Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Second Place Winner February Photo Contest
2,631 Posts
Yeah, I know what you're saying. Fantastic move by the Kings. They got 3 decent players (Brian Skinner, Kenny Thomas and Corliss Williamson) and more importantly they got rid of the 2nd most overpaid player NBA has ever seen (D. Mutombo easy winner in this category). Can't believe Sixers are so dumb, but "ovce su za šišanje"...

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
Great news!

But now the pressure on Pedja will increase as well. Hopefully he will deliver, also in clutch moments. :strong:

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
Any trade to get rid of Webber is a good trade, even if they had traded him for clones of Pedja...but yes, who's the leader now? Cause Pedja ain't for sure.

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
The only good thing out of this trade is that Peja will stay on the Kings and be da man other then that its a horrible trade they could have at least got something more from another team i mean when you look at the trade its a clear salary dump, oh well maybe they will sign someone next year with the money that Webber was making..

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
That was exactly the problem, nobody wanted to take on Webbers 62 million deal...it's not like the Kings are title-contenders this season, this gives them funds to use for next season as you say.

·
Registered
13,464 Posts
Andrija PFC said:
, who's the leader now? Cause Pedja ain't for sure.
Bibby

·
Registered
423 Posts
peja is the leader.......28pts in his 1st game back from injury.....wat more do u want

·
Registered
23,488 Posts
Nah, Peja isn't the leader.
It's now like a combined thing, Bibby - Peja - B.Miller
Not to mention that they got a guy like Mobley who can score with the best of them and a great presence off the bench when B.Jackson is healthy.
I actually think this trade with Phili for Webber wasn't bad, gives Sac-town more depth on their bench. Kenny Thomas is a role player along with Corliss and Skinner (who is a beast on the boards)
We probably won't be able to see what this trade could do for the team this year with all the injuries and adjustments that have to be made...
But look at it when they are healthy...

PG: Bibby
SG: Mobley
SF: Stojakovic
PF: Songaila
C: Miller

Bench:

PG: House
SG: B.Jackson
SF: Kenny Thomas
PF: Williamson
C: Skinner/Ostertag

·
Second Place Winner February Photo Contest
2,631 Posts
Kings have made good trades this year, but I still dont see them beating Spurs, Suns or Sonics in the playoffs, maybe not even Mavs..

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
The main problem at the minute and probably this season is that there are a lot of players that are new to the team and that means the team has to gel. Before the Kings had the same starting 5 for a long time and they knew each other and each other's game. At one point during the Miami game I think the guy said that the 5 players that were in the game weren't at the kings last season.
Pedja started hot but really then dwindled and ended with like 15 points.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts