Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Happy Birthday Bam Bam!
Posted Friday, January 18, 2002 by Andy Simpson

Inter Channel delivered a very special surprise present today. Roberto Scarpini, during his afternoon ‘Inter Chat’ programme, telephoned ex-Interista Ivan Zamorano. The reason? Today the Chilean celebrated his 35th birthday. Scarpini chatted with a surprised but very happy BamBam: “Thank you so much, what a beautiful surprise! It’s always a great pleasure to speak with you and to be able to speak with the Inter fans”. Zamorano spoke of his adventure in Mexico and also of his memories of Milan: “I may have left physically, but a piece of me remains in Milan. I miss Inter so much. The affection I received during my time there will stay with me for ever and the memory of such a stupendous man as President Moratti will never vanish”.

Continuing the surprises, Roberto Scarpini then introduced captain Javier Zanetti, a close friend of Zamorano: “Congratulations Bam Bam”! The two then proceeded to catch up in a short conversation in Spanish! Scarpini understood little, so Javer Zanetti translated: “Ivan says that he will always be Inter’s number one supporter. Each Sunday he looks out for our result and follows our matches on television when he can”. The call ended with Zamorano promising to come soon to Italy to visit the many friends he left behind at Inter.

(inter.it)

This was taken from Inter-Online who took it from Inter.it:D.

Anyway it's nice to see he is still remembered and i always knew he was still a Inter fan,i'm still not happy with the way he left the club but i'm happy his now going on to better things!.I'm also glad he had the chance to talk to his good friend Javier Zanetti:).He maybe wasnt Inter's greatest striker but he tried his heart out all the time for Inter when the team was down him and Zanetti worked there arse's off and i hope thats how he is remembered:).

FORZA INTER

·
Registered
320 Posts
this is great! what does it show when a club calls a former player and congratulates him on his birtday? it shows greatness and it shows that Inter is not just a job, its also a bond between the players. For some people its a lot more!

Happy birthday Ivan!

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Thats great, lets hope he can come back and give the younger players a pat on the back, taht would be sweet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts