Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
69,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.euro2008.uefa.com/fanzone/btwh/index.html

Pick the slogans for each of the 16 teams in Euro 2008, which will go on the official team bus. But boy, looking at some of these slogans :rollani: the most childish and politically correct shit I have ever seen. From some of these slogans it seems that fair play is more important than actually winning the tournament:

"We just want to play…" [oh really?!]
"Because only sport and good fun counts!" [oh of course! let's not even keep score!]
"Russia will defeat you in fair play! The Trophy will be attained and seized away from you!" [who thought of this one? seize the fair play? yeah because they can't win an actual game!]
"Hey you Russians! Go! Go! Go! You are the best in the world!" [this would fit Serbia's self-believe very well]

though I must be honest, I found this one slightly funny :D
"Our Swiss watch says: It's time to win"

Anyway, you can actually vote for the slogans, and by looking at it, there is no winner for Russia, they will embarass themselves with whatever they choose

Here is Croatia's design and their possible slogans:

-ZAJEDNO S VATRENIMA U DOBRU I ZLU
(Together with passion for better and for worse)
- UZ NAVIJAČE DO KROVA EUROPE
(With the fans to the top of Europe)
- SRCE VATRENO KUCA ZA FINALE
(Passionate heart beats for the finals)

All these are corny and cheesy, why not a simple "Za Dom Spremni" or "U boj, U boj, za narod svoj" or even "tko ne skace, pravoslavac hej hej hej" :D
If I had to choose, it would be the second option, as it is the truth, and I feel the fans will be the one bright spot for Croatia this summer :hopeful:

·
Registered
57,843 Posts
I liked Austria's one with "land of mountains, land of goals" actually a variation of the national anthem "land of mountains, land by the river", however I think it refers to the mountains of goals they will concede there :D

·
Registered
7,838 Posts
How can we consider this to be serious poll when there is no "Russia owns, you suck!" option?

Anyway.. all of those gay-emo-whatever slogans suck. Combine them together and u get Eurovision song.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Italy : The sky is always bluer <What does this even mean?

How can these be taken seriously?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
"I mi bi jebali"

·
Registered
69,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how about:
"Ante Rukavina IS NOT on this bus!"

as we don't want to bus to be crowded with all his adoring fans and we don't want Orkan disturbing the team before their loss to Austria :pp

the problem with these slogans is not only are they cheesy, but the rhyme in English but sound awful in the native languages :D

·
Registered
57,843 Posts
lose against Austria? that's impossible! even Madjarska won against them, easily......

bloody hell,

San Marino >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Austria

·
Registered
22,802 Posts

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
the translations are a disaster, especially the russian one is ridicolous. :wallbang:

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Just voted, the Russian ones look to long to fit on the side.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Thats not really funny, stereotyping a whole group of people as Mujahedins.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts