Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This forum need some spicing up. So lets talk about some thing other than the great game of soccer.

So what is your favourite food?

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Shawarma.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Why don't you guys enlighten me about Australian food? Come on guys, it's time for you to know some recipes and cooking..:D...is there some good recipes anyone know?Cakes or something?;)I'm really interested!

·
International
9,526 Posts
don't you guys eat a lot of Emu over there?

Over in NZ, it BBQ season, with marinated steak sizzling on the barbie being the flavour of the month:D

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Fred Elliot said:
don't you guys eat a lot of Emu over there?
Emu!!!!!!!!!! :wth: :dielaugh:. I wouldn't know, although i've never eaten it myself.

I think Kangaroo is on the menu, but it is more of a delicacy, and is much harder to cook than your more conventional meats (cook it too little and you may get sick, overcook it and it becomes very tough)

I think its BBQ season here too Fred :)(who ever said that Oz and NZ were THAT different) :D. And we certainly DO NOT throw shrimp on the BBQ (we dont even call them that - Prawns are a more appropriate term)

Other things we do include having Beetroot (Beets in the USA ) on our Hamburgers, and have you ever heard of a Meat Pie, mfa ??? :drool: :lick:

·
Star Player
4,703 Posts
he never said that abt san marino, I know he wouldnt say that, he meant san marino would win oceania if they replaced us andthats true (sorry fred) he makes fun of idiots thinking we should qualify direct through oceania, just like I do and nando does and every other bloody soccer fan in the whole world except for some aussie fans........ I completely unequivocably agree with him on that as any sane aussie should,!!

instead of making small change 6 million bucks per wc, if we played in asia hey we may or may not qualify but the exposure of having harry k moore, viduka and emerton back in Oz 3 times a year as opposed to once every four years would generate syustained interest in young kids! instead of forgeting who harryk is by next 4 years, imagine if those little kids saw him again in october in qualifiers for the asia cup??? sustained exposeure its called Mr Marketer, YOU should bloody know that! instead those dukes and kewell fans have no concentration spans and will latch onto a carey or andrew Johns in that 4 year period.............get the jist of it? the sustained exposure would out rank any measly 6 mill once evrry 4 years....... I WANT TO SEE MY BLOODY PLAYERS MORE THAN ONCE EVRY 4 YEARS LIVE! and im lucky i live in melbourne , what abt the rest of u poor bastards in syd, bris, adel, canb. perth? you guys cant see em live period coz melbourne will always get the qualifier simply coz we do it better, thats not fair with constant qualifiers sydney perth can get games too

anyhow im not re-reading this coz I know i babbled but rages tend to do that sometimes :fero:

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Well i din't quote him directly, but i've never been in favour of direct qualification and agree with most of what you said. I'm all for playing more competitive games (preferably in a group phase and not sudden death knockou :yuck: ), whether it be in the Asian zone or the CONCACAF zone.

Of course we have got to get the likes of Harry and co out here more, but the thing i've noticed about football worldwide compared to any other sport our NT is involved in is the seemingly lack of national pride, and this, along with the increasing amounts of money and :greed: in the game is turning me off football. NT's all over the world seem to be facing a situation where players "retire" from the NT at the drop of a hat, and i believe that this is football's problem, not ours :irritate:

And george, i think that Kewell and Dukes will never get as popular as a Carey or a Johns unless they play in the national league while at their peak, so the public can see them every wekk (and to be honest, with the state of the NT, that won't happen anytime soon :sigh: :( :eek: :depress: )

·
Star Player
4,703 Posts
no u make the same assumption and mistake that all those big bosses make, u think the average aussie fan is an idiot, they are not they are you me and everyone on this site, in a poll of afl players you know apart from melrose place what the favourite show was? the EPL show! Kewell and dukes will never by in the limelight like carey coz they arent here but they'll be as big as Norman (who was bigger than norman? not carey) They just need to come out regularly so that they are in the subconcious of the aussie fans regularly.

dont you realise andreas money rules not national honour, money rules our world not morals or ethics, especially in soccer

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Giorgos said:

dont you realise andreas money rules not national honour, money rules our world not morals or ethics, especially in soccer
of course. Did you see my post in the AFL forum (OT-cricket) where i stated that the sacking of Hayden, and the retention of Warne and Waugh was politically motivated :mad:

Its probably why i despise the world so much sometimes (more often lately), and tend to question the worth (no pun intended) of everything in life

Your point on Norman being bigger than Carey is a good one :proud:, and one i never though about :doh:. Golf is also another money hungry game, and i'm glad we didn't pay Tiger $3 - 4million to play here

·
Star Player
4,703 Posts
you my friend have to take a chill pill :)

again you took me literally, when I said 'dont you realise andreas....' I wasnt intending to be condescending I meant it in a conversationalist way :) anyhow I can see why youd think I was being condescending :D

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Giorgos said:
you my friend have to take a chill pill :)

again you took me literally, when I said 'dont you realise andreas....' I wasnt intending to be condescending I meant it in a conversationalist way :) anyhow I can see why youd think I was being condescending :D
Pardon???? :confused:

Can you explain to this illiterate soul what the word "Condescending" means :eek:

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
For Christ's sake people, this topic was supposed to be about food :D...and what do I see? Nickles!...No recipes , no nothing...............men! :rolleyes: :D

Face it: you don't know australian cuisine :tongue: and you don't know how to cook!:D and the worst, you can't even come with decent recipes:depress:

·
Star Player
4,703 Posts
sometimes we arent on the same wavelenght and I dont know if you get me and vice versa, I was referring to the mad face you had at the end of that statement and assumed you took it that I was being a smart-ass re condescending :D

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
ah mfa, be a good housewife, and come plant a big kiss on me :drool: :D ;)

And then later, you can give me what every good husband craves...........................:horny:.................. ;) ;)

a nice meal :D :)

·
Star Player
4,703 Posts
excuse me while I duck for cover, is that a semi-trailer coming? no its mfa's tongue lashing andreas and its coming in all its fury :D

I am staying out of this one ;)

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
andreas I need the recipe first. I am not sure if I act right or wrong, if I don't have the recipe.only the recipe will tell me the way you like it

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
sorry mfa, but i don't work to recipe's. I'm more of a "hands on" type who likes to experiment and experience :D :)

We can try that too though. I'm sure u are a natural and will give me exactly what i'm looking for :hopefull:

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I am sure I could give you exactly what you are looking for :tongue: but I'd need to know what you are looking for, first.That's why the need for the recipe ;)

But oh well , in the meantime do it as you know it, and keep using that "hands on" method :D ;) I'm sure you do a great job for yourself ;);)

·
Star Player
4,703 Posts
bwahahaha :D

THE MEAT PIE

Ingredients :

FILLING:
1 tblsp vegetable oil
750 gm beef, minced
1 of onions, medium
2 of stock cubes, beef
salt, pepper
0.1 tsp nutmeg
2 cup stock (or water)
2 tblsp flour, plain
1.75 cup water, extra
1 tsp soy sauce

PIE BASE:
2 cup flour, plain
0.5 tsp salt
0.666 cup water
60 gm margarine

PIE TOP
2 she puff pastry

---------------

*Prepare filling: -Dice the onion.
Place oil in a heavy based saucepan, add onion and meat and stir over low heat until well browned. Add crumbled stock cubes, water, salt pepper and nutmeg.
Stir until boiling, reduce heat, cover and simmer gently 30 minutes; remove from heat.
Combine extra water and flour, and stir until smooth. Add flour mixture to meat and stir until combined. Return to heat, stir until meat boils and thickens. Add soy and simmer a further 10 minutes.
Remove from heat and allow to become completely cold.

*Pie base: -Sift flour and salt into basin. Place water and dripping into a saucepan and stir over low heat until dripping melts. Make a well in the center of dry ingredients, add liquid, stir until combined.

Turn out onto a lightly floured surface, knead lightly. Roll out pastry and line 8 greased pie tins. Fill centers with cold meat filling.

Roll out puff pastry, cut out rounds for top of pies. Wet edges of base pastry, and gently press tops into place, trim around edges with a sharp knife and pierce center. Brush tops with combined egg yolks and water and bake in a moderately hot oven (370F) for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Reduce heat and cook a further 5 minutes.

>For variations, add mushrooms,extra onion, tomato, curry to filling.

·
Star Player
4,703 Posts
meatloaf :D

Ingredients :

480 gm Ground beef-lean
480 gm Sausage stuffing
1 cup Breadcrumbs-fine
2 Onions-medium, chopped
Fine
1 tblsp Curry powder
0.5 cup Water
1 tblsp Parsley-chopped
1 Egg-beaten
1 cup Clove-crushed
0.5 cup Milk
Salt and pepper to taste

SAUCE
1 Onion-chopped very fine
0.25 cup Water
0.5 cup Ketchup
0.25 cup Dry red wine OR beef stock
0.25 cup Worcestershire sauce-
Lea & Perrins
2 tblsp Vinegar
1 tblsp Instant coffee
0.25 cup Brown sugar-packed
30 gm Margarine
2 tsp Lemon juice

-----------------------
Method :
Contributed to the echo by: Fred Towner Barbecue Meatloaf Aussie Style- First Prize LOAF: Combine meats, breadcrumbs, onions, salt, pepper, garlic, parsley, curry and egg in large bowl. Mix well. Mix milk and water and add to meat mixture a little at a time until smooth but firm. Shape into loaf and put into greased baking pan. Bake 30 minutes at 375F.

SAUCE: Saute onions in margarine until golden and add all other ingredients. Bring slowly to a boil, lower heat and simmer 10 to 15 minutes. (great with ribs or chicken). After loaf has cooked for 30 minutes, pour half of the sauce over the meat, return to oven and bake 45 minutes more, basting often with remaining sauce. Serve loaf hot in thick slices with remaining sauce. Also makes great sandwiches.

Servings: 8

1 - 20 of 45 Posts