Xtratime Community banner

22781 - 22800 of 22843 Posts

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
What ever happened to this place i remember when i joined back in 09 this place was so busy some of the the convo's we're hilarious, one that ill never forget is DZ's lance story's lol
http://www.xtratime.org/forum/44-serbian-football/136786-ot-serbian-cafe-409.html

Where are these great posters now days ?
Mare
RSF
Fleka
Mrkela
Vuc
Slobo
Alekso
Ziks
SerbianPatriot
etc

Also what happened Zoric, you along with Krle are still the best poster's we have imo but back in 09 you we're on another planet the 'Serbian players around the world' thread was ridiculous, Zoric's preview and then performance analysis on every Serbian player in Europe week in week out would put any scout to shame, there used to be even video analysis it was great.

I was in high school back then i remember coming home and reading certain threads for hours without even posting..... was 09-10 the golden years on this forum ?? great posters like Serb, Red bandit and Ljuba Magas i see still are posting but not as often.

Anyway i guess nothing last for ever as i got older i also stopped posting but hopefully now that we've qualified for a world cup more guys come back and more new guys join.

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
Thanks man, but the reason I'm still here is because there are many great posters here, despite a lot of them leaving over the years. Good to have you back and we can only hope the WC birth bring a couple more back in the upcoming months.

XT as a whole is dying though, so it's actually pretty amazing how our forum is still going (relatively) strong. Shows the loyalty and passion we have here and we can be proud of that. :thumbsup:

PS Zoki has indeed been slacking lately. Clearly some woman has put her magic spell on him. :D

·
Registered
11,687 Posts
PS Zoki has indeed been slacking lately. Clearly some woman has put her magic spell on him. :D
Woman? Looks like you forgot about the Diego Simeone hand job in a car photo :howler:

But yea xt has been dying, after italy was eliminated I went looking for all the italian memes and couldn't find any :(

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Forums are in general.

Everything is moving to social media.

·
Ne oprastam
12,643 Posts
Dule is right, forums are dying as a whole due to the rise of Twitter and Instagram. When we were kids and started to get interested about our football the first thing we searched for in the early to mid 2000s were discussion forums. Nowadays the first thing kids search for is Twitter accounts, and you will see that our NT has a huge following on Twitter, particularly with the diaspora.

People also get older and get more responsibilities that cause them to lose interest in football. I remember years ago we made a similar post wondering were forum legends like Andrix, ABC7, Ben Akiba, Komik, PV, Nibble and Monte went. There's always cycles.

This place will always be legendary though, nothing can ever replace the times we've had on here. DZ vs Lance, RB vs Vuc photoshop wars, RSF creaming his jocks, Krle trolling Cromos, Slobo the psycho Serb., Serbsta ****ing trannys, Alekso the metrosexual homosexual, Boris vs Mrkela, Naums epic meltdown. Memories to last a lifetime :proud: truly one of the best online communities ever.

·
Registered
11,687 Posts
:facepalm: it wasnt a Photoshop war it was an MS PAINT severe beat down.

Twitter is pointless. I prefer forums but this one is so frustrating on an android phone using chrome. I type and the words get erased. I prefer the classic blue grey layout and not the new versions.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Thanks man, but the reason I'm still here is because there are many great posters here, despite a lot of them leaving over the years. Good to have you back and we can only hope the WC birth bring a couple more back in the upcoming months.

XT as a whole is dying though, so it's actually pretty amazing how our forum is still going (relatively) strong. Shows the loyalty and passion we have here and we can be proud of that. :thumbsup:

Yeah of course it's still a decent forum for sure, with some great old and new posters.

:D:D:D Zoric wouldn't be the first, when it comes to us Serbs women sure seem to be our kryptonite.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
:facepalm: it wasnt a Photoshop war it was an MS PAINT severe beat down.

Twitter is pointless. I prefer forums but this one is so frustrating on an android phone using chrome. I type and the words get erased. I prefer the classic blue grey layout and not the new versions.
Agree, I've never used twitter. Maybe it's cause i'm in Australia though, twitter never really took off here.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
There’s a Serbian Footy account that has over 10k followers...I still have my suspicions that it’s someone from here who runs it. :D

There’s quite a few Serbian journalists who will also get into discussions on there as well as many Serbian based people as well. So variety of opinions etc is greater and the level of discussion can be high.

I only really have a Twitter account in order to discuss sport.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
That’s a Man Utd one isn’t it?

The only other one I visit but don’t post are RSB Forum & B92...the latter sometimes makes me want to vomit though...

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
:D:D:D Zoric wouldn't be the first, when it comes to us Serbs women sure seem to be our kryptonite.
The latest version contains a patch that erases these possibilities. Women evolve faster than men though so the developers are looking into future issues as well :D

I don't like Facebook for discussing but one still forms part of certain groups because others have either moved there or are simply on there. Twitter is excellent for information and by far the best outlet for this. Another reason why regular people use Twitter more is because they can engage with the one's who're constantly on the field or even the performers themselves; everything from other fans to journalist (probably the biggest and most narcissistic retards on the planet, especially the English) but also players, coaches etc. Never found that particularly interesting though. I don't really care what they do on their spare time unless they indicate some sort of personality and 99,9% of the time they only post pics of themselves from a game with the same generic text: "oh great game, let's move on to the next". . I've been to plenty of games as part of the press as well, seen the Messi's and Ronaldo's in person too. It's not that interesting unless you're easily star struck but in the end they're human beings too. Normal, just like us, but with more privileges because we're retarded enough to pay their wages :D

Forums are still the best by a long distance in my opinion. The only problem is that kids and the one's who grew up in the past 6-8 years (like you mentioned for an example) or are growing up right now aren't into reading. The vast majority don't read more than 140 characters at a time, look at their phone 80% of the day and watch retarded stuff on YouTube instead of learning something new. Not sure how the evolution is in other countries but the journalistic content in Sweden is 90% videos these days. Fine with me..but the problem is that 99% of the content is rubbish.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
I was reading an article yesterday about how esports are becoming bigger with kids than actual sports.

Why the f would you want to watch someone play video games? I used to hate waiting around for my turn on PES or FIFA when there was a group of us playing.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
:howler:

It's estimated that it'll be bigger than actual sports in 10 years. Don't ask me if that's true but they seem to think so. That's why athletes these days invest in ESports. It sounds so retarded but it'll probably be big. Just watch, it'll be a really huge thing (and already is really).

But anyway, it'd be sad to see if people just left because the forums are dying.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
The latest version contains a patch that erases these possibilities. Women evolve faster than men though so the developers are looking into future issues as well :D

I don't like Facebook for discussing but one still forms part of certain groups because others have either moved there or are simply on there. Twitter is excellent for information and by far the best outlet for this. Another reason why regular people use Twitter more is because they can engage with the one's who're constantly on the field or even the performers themselves; everything from other fans to journalist (probably the biggest and most narcissistic retards on the planet, especially the English) but also players, coaches etc. Never found that particularly interesting though. I don't really care what they do on their spare time unless they indicate some sort of personality and 99,9% of the time they only post pics of themselves from a game with the same generic text: "oh great game, let's move on to the next". . I've been to plenty of games as part of the press as well, seen the Messi's and Ronaldo's in person too. It's not that interesting unless you're easily star struck but in the end they're human beings too. Normal, just like us, but with more privileges because we're retarded enough to pay their wages :D

Forums are still the best by a long distance in my opinion. The only problem is that kids and the one's who grew up in the past 6-8 years (like you mentioned for an example) or are growing up right now aren't into reading. The vast majority don't read more than 140 characters at a time, look at their phone 80% of the day and watch retarded stuff on YouTube instead of learning something new. Not sure how the evolution is in other countries but the journalistic content in Sweden is 90% videos these days. Fine with me..but the problem is that 99% of the content is rubbish.
:howler: We might have to install some type of anti virus too.... lol

Year i prefer forums over any other platform.

·
Registered
147 Posts
BBC lied (no doubt deliberately) about last week's U21 game with Austria. BBC reported that Serbia lost 0-8 instead of winning 3-1. The BBC has been lying about Serbs and Serbia since WWII at least. The BBC's slant is always a clue about the government and official agenda of Britain.

BBC scores own goal with fake news that Serbia’s U21s lost 8-0 against Austria

Last Friday 10 November, Serbia played Austria for the UEFA Euro U21’s in Vienna. The score, as reported by UEFA, was a rather impressive 3-1 to Serbia.
However, snatching humiliating loss from the jaws of victory, the BBC reports that Serbia lost the match 8-0 ! ...

·
Registered
11,687 Posts
Any word from marakana11 dz and cliff burton? A lot of California is on fire and havent seen them on these few days

22781 - 22800 of 22843 Posts