Xtratime Community banner

OT - Everything Basketball

162K views 4K replies 80 participants last post by  alchemist 
#1 ·
We always seem to have a thread for our b-ball NT heading towards major tournaments and with Duda picking his squad for the qualifiers this summer, I figured it was time for the next one.

First off the squad..

bekovi: Miloš Teodosić (CSKA Moskva), Stefan Marković (Valensija), Milenko Tepić (Kahasol), Aleksandar Rašić (Lijetuvos Ritas), Nemanja Jaramaz (Partizan mt:s), Nemanja Nedović (Crvena zvezda Diva) Danilo Anđušić (Partizan mt:s);

krila: Ivan Paunić (Virtus Bolonja), Mladen Jeremić (Hemofarm), Marko Kešelj (Olimpijakos), Andreja Milutinović (Crvena zvezda Diva), Nemanja Bjelica (Kaha Laboral), Vladimir Lučić (Partizan mt:s), Novica Veličković (Real Madrid), Duško Savanović (Anadolu Efes), Zoran Erceg (Bešiktaš), Milan Mačvan (Makabi/Partizan mt:s), Dragan Labović (Krasnije Krilja);

centri: Nenad Krstić (CSKA Moskva), Kosta Perović (Barselona), Milovan Raković (Žalgiris), Miroslav Raduljica (Anadolu Efes/Partizan mt:s), Dejan Musli (Kaha Laboral), Mile Ilić (Crvena zvezda Diva).

Secondly our schedule..

15/8 Iceland - Serbia
18/8 Serbia - Montenegro
21/8 Slovakia - Serbia
24/8 Serbia - Estonia
27/8 Israel - Serbia
30/8 Serbia - Iceland
2/9 Montenegro - Serbia
5/9 Serbia - Slovakia
8/9 Estonia - Serbia
11/9 Serbia - Israel

Nice schedule, good chance to see some b-ball during the summer for those of us who will be there. :thumbsup:

Top 2 qualify as well as the 4 best third placed teams.

Now give us your full analysis DZ and other experts. :D I see a fair number of younger players there like Nedovic, Musli, Andjusic, Jaramaz, Milutinovic, Lucic. Also slightly older newcomers in Dabovic and Jeremic.

Who's missing from the list except for guys like Milicic?

Novica btw very important for Real towards the end of the season. Good news for our NT as last year we missed him a lot.

See less See more
#91 ·
What an embarassing performance, and that has been the case ever since the qualifiers began and perhaps even before that. However, today's result is the biggest slap in the face our basketball has ever received in history, because losing to Estonia is much worse than losing to Angola or whoever we lost to in the past. I didn't watch the match (couldn't find a stream) but the result speaks for itself.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Ivkovic resigns after this, but he has to take the blame for a lot of the results here. He refused to change his tactics or give more playing time to in form players such as Nedovic.

Now, even our qualification at Eurobasket 2013 has been put in doubt. Estonia will have no problems beating Iceland in the next round, which means they'll have a 6-4 record in the end. Israel currently has a 6-3 record, and we have a 5-4 record which means all three teams would be tied with a 6-4 record IF we beat Israel.

Hopefully this is a wakeup call... :D

#93 ·
And we have to win by more than 13 against Israel to have a better head to head against them.

Boris, I believe medjusobni rezultat.

#94 ·
Estonia 1-1 Israel (+29 in favour of Israel)
Serbia 1-1 Estonia (+18 in favour of Serbia)
Israel 1-0 Serbia (+13 in favour of Israel)

If we win, everyone would be at 6-4 (and 2-2 in head-to-head).

If it's head-to-head results, and we beat Israel, then we would have a three-way tie and we would have to look at the results from the three teams if I'm not mistaken.

That means we would have to look at the points differential.

Israel is currently +42 overall, and we are +18 overall. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that means we would have to beat them by 24 points to get to second place (direct qualification), or beat them by any amount to get third place (possible qualification). A loss would definitely put us behind Estonia due to a 5-5 record.

#96 ·
Not only does Israel have +42, they are leading by 23 against Slovakia at the moment. Things are looking grim for us.

#97 ·
Yeah but their points differential against Slovakia will not be taken into account if there is a three-way tie between Serbia, Israel and Estonia. Otherwise we would be in pretty good position because we have the best point differential in the entire group, but our differential against Montenegro, Slovakia and Iceland wouldn't count in that case.

#98 ·
Ah, my bad, thanks for correcting me. Though having to beat them, with this squad, by more than 24 seems daunting enough as it is.

#102 ·
http://www.eurobasket2013.org/en/ci...sket.x_0.y_0.coid_rgoNe9TsJ7UTz1Vjab,Bm1.html

´SERBIA
If Serbia beat Estonia on Saturday, they will secure third place at minimum, yet if one of Sweden, Belgium or Turkey does not lose on the same day, it would remain to be seen if Serbia's win/loss percentage would be good enough to qualify as that depends on other groups.
If Dusan Ivkovic's team then also beat Israel in the last game, they would finish second and qualify automatically.
If Serbia were to fall to Estonia, but by less than 25 points, they would need to beat Israel by 13 or more points on the last day to finish second.
Worst case scenario: Serbia to lose to Estonia by more than 25 and for Israel to beat Slovakia and Estonia to also overcome Iceland. They would then need to beat Israel by 13 or more to finish third and hope for the best, otherwise the Blues would finish fourth.´

#103 ·
FIBA is the most retarded place on earth.

Not that i'm complaining cause it will guarantee our place when we win Slovakia today (up by 38 right now) - but what they did is, they gave the groups with the 6 teams in them an unfair advantage.

Cause as far as the best 3rd place finishers from all houses - what counts is the wins record - and we play 2 more games then groups with 5 teams in them, so naturally the common decision should be not to count the 2 games against the last place finishers, right?

But not in FIBA apparently :howler: So it ends up that the wins against Slovakia does count both of us :D

#107 ·
But not in FIBA apparently :howler: So it ends up that the wins against Slovakia does count both of us :D
Where did you find this information?

if israel win Serbia and serbia record will be 5-5 it means they wont qualify?
Yes, because we take it for granted that Estonia will defeat Iceland in the last round and thus take their record to 6-4.

Serbia would then be fourth in the group.

Unbelievable. Something has to be changed...
Nice to see you back. :thumbsup: Hopefully you stick around this time.

#108 ·
The worst part is that if we don't qualify for the EC than we also won't be at the next World championships.

If our players have any pride they'll smash Israel by 20 in Pionir.

#109 ·
Boris is right - hopefully this serves as a wake up call and we learn from our mistakes..:howler:

It is hard to point a finger at something and say what is wrong, it just seems like everything is wrong.

p.s But as someone here said, it's a crying shame we didn't play at the Olympics. :D

#110 ·
This is disgusting.

A disgrace and to think its 10 years to the day that we were world champions.

After 2007...I didn't think it would get any lower...well it just has.

I don't even know who to blame. Duda? The players? The KSS?

#112 ·
How does a side that was 2nd at Eurobasket in 2009, 4th at the WC in 2010 (at least 2nd but for a corrupt FIBA) go to this in 2 years?

From beating Spain twice, Slovenia, Argentina etc and being an easy lay up away from beating France. Since Savanovic's missed sitter we've just been on a downward spiral and no one can explain why?!?

#113 ·
And it's not as if this side is old but young and should have improved but they've just sank to lower depths than we've ever been in.