Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
obviously, u can't buy 11 star players...so u have to decide to buy one great player and a bunch of average players...so who would u want to buy? and why? if u start a new team, which player u want to build around with? should it be a goalkeeper? defender? playmaker? winger? striker? is getting a great defender is better than getting a great striker since great defenders are hard to find but there are a lot of great strikers???

remember...u only have limited budget and u can only spend the money on 1 star player...

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
I'd outbid Abdul on Dalmat :)

Seriously though, I'd buy a top quality central defender and build up from there. With a good defense you can stay in any match and steal a goal or claw out a win.

Many teams have bought strikers and midfielders in the 3 - 5m range while spending only 200,000 - 400,000 on defenders. They failed miserably

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
i wld invite mihajlovic
and Roque junior

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
WHat's the limited budget? I would buy star from club which is in bankrupt or not in CL or not top club. That would save me some big bucks.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
I would take Dalmat for the simple fact he would challenge for the title of most versatile player in the world. You can simply play him everywhere in midfield and behind the strikers. I believe the spine of a team is the most important, I think the most important positions in a team are the DM and AM positions. It doesn't matter how good your defence is, if it gets a lot of balls, sooner or later your going to give in a goal, if you have a strong midfield, you can keep the opposition far away from goal enough to not get belted, and you can create enough chances to score goals, simple as that.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Above all I'd always sell my central strikers if any high enough offer comes in.
Only classy central defenders and classy creative players are worth the cash.

Just look at your poor club.
W/o Adriano scoring/playing you have the best run in recent games of all Serie A teams yet dumb Moratti insists on not selling 70m€ Adriano ---> MadMax

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
One star player - RONALDINHO

Lets play CM for a while then (with the limited budget):

------------------ Carini/J.Cesar ---------------------

J.Zanetti ---- Cordoba ----- Luisao ------ Maxwell/Evra

------- Stankovic -- Cambiasso --- B.Emre ------------

-------------------- Ronaldinho ----------------------

------------- Martins -------- Adriano ----------------

And yeah, it would be great to have Dalmat back. It's useless to say that he would get to the starting line up straightaway, as he's also out due to long term injury.

That would be a great line up ..... :stuckup:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Nesta. A good defense can take you all the way to the top.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
eh... i would buy the ref for each match... spread out the costs around that. (which worthed a Star Player), I would be sure that I can get more penalties than Juve, as they must be paying less than what I can afford.

say 30 million pounds for the star. Divide it into say 50 matches/yr for 5 years.. Domestic.

that will be 120,000 GBP per match for the man in Black :eek: Beat that Moggi!

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Maradona in his prime :stuckup:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Adriano10 said:
eh... i would buy the ref for each match... spread out the costs around that. (which worthed a Star Player), I would be sure that I can get more penalties than Juve, as they must be paying less than what I can afford.

say 30 million pounds for the star. Divide it into say 50 matches/yr for 5 years.. Domestic.

that will be 120,000 GBP per match for the man in Black :eek: Beat that Moggi!
:howler: good idea... :D

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
i would buy 1 star player in a central midfield department with a good shot
someone like aimar or totti

i would then build the rest of my team based on

Fast, Strong, Athletic with a lot of stamina youngsters (that way my boys will out run and out muscle the opponents, supply the ball to my harry potter aimar and bang we score. I would have 10 Players from say a youth programme from Cameroon, and my one argentine and we would be mid table, to top half

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
:star: Defense wins championships! :star:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
i admit, my boys will not be technical masters, but i would pay a legend like paolo maldini (when retired) to give my lads basic tips. These tips, and their superior athletic ability, means i should not concede more than 2 goals a match :D

Then my Wizard dribbles past several players and feeds my olympic sprinting forward, who at his 10th attempt will manage to kick the ball, and maybe on the 12th try actually score

Forza CAFC (Cameroon Aimar FC 2005)

·
Registered
45,451 Posts
Slightly OT, but Steve Nash would be great to help out your star player. The boy has some tricks. Not just talking about his b-ball skills but his football skills! Anyone saw the slam dunk competition? WOW. :thmbup:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts