Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Soldier of Fortune
307 Posts
The sad fact is that many people will treat ALL the names as the names of spies :( And there are not only spies, but also their victims.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Wildstein claims he made a copy of this list only to share with his colleagues and that his intentions are honest. I'm not buying that.

I mean, this list has always been available in IPN for every journalist who wanted to make any use of it. Taking it out of IPN, however, resulted in the fact that the list is available in the Internet, that there are manipulations, accusations and anxiety. It was inevitable. Wildstein is not a fool, he must have been aware of that.

Thus, he did it deliberately. He wanted to start another political scandal and to make his name. Succeeded in both cases. I despise that :yuck:

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I don't know what to think about it. The formula of settling with the past has never been clear. Wildstein list was not the best way to draw public attention to the case though. It was like a snowball which resulted in an avalanche of intense media interest but also of claims, accusations etc. It shouldn't have hapenned. There are being more and more reasons not to watch evening news ;)

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know what to think either, but it's not good. As Vami said, the spies will be pooled with the victims which is pretty sad, because some people on that list actaully helped bring down Communism. My babcia made the list, or at least I think she did, I don't know how many Jadwiga Sikora's there are in Poland.

Fun fakt: The list received more searches on onet.pl than it's previous most searched term - sex.

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
Well, Kieres (boss of IPN) said, that this list wasn't a mystery, the only bad think is that Wildstein publicated this list as list of spies, and here are also victims, and curret officers of Polish Army !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts