Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Nice picture, but that bicycle isn't in good shape.
Taking the front wheel with you is a lot like the old days with the removable car radios- theft prevention.

Kat- pics where you are covered from neck to toe are not allowed. Please disrobe for future photographs.

·
Registered
15,378 Posts
Easier to not run a quick-release front skewer, put the lock through both wheels so it then passes through the frame too. Nice pic.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
I think the point is to make it harder to ride out with the bike if you cut the lock. Having said, save efforts that fold the bike into a wallet, there's little left to do to prevent a commited thief.

·
Registered
15,378 Posts
Yeah for sure, a bike without a front wheel is less practical and desireable, but if you put a bolt thru front axle instead of a quick release you're not having to carry a wheel around with you either. True that a commited thief will have your bike no matter what. No lock on the market is going to stop a thief with the right tools, and the vast majority of locks on the market are useless. I'd never consider leaving my bikes locked outside.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Yeah for sure, a bike without a front wheel is less practical and desireable, but if you put a bolt thru front axle instead of a quick release you're not having to carry a wheel around with you either.
True. I imagine carrying around a bike wheel around isn't exactly convenient...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts