Xtratime Community banner

3401 - 3420 of 3496 Posts

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
The draw for the 2019 FIBA World Cup was made.

We're in Group D with Italy, Philippines, and Angola.

The top two from our group advance and join the top two from Group C (Spain, Puerto Rico, Iran, Tunisia) in the second round. The top two from the second round advance to the quarters to likely play either Argentina, Russia, Venezuela, Poland or hosts China.

Not too bad overall. Assuming the US tops their second round group, we can avoid them until the final if we can win our second round group as well.

·
Registered
11,691 Posts
Vlade Divac has been elected to the basketball hall of fame. :proud:

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Popovic did the smart thing last night double teamed jokic made the others try and beat them. Jokic had 14 assists could've had 20 if teammates made their shots. Became 4th player in history to have a triple double in his first NBA playoff game .

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Jokic potentially could have another big series with nurkic and kanter both out. The nuggets might struggle though against lilliard and McCollum .nuggets bad at guarding quick point guards

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
23/12/9

This guy is unreal. Best ex-yugo basketball player ever. He's even putting on a better show than Giannis right now. Best player from Europe in this current form. He's unstoppable.

43 points is tied for the most by any eastern european player in the NBA. Bravo to Jokic.

7 players declaring for NBA draft this summer. A few more prospects going to NCAA like Lazar Zivanovic and Balsa going to Florida State. 2000/2001 generation is very strong and stacked. We have a good roster for the U19 WC as well this summer. Should be able to win it even with USA playing. Could easily have 10 NBA players in the 2020/2021 season

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Only thing I'm worried about with jokic is down the line he has same body type as cousins as he gets older he might get more injury prone. But as of now he actually plays good with extra weight. Popovic made a comment that he hopes jokic doesnt mess things up by going to the gym and workout he thinks that would be a mistake .

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Nah you don't have to be worried. Cousins plays above the rim. He also does a lot of eurosteps for a big guy which is very dangerous on the ankles with that much weight on one leg.
Jokic never leaves the ground and his fundamentals would put a smile on Jokic's face. Jokic is ridiculously fluid. Only injury would be a fluke one or facetious fouls like they tried today by hitting him in the face.

Another monster game tonight by Jokic

37/9/6/3/2

This guy is quite literally the best Serbian athlete after Djokovic in the history of our sport. He is truly spectacular. I still can't comprehend how goofy and blubbery this guy is yet drops a 30+ triple double on any center in the league. Really wish he wins a lot of MVP's and championships. He deserves it all.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Haha, it was an awesome game. I woke up thinking I'd missed it and ended up seeing four OT's..:D

·
Zeko lopove...
7,464 Posts
Jokic is such a funny player. He's so unorthodox but it just works. Hopefully his health continues to serve him. It's great to see another NBA star from Serbia since Pedja, and a dedicated one at that. I didn't think they would get past San Antonio. Keep proving me wrong Nikola!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Nah you don't have to be worried. Cousins plays above the rim. He also does a lot of eurosteps for a big guy which is very dangerous on the ankles with that much weight on one leg.
Jokic never leaves the ground...
Actually there's a photo of him from the game the other night and he does have both feet off the ground:

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
That's all she wrote for Jokic. His season is over. Excellent run in the playoffs for him. Did everything he could but his Nuggets are drastically overrated as is Jamal Murray who might be one of the most inconsistent guards in the league. I believe the Nuggets missed their last 20 three point shots of the game which is why Jokic only had a few assists. He needs some help, badly. You'd think the Nuggets owners would go into luxury tax to make sure they get another superstar next to Jokic, but I doubt it.
Jokic also choked a bit in the end. I thought it was just a coincidence that in the last two clutch games Jokic missed a free throw but it's not a coincidence at all. He low-key choked in the end game situations during the playoffs (not regular season though where he had 5 game winners). Not sure if he had more than 2 baskets in the fourth quarter today. He's young. He will learn. Now, let's see where his loyalty lies and if he will play for Serbia or not this summer. If not, he can f*ck right off to be honest. I look at guys like Marc and Pau Gasol and what they've done for their NT's despite going deep into the playoffs year after year and I think damn that's awesome. Sadly, that's not Jokic who would look for any opportunity to skip playing for the NT.

3401 - 3420 of 3496 Posts