Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rugby Union is a popular sport in Ireland, so I was wondering if any of you follow it. When I saw the stadium poll, I saw Landsdowne Road, and it popped up into my head when Australia beat Ireland there at the World Cup.

All you Irish were going on about that we weren't good enough, you would win easily, but then we caned you 23-3, and went on to win the World Cup :cool:

Thanks for reminding me of such a great moment :D

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Who reckoned we were going to beat Australia, some random drunk you met propping up a lamp-post? ;)

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I played the game for the years I was in school. Love the aul game and the craic around it. Dont remember the Aussies being to cocky when we were beating them with a couple of minutes to go in 91 in the quarter final.

Also dont remember anybody being cocky about beating the Wallabies last time either. The only cocky ones were me aussie mates. Anyway we'll see in autumn when the Wallabies are in Lansdowne.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
I played Union for a while then went back to soccer. My whole family supports the Union over here, I'm the out-cast.:tongue:

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dubh-ban said:
Who reckoned we were going to beat Australia, some random drunk you met propping up a lamp-post? ;)
You gotta be joking me right? It was all over TV. They were interviewing people in the streets and they said it.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Yeah they were. KI is right, but we said it aswell...:tongue:

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Do youse want a match this weekend then, we've Saturday off and raring to go ;)

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
No worries!!! Let's go!:howler:

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Twickener Sickener

Oh dear, oh dear, that wasn't much fun now, was it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts