Xtratime Community banner

3441 - 3460 of 3496 Posts

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Harden and Anthony davis pulled out of team USA. Kemba walker and Lillard still can cause major damage but team USA looks vulnerable

·
Zeko lopove...
7,464 Posts
Yeah, I'm very doubtful this USA team will do much damage. More of them will resign.

·
Registered
13,468 Posts
U susret Svetskom prvenstvu u košarci 2019 / Miroslav Raduljica

Label and copyright: Radio televizija Srbije

Zabranjeno svako kopiranje video i/ili audio snimaka i postavljanje na druge kanale!

Q98gLGAvITg

·
Registered
13,468 Posts
U susret Svetskom prvenstvu u košarci 2019 / Milan Mačvan

Label and copyright: Radio televizija Srbije

Zabranjeno svako kopiranje video i/ili audio snimaka i postavljanje na druge kanale!

SGmSauAxSFo

·
Registered
13,468 Posts
U susret Svetskom prvenstvu u košarci 2019 / Aleksandar Đorđević

AiHIAQr-9bU

·
Registered
13,468 Posts

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Beat Greece today I think unbeaten in friendly play . Didn't see jokic or boban play . I'm still depressed about the possibility of no teodosic

·
Registered
13,468 Posts
Jokic did not play against Greece... big games from Bogdanovic and Bjelica

·
puzz!eshock
1,814 Posts
Bjelica and Teo not playing

we’re 70% 3pt Jokic 4/4

everyone has contributed can’t really say much we’re looking good.

one thing we could do without is probably giving away too many turnovers

·
Registered
11,691 Posts
Easy wins vs angola and Philippines*, first time ever Serbia has scored 100 points in back to back games.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Anyone understand the format I see after this round Serbia plays top 2 group c teams . Do they combine first and second round records to see who is next or does second round start a clean slate . Im wondering if the Italy game means anything ?

·
Zeko lopove...
7,464 Posts
Anyone understand the format I see after this round Serbia plays top 2 group c teams . Do they combine first and second round records to see who is next or does second round start a clean slate . Im wondering if the Italy game means anything ?
Sippy... here's the format...

First round - eight groups with four teams each, 2 top teams advance from each group (i.e. final 16 into second round)
Second round - four groups with four teams each, 2 top teams advance from each group (i.e. final 8 into knockout stage)
Knockout - QF, SF, F

We'll advance with Italy into the group with Spain and one of Puerto Rico and Tunisia.

Your result against your first group opponent gets carried over so it's quite critical that we beat the Italians to ensure we stay on course to have a 100% record. Chances are if we do and manage to beat Spain and the other opponent in our group we avoid USA until the final as the first placed team from our second round group does not play the first placed team from the USA group until the final if we both make it that far. So if things go the way they should... the final 8 should look something like this below. However, it's assuming that all first placed teams currently win out until the knockout round.

I1 - Argentina
J2 - Spain

K1 - USA
L2 - Lithuania

J1 - Serbia
I2 - Russia

L1 - France
K2 - Brazil

See below.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_FIBA_Basketball_World_Cup

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Thanks avoiding Lithuania would be big it seems also . Tatum got hurt for USA today could be a big injury for USA

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Puerto Rico on Friday at 10:30 CET

Spain on Sunday at 14:30 CET

Having seen the Americans in their opening two games I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that they finish top in their group. It's annoying that they play after us and so we can't fit our result vs Spain to suit us.

The Turks yesterday...massive bottlejob but I can't see more experienced, traditional teams letting them off the hook like that. If they'd lost yesterday then they may have been fighting for their lives against Greece and Brazil over the weekend.

Today we beat an Italian side that played very well and shot very well for 3/4s but we were just too good and too strong without even playing our best today. Bogdan had 31 points, Jokic with 15. The potency we have, the fact we weren't brilliant today but still scored 92 points...it's looking good so far but one game at a time.

·
Registered
11,691 Posts
Easy win vs Puerto Rico. 90-47

3441 - 3460 of 3496 Posts