Xtratime Community banner

3461 - 3480 of 3496 Posts

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
Down 15 in the 3rd after having 9 point lead in the 1st... Jokic thrown out of the game for talking:howler:

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
Embarrassing loss to Spain. Nothing was going Serbias way. Too many air balls, turnovers and very few and 1s while Spain was hitting everything and played their best game of the tournament.

·
Registered
44,358 Posts
Jokić swore at the referees. His own fault.

I still think Serbia could've easily been in the game for 90% of the time had they just scored when the chance was given..because Spain gave Serbia a helping hand with several dips but our players never took them to get closer.

It's good for the players.

·
Registered
13,414 Posts
the loss does put us in the harder top half of the draw with Argentina, USA and France

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
Down 5 at halftime. Argentina is getting a lot of long offensive rebounds and capitalizing on them and getting some extremely easy baskets while ours are all going through 2 or 3 defenders.

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
Our players must be made out of steel as every bit of contact and Argentina goes flying like they were knocked out in street fighter

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
First lead of the game comes at 9:21 in the 4th. Hopefully they can extend it.

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
Absolute disaster down 11 with 3:17 left. Breathe on Argentina and its a foul, Serbia gets hacked and nothing.

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
Thats it. 10 point loss in the quarter finals, this team peaked way too early.

·
Registered
44,358 Posts
They lacked competitiveness. Whether it's down to them being gassed or something else, I don't know. Similar problems as the last game in terms of lost balls though.

Disasters also form a part of sports. Let's see how they react to it in the coming tournaments.

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
Well we still get the dream match vs USA but it's for 5th place :howler:

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I feel like he definitely overused bogdanovic during friendlies and beginning of the tournament
I think our team had too many "big" players and we were therefore not quick enough. In that aspect we missed the injured Teodosic and Milosavljevic but also Nedovic and Kalinic.

·
Zeko lopove...
7,464 Posts
It's a shame to have not fielded our best squad, but I'm hopeful these players will produce at the next Euro championship. I know Sale will probably be targeting the OI in Tokyo but I would target the Euro in 2022 as the main target. It's been way too long since our last European title, and we need to be ready.

3461 - 3480 of 3496 Posts