Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
69,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger of Germany is the new Pope and he will be called Benedict XVI. He is the first German Pope since the 11th century.
:thumbsup:

·
International
8,545 Posts
He's pretty old, looks like they didn't want to elect a Pope that would be around for too long a time.

It's gonna take some time to get used to saying Pope Benedict instead of John Paul.

·
International
8,545 Posts
I'm a bit concerned personally. Apparently he's conservative and I don't think that's what the church needs today. It's losing Latin America because it doesn't seem to be in touch with today's reality.

Not that I necessarily believe in it, but isn't this supposed to be the second last Pope according to Nostradamus? And isn't his time as Pope supposed to be short?

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Yes you are correct ivo. i dont mean to cause any trouble and maybe i shouldnt even say this but ive heard rumblings from my catholic friends that he used to be a nazi.

·
International
8,545 Posts
I've heard he was and I've heard he wasn't. Unless people show some proof they really should keep quiet.

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
hrvatski kralj said:
Yes you are correct ivo. i dont mean to cause any trouble and maybe i shouldnt even say this but ive heard rumblings from my catholic friends that he used to be a nazi.

He was in the Hitler youth. He was conscripted as were most boys in Germany during that time. His father was an adamant anti-Nazi.

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
Not that I necessarily believe in it, but isn't this supposed to be the second last Pope according to Nostradamus? And isn't his time as Pope supposed to be short?
If we listen to Nostradamus then the world should have been over by now :dontcare:

·
International
8,545 Posts
Not necessarily, we could misinterpret things and timelines, or he could have things right but timelines wrong. It would be good of you if you could provide a full translation of his writings. I'll wait :hopefull:

:tongue:

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
Yes of course remember he did predict 9/11 according to some of the tabloids he said that two metal birds would hit the two tall brothers in the sky :lala: :scared:

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
nostradamus and his "predictions" are an incredible waste of time, and equally astounding that such myths have survived.

Good luck to the Pope for the duration of his pontificate.

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
ambis, you were misinformed. That was a hoax e-mail making rounds on the net, there was never any such prediction by Nostradamus in any of his poems.

Of nostradumus' 1,000+ "predictions", none have come true. Not one.

Some may have been interpreted as being accurate, but only with the luxury of hindsight and a retrospective stance by hard-core "believers".

·
Registered
69,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
about the nazi thing...when he was 14 like all young boys his age in Germany were forced in the Hitler Youth but he was not a believer in the Nazi party.

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
Great post Ero.

And Long Live Pope Benedict XVI!!!

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
thanks ljubo :)

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
croatian batman said:
He was in the Hitler youth. He was conscripted as were most boys in Germany during that time. His father was an adamant anti-Nazi.
Not most, all. If you were non-Jewish and not part of the Hitler Youth you were shot.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts