Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I couldn't find a general 'offtopic-topic', decided to make a new thread...

... this programma was on TV here some days ago and I recorded it on tape and I just saw it, it's about an Englishman who's visiting Europe in an old car, he's just driving around.

As you can guess... this episode was about Spain and... the Basque Country :D.

It started with this: 'This is looking like the Swiss Alpes, but I'm not in Switzerland, I'm in South-West France... but the French doesn't live here... actually, I'm in a part with no official name...'
However, 'Euskadi' won't be in their passport, it's easy to recognize Basques, they've got a long straight nose, and huge earlobes :D... (true?)
He really loves the Basque Country, first he went to the 'Basque Games' in St. Palais which was really fun, he said most Basques are very strong... the ones who were participating there were strong for sure :D.
Then he went to Biarritz, he said: 'I've been in a lot of places all over the world, but this is for sure the nicest place I've been to (is it really so nie there)... It's like St. Tropez but calmer (and cheaper), It's like Havana, but with food (?), he named some more...
Then he went at night to Donostia, he's eaten some strange food there Patxea's or something, then he went out there in some nice clubs.
Next day he went to Gernika, told something about Hitler's attack and Picasso's paint etc, and showed some nice places in the village.
Finally he went to a town called Leitza, someone was killed there after an ETA car bomb, he had some talks with someone who could understand that action... then he went to Madrid to find out how Madrid thinks over Euskadi.
He also went to some other nice places in Spain, some coastal area's etc.

Just to let you know ;). I really enjoyed it :D. I'm also happy it was not as always a negative report, but that guy really loves Euskadi, he said it was his favourite part of the world :D.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Knoert said:
it's easy to recognize Basques, they've got a long straight nose, and huge earlobes :D... (true?)
Not me :googly:, maybe he was talking about Gipuzkoa's area :D, although i've also heard that cliché about the basques, but it´s not so common at all as he says, at least in Viscay :D.

Nice reading, thank you for this post, it's nice to see how the people see us in Europe and and in a good way, not like the same story about ETA and terrorism.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
I will only talk about my nose if there´s a lawyer in the room.:D

Nice story Knoert, Euskal Herria is very beautiful.;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts