 Posts
BELGRADE: MONTENEGRIN CRIME CLAN MEMBER GUNNED DOWN

A 41-year-old Montenegrin citizen has been killed with multiple shots from firearms while in his vehicle in central Belgrade’s Internacionalnih Brigada St.

According to the report, the victim was linked to a Montenegrin crime group known as the Kavac (Kavacki) Clan, while the initial results of the investigation point to this being yet another "showdown among Montenegrin criminal clans.”

Serbian Police Director Vladimir Rebic stated on Tuesday that the victim was “known to both Montenegrin and Serbian police” and that “everything indicates this is a clash between criminal groups.”

“There have been connected cases in the past when it comes to clashes between criminal groups in the region, but one should stress that the number of murders in Serbia went down 30 percent last year,” Rebic said, according to Beta.

N1 is reporting that showdowns between two major crime gangs from Montenegro, Skaljar (Skaljarski) and Kavac clans, are often taking place in Serbia. The once united Kotor Clan split up after 250 kilograms of cocaine went missing in Spain, and their subsequent conflicts spilled over to the streets of Belgrade, and on occasion other towns in this country.

The broadcaster also quoted Rebic as saying in late 2016 that “the Montenegrin clan” was “the most dangerous and the strongest in the region.”

--------------

Why does Serbia permit the Montenegro mafia to run around and carry out their feuds and shootings in Serbia?
It says that the victim was known to the Serbian and Montenegrin police, so why not arrest or deport him? I think Montenegrin citizens who are mafia should be sent back there.

·
Registered
13,414 Posts
Mir Boziji, Hristos se rodi

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
Discovery channel has a show about Nikola Tesla where they are trying to find blue prints about his death ray. They talk about his history and will be going to Serbia to investigate his inventions. Sunday nights 8pm Toronto time.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
At least our papist brothers know it.

ciROnZEPVjk

22801 - 22820 of 22843 Posts