Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Things are dead here anyways.. This topic might jump-start things a little..

:eek:

http://uk.news.launch.yahoo.com/dyna/article.html?a=/040120/323/ejvzy.html&e=l_news_dm

Michael Jackson wore royal Serbian medal during hearing:
(Tuesday January 20, 2004 06:09 PM)

PRAGUE (AFP) - US pop star Michael Jackson was sporting a royal Serbian medal around his neck when he entered a not-guilty plea at his hearing on child molestation charges last week in California, a Czech historian said.

"It was the Order of the White Eagle which hung around his neck from a red and white ribbon," said Pavel Simunek, who specializes in honour badges at the Czech army's Historical Institute.

The order was created by King Milan I of Serbia in 1882.

"You could read the year 1882 on the back of the medal Jackson wore because he had it on backwards," the historian said.

It was unclear however if the 45-year-old singer's medal was an original or a copy.

I don't know what to even make of this. :D

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
Then again there as a theory that Arkan might still be alive. Notice how we never saw them together. A bit like Clark Kent and Superman.

:D

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
More to the point, wtf is he doing with the royal medal in the first place?

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
I am just plain confused by this....why? like why of all things...why ours? i'm sure its not just a coincidence...but here's an article to add to it...INTERESTING I MIGHT SAY!:)

http://www.ananova.com/entertainment/story/sm_858337.html

Serbian media is demanding Michael Jackson apologise for wearing one of the country's top honours for his court case - and for putting it on upside down.

There has been public outrage in the Balkan state since a historian revealed he had identified Jackson as wearing the Order of the White Eagle, which it is believed he bought in a second hand shop in America.

Miladin Markovic, Serbia's top expert on historical orders and medals and head of the National Numismatic Association, told Belgrade daily newspaper Blic: "It was degrading to see him wearing it on a day when he was at a court hearing in a paedophilia case."

The Order of the White Eagle was created by King Milan I of Serbia in 1883. But it is not clear whether Jackson was wearing a copy or an original medal.

Mr Markovic said: "In Serbian history the order has been given to people for brave behaviour on battlefields.

"As far as I know Michael Jackson bought it in a second hand shop in Las Vegas and I believe he doesn't know the meaning of the order. And not only that - but in the photo I saw he was wearing it upside down."

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
NZS said:
This is weird and wrong ;) :D
What is, banging little kids or wearing the medal upside down? :D ;)

Anyway, numbnuts probably thought the medal was "flashy" and would make him look more sophisticated...

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
That's crazy!

I also saw the Romanian communist emblem (the one we cut out from our flag) in a second-hand store here in Toronto...I was shocked and asked the guy why he's selling that....He just said that it's got "artistic merit"....what an idiot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts