Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
Well it is almost D day. As many of you know, Peja will be taking part in the three point competition at the NBA All-Star Weekend on Saturday night (or early Sunday morning in Serbia/Sunday afternoon in Australia :D).. He is going for his third straight win, which would tie him with only two other NBA players that were able to accomplish this (one of them being a guy by the name of Larry Bird;))... The competition in this year's field suprisingly isn't nearly as strong as it was the last couple of years, so it should be easier for Peja to win his third straight NBA shooting crown.. He is the heavy favourite, so my only worry is that all this media hype he has been getting this season (and I mean HUGE hype.. with American announcers everyone calling him an MVP candidate) won't get to his head.. Time will tell I guess..

Napred Kraljevi! :)

·
Registered
40,649 Posts
Just imagine, a Zvezdas MVP of the NBA! :proud:

But no matter what he'll whipe the floor with those american %$%^& in the 3 point shoot-out, after all 3 is the Serbian way! :cool:

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Pedja has got to do it, imagine if he won this year and next? That would be amazing.

As for MVP, he's got to be a candidate but I doubt he will be. Just like he was over looked by the fans as a starter in the al star game, though thankfully fans don't choose the MVP

·
Registered
40,649 Posts
Dude, I have a poster in my room with Pedja Stojakovic on it in a Red Star shirt together with our most talented youngsters (Miljevic, Micov, Bogdanovic and Bjelica) and it says:

Pedja & Zvezdasi :proud:

Don't hate ;)

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
Don't worry, no Grobar has problems with the fact that Pedja is a zvezdas...I mean you have the right to ONE world famous basketball player :tongue: :D

·
Premium Member
27,245 Posts
Actually, didn't Divac play for Zvezda? :D

And Sasa Djordjevic in the juniors? :)

Dejan Tomasevic? Igor Rakocevic?

Vladimir Radmanovic?

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
Rakocevic I'll give ya, but he is nowhere near Stojakovic. Divac played a few games for you just to prevent your from totally embarassing our country in the Euroleague (and later said it was his worst mistake), there can be no doubt that both he and Djordjevic are true Partizan legends. If we're talking about juniors already, then we should also say Radmanovic played for Partizan at that level. Tomasevic, well, we now for which team he played when he got his fame.

So, that leaves Rakocevic. And he ain't exactly world-famous. So, as I said, ONE player. :D

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Stojakovic played for Red Star when he was around 16, was called an "anti-talent" (how ironic) by your club, released and left to Greece (Paok) as a teen where he developed his game... Thats as much connection he has had with Red Star.. As for him being a big delija, again I doubt that.. In a Tempo magazine last year, in an interview when asked who he follows he said that our league does not interest him very much, that he doesn't know anything about it and that he does not have any real favourites.. A topic about this statement was started at cigani.net forums.. If you think I'm making things up, then so be it, its the truth, and thats the bottom line 'cause PV said so. ;)

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
Dah, after coming in 1st in the first round he messed up in the 2nd...goddamnit :(

·
Registered
40,649 Posts
Have to agree with PV for once, he choked but still Pedja is having a terrific season so far and as long as he keeps that form all the way to the Olympics, I'll be glad.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I agree with both of you, but he is that type somehow, he can't do what is expected from a leader for the plavi, like for instance Djordjevic or Bodiroga, and the same thing can happen inthe NBA, but then again, he won 2 in-a-row, so there is potential.
Conclusion, he is very good at beeing the leader's right hand, but this season without Webber, he has showed what he is capable of, and he'll get more and more used to beeing the star of a very good team

1 - 18 of 18 Posts