Xtratime Community banner

341 - 360 of 365 Posts

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
yeah it's pretty clear no team has a chance to beat USA if they don't hit threes with above-average %
Nah. They had their best game ever while Serbia didnt. Play a best of 7 and Serbia wins easily :proud:

·
Premium Member
27,245 Posts
The US are on another planet when it comes to basketball. Those few group games gave some hope, but when they focus, nobody can touch them. Scary to think this is not even their best squad...

The difference between Europe and the US it seems will only get bigger, now with superstars such as Gasol and Parker probably retiring and no European players of such caliber in sight.

Bogdanovic needs to improve quick smart...

·
Registered
13,414 Posts
obviously, a better showing in the final was preferable but silver still far exceeds anything i thought they would achieve at the Olympics

but the gulf between the US and the rest of the field as well as the development of other NTs meant that Djordjevic should not have been as quick to discard someone like Marjanovic as he was

·
Ne oprastam
12,643 Posts
Disappointing game, we panicked and stopped playing our game. Of course that's very hard to do when Durant is doing Durant things :D but I know we could put up a better fight than that. Bogdan was very disappointing, I thought he had turned the corner as a player this year but he clearly needs a lot more work. Has to improve his consistency in all aspects of the game, we need a shooting guard that we can depend on.

Amazing run by the boys, we have a good core and will hopefully keep adding to it and building a even stronger team.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Well done to all Serbian teams they've made us proud

·
Zeko lopove...
7,464 Posts
Well done by all of our athletes. They far exceeded what I expected! The reawakening of our team sports is what gives me the most pride as that is something we base our history and legacy on.

The only thing I wish to see when we come up against the United States is shooting consistency. I think the players go into panic mode when they see that USA shirt across from them and they think they have to do more than normal. Bogdanovic, who is a solid shooter, went 0 for 8 yesterday from behind the arc. That's unacceptable in any game, let alone the final.

I'd like to think with Bjelica and Bobi and a better performance by the others we can challenge a little more. But, overall, given what we had and players going down with injury I'm extremely happy. This is an incredible success which I don't think we'll appreciate until a year or two from now.

Also, props to Nikola Kalinic for calling the team out for the game last night. He called himself out as well and said we didn't show up. I don't mean it in a negative way. He just said he thought we could play a lot better and was disappointed in himself. I really like the honesty.

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
So what happens to Divac now? 2 golds 4 silvers and 2 bronze medals in this olympics with plenty of disappointing results with athletes that were apparently suppose to do well (tennis, shooting, swimming, taekwondo, shotput etc)

·
Ne oprastam
12,643 Posts
The only person that was supposed to win a medal and didn't is Novak. These were by far our most successful Olympics ever.

Vlade has done a good job as president, our athletes have gotten amazing results in recent years and you never hear any of them complain about a lack of support from OKS. Having said that though Divac is the GM of the Kings and most of his attention is focused there so he should deffinetly step down and let someone else that cares as much as he does take over.

·
Registered
13,414 Posts
Izjave vaterpolista posle osvajanja zlata

UhWzP9asfME

·
Registered
13,414 Posts
Izjave košarkaša Srbije posle dodele medalja

hxIsvL3xXMI

Izjave Zorana Terzića i Milene Rašić posle finala u Riju

UCrSCYWc2Sg

Izjave košarkašica posle osvojene bronzane medalje na Olimpijskim igrama

C7MK6BCKbXY

·
Registered
13,414 Posts
Kako smo osvajali medalje u Riju

FsMA7-8fG6g

·
Registered
147 Posts
So what happens to Divac now? 2 golds 4 silvers and 2 bronze medals in this olympics with plenty of disappointing results with athletes that were apparently suppose to do well (tennis, shooting, swimming, taekwondo, shotput etc)
Well his term expires next month. And I thought, back in March 2015 when he got the job with the Sacramento Kings and moved there, that he should have stepped down and the Serbian Olympic Presidency should be given to someone who actually resided in Serbia. His charity foundation in Serbia is busy helping all those migrants scamsters now in conjunction with USAID (CIA-connected meddler).

·
Registered
147 Posts
The only person that was supposed to win a medal and didn't is Novak. These were by far our most successful Olympics ever.
I didn't expect much from Novak at the Olympics as he has never had much success at it. Last Olympics he was medal-less too. In 2008, he got the bronze, which was about at his level then. So he tends to be an under-performer at the Olympics and Andy Murray will always have his gold Olympic medals bragging rights over Novak.

·
Premium Member
27,245 Posts
As long as those are the only bragging rights he has over Novak, all is well. :)

·
Registered
13,414 Posts
the Olympics in tennis is like a dessert... a sweet after thought but hardly nourishing

with everything else (head-to-head results, Grand Slams, Masters, World Tour Finals, weeks at no. 1 etc.), the lion's share goes to Nole

·
Registered
13,414 Posts

"Prvi deo moga sna je ostvaren u Taškentu, a drugi je medalja u Rio de Žaneiru. Imam dve godine za pripreme i učiniću sve da tamo odem maksimalno spreman. Ukoliko ljudi i dalje budu uz mene, kao i tokom ovih priprema, verujem da ću uspeti, pa se vidimo na balkonu i posle Rija."
- Davor Štefanek

·
Registered
27,244 Posts
Davor and waterpolo players are the only ones that should get a docek. You don't deserve one if you get pummeled by 30 points.

·
Registered
13,414 Posts
^a bit harsh

our great 90's basketball team lost in the final to the US by 26 points at the '96 Olympics

341 - 360 of 365 Posts