Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OT: Les Canadiens de Montréal route dans la Coupe Stanley 2008 Thread

The 24 Times Stanley Cup winners are currently leading 3-1 (best of 7) against the Boston Bruins in the first round of the playoffs. Nuff said :boxing:

Will they go all the way?

Allez!

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
heheh Presidente..didn't expect this thread...but grazie nevertheless..

the City is bombarded with flags on cars, radio and television going crazy over the most storied franchise in hockey. I personally think its a bit pre-mature to think of winning the Cup this year (Montreal suffered years of re-building) but 'ci credo'.

On a side note, a friend of mine who unfortunately is Laziale..said attending the game in Boston as a Canadiens fan was worse than sitting in the Roma section of Olimpico cheering on Lazio... he claimed he was fortunate escaping without a 'beating'...:nervous:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
heheh Presidente..didn't expect this thread...but grazie nevertheless..

the City is bombarded with flags on cars, radio and television going crazy over the most storied franchise in hockey. I personally think its a bit pre-mature to think of winning the Cup this year (Montreal suffered years of re-building) but 'ci credo'.

On a side note, a friend of mine who unfortunately is Laziale..said attending the game in Boston as a Canadiens fan was worse than sitting in the Roma section of Olimpico cheering on Lazio... he claimed he was fortunate escaping without a 'beating'...:nervous:
I saw 2 of the games played so far. Rock solid team :boxing: Though I'm far from being a hockey expert, they look like a classy side. The Bruins appeared a more physical team. In some sort of way, do they resemble to Milan? :undecide:

P.S. Ask your friend if he needs the aid some of the boys next time ;)

Allez!

·
Registered
15,651 Posts
I'm watching the Ranger's game and Pittsburgh's but I haven't seen any Montreal game this season. My friend who is more of a hockey expert than me says that Montreal is the biggest threat for Pittsburgh in the conference. Hopefully those two will meet soon.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I saw 2 of the games played so far. Rock solid team :boxing: Though I'm far from being a hockey expert, they look like a classy side. The Bruins appeared a more physical team. In some sort of way, do they resemble to Milan? :undecide:

P.S. Ask your friend if he needs the aid some of the boys next time ;)

Allez!

Ainsi si..somewhat...20 year potential 'fuoriclasse' in Goalie Carey Price...a year ago he was playing in the Junior Team (primavera)..cool as a seasoned jazz player :shades:

Saku Koivu (now injured) who came back from a career (and life) threatening injury ..

Classy Organization with a rich history and excellent scouts...

6 Leoni sul ghiaccio !

there are some very close similarities..

I was at game one and my friend who was in awe of the noise and crowd at the Bell Center in Montreal..I turned to him and explained "fratello..sono stato in Curva Sud a San Siro...questo e una chiesa per me" ;)

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm watching the Ranger's game and Pittsburgh's but I haven't seen any Montreal game this season. My friend who is more of a hockey expert than me says that Montreal is the biggest threat for Pittsburgh in the conference. Hopefully those two will meet soon.
You've seen nothing then :stuckup:

P.S. I'm watching Pittsburgh vs Ottawa right now.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ainsi si..somewhat...20 year potential 'fuoriclasse' in Goalie Carey Price...a year ago he was playing in the Junior Team (primavera)..cool as a seasoned jazz player :shades:

Saku Koivu (now injured) who came back from a career (and life) threatening injury ..

Classy Organization with a rich history and excellent scouts...

6 Leoni sul ghiaccio !

there are some very close similarities..

I was at game one and my friend who was in awe of the noise and crowd at the Bell Center in Montreal..I turned to him and explained "fratello..sono stato in Curva Sud a San Siro...questo e una chiesa per me" ;)
The athmosphere sounded cool indeed though :thmbup:

I saw last nights game and the one you won in overtime :devil:

IMHO Les Canadiens are the most notorious hockey club in the world. Am I stretching it?

Alex Kovalev

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
The athmosphere sounded cool indeed though :thmbup:

I saw last nights game and the one you won in overtime :devil:

IMHO Les Canadiens are the most notorious hockey club in the world. Am I stretching it?

Alex Kovalev
Si...per mi il MILAN E TUTTO LA MIA VITA..

but maybe I'm the only Montrealer that thinks that way :devil:

scusa didn't see the words HOCKEY CLUB

yes, you are right about that...they have the most championships by far and are the most storied franchise

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Si...per mi il MILAN E TUTTO LA MIA VITA..

but maybe I'm the only Montrealer that thinks that way :devil:

scusa didn't see the words HOCKEY CLUB

yes, you are right about that...they have the most championships by far and are the most storied franchise
:shades:

Vado a letto :thmbup:

Allez Montreal!

·
Registered
15,651 Posts
Devils-Rangers was a great game, very intense. It was close that Rangers got screwed by the ref Moggi-style but fortunately justice prevailed. This is my first time watching the playoffs and damn it's fun to watch. Very exciting games.

Now onto Detroit.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Watching Montreal win in 93 was the first Stanley Cup that I really remember. I was impressed by Patrick Roy and his flair and threw a fit when he was traded. Carey Price looks like the real deal and he is peaking at the right time with Bob Gainey at the helm les Canadiens are in the right hands and are due to the superiority of their defense have the best chance of representing the East in the Stanley Cup playoffs where there speed is going to be a real factor against a bruised and battered team from the West. Dryden, Roy, and Price - the rookie goal tending factor will win another Cup.

Ciao tutti

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Good taste Prez :thmbup:

Tomorrow we could go through to the next round if we beat the Bruins. People will be celebrating like crazy if we win. It's unbelievable how passionate are people in here :D

Go habs go!!

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
presently another tight game...1-1 at the midway point of the game..could be over tonight .... hope it doesn't go to game 7 but if it does I have tickets :D

We shall see

·
Registered
15,651 Posts
Yeah seems like the Montreal game is a very tight one. Surprised to see Montreal down by one goal.

I'm watching the Philly game, it's unfortunately the only one with 800kbps streaming. Philadelphia really sucks tonight.

·
Registered
15,651 Posts
And now it's 1-3 to Boston. What's happening with Montreal? I thought they would win comfortably tonight. 3-1 in games and playing at home. The playoffs are more unpredictable than I thought.

EDIT: Oh wow, 5-1 to Boston.

·
Registered
477 Posts
i just came back from the stadium.. we really played average.. the difference was the goalkeepers.. theirs had an outstanding game whilst Price has a horrendous 3rd period.. i cant believe they wasted this opportunity..

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
i just came back from the stadium.. we really played average.. the difference was the goalkeepers.. theirs had an outstanding game whilst Price has a horrendous 3rd period.. i cant believe they wasted this opportunity..
We had to expect Price would give up a bad goal..he gave up a load tonight..after the give away his confidence went down ..though I felt he gave up too early.

MOntreal has not had a solid game since game 1..I think they realize they will have to bring up their game..

Go Habs Go

1 - 20 of 211 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.