Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Nasty Woman
22,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not one British medal yet?

Come on guys! You can do better than that.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
We have like two people entered, what were you expecting? :pp

·
Nasty Woman
22,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't get it at all. You British men are very good athletes. What happens? Do you just cease to function in the winter?

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Humbird said:
I don't get it at all. You British men are very good athletes. What happens? Do you just cease to function in the winter?
We don't exactly have mountains to ski on over here, Jocks maybe... but they're a bunch of jobless drunks. :D

It probably amounts to the fact that the winter olympics doesn't capture the imagination here. No one gives a toss. I mean figure skating, how the **** is that a 'sport'? I think we should have entered an ice hockey team though, I'd have liked to of watched us in that. Thats about it for my winter interest, curling is enough to make me want to stab things. :lala:

·
Nasty Woman
22,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Couldn't you invent some specialized British winter sports....I'm picturing red bus driving on ice? Frozen fish&chip throwing? Skating while not spilling your pint?

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
bobsleighing is fukin surreal as well isn't it? who thought that up?
Yeah, you'd only watch it in the hopes of a crash. I think most of these 'sports' are probably fun to do, but they are boring as hell to watch IMO.

Humbird - Football on icey mountain slope? We'd be awesome. In fact I trust in our ability to win so much that I am willing to only send a team of Beckham, Hargreaves, the Neville's, Crouch and Jenas. We don't need anyone more than those fine athletes.

·
Nasty Woman
22,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Marc said:
Humbird - Football on icey mountain slope? We'd be awesome. In fact I trust in our ability to win so much that I am willing to only send a team of Beckham, Hargreaves, the Neville's, Crouch and Jenas. We don't need anyone more than those fine athletes.
Great idea Marc! I'm picturing Beckham coming down the ski jump slope, and as he takes off, a soccer ball is launched into his path, which he must kick into a goal suspended above the landing zone.

But, within a year, the Finns will have overtaken the British in yet another obscure sport and we'll be right back at square one.

·
Nasty Woman
22,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Marc said:
Oops, I get it now. You don't want these men to survive, do you? :D

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Humbird - There MAY be some risk involved, certainly. :howler: :cool:

TGO - They were probably given five quid to run around reading ice rink for training. I didn't expect them to turn up, so thats a bonus. :thumbsup:

·
Nasty Woman
22,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm sensing that there isn't much of an Olympic "highlights" feature on your evening news? :(

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
I wouldn't watch the news if you paid me. Sensationalist crap with no balls to ask any tough questions. I imagine it gets airtime certainly.

·
Nasty Woman
22,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean = British.
Eddie the Eagle = British

That's all I could find.

:(

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
British track and field is crap too. I expect a few bronze medals in China and thats about it.

My take on the situation is that too much of the youth these days are untalented fat basards.

Atleast we have a decent football team, thats all that matters, im not missing any sleep at night knowing we are crap at figure skating.

·
Nasty Woman
22,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Breaking News! (courtesy of Bastin)

First UK medal at the 2006 'Olympics'. Shelley Rudman won silver in the women's skeleton.

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
So that's now

Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean = British
Eddie the Eagle = British
Shelley Rudman = British

The Norwegians aren't quaking in their ski boots just yet.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
The mens curling team looked too be doing alright...we're beating the Germans :D

The women are the reigning champs as well aren't they?

It amazes me that there's a "sport" that involves a brush :howler:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts