Xtratime Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Banned
9,219 Posts
Well, I'll tell you two positives: same team, same coach with a couple new guys
Apart from Teo n Krle look out for Novica and Nedovic
Savanovic and Markovic I like a lot
Musli is getting his opportunity to shine as I've always liked his interior game on both sides of the court

Bjelica and Macvan are two guys I expect to step it up and play bigger roles for us.

Overall, I think anything less than semis would be disappointing considering how long they have been together
Also, Krle and Teo will be formidable partnership
Nedovic is someone I expect big things from he needs to work on his game though

Keselj is nice to have as well cause he is versatile and athletic
Milutinovic might get the call up as well since his 3 point shooting is superb

Kind of disappointed with how our youth players are slowly progressing
Miljenovic has disappointed me the most. I had big hopes for him by now but we'll see if he can make it on the big scene he's gy immense potential
We have a good future in basketball as lOng as these kids continue to get the proper treatment and training

· Banned
9,219 Posts
DZ Mijenovic is starting to reach his potential,, he's ripping apart the Serbian league and is expected to get his shot at Partizan next season.
Meh, maybe my expectations of him were/are too high but I already expected him to be playing for Partizan this season and slowly introduced to our A team.
Not as a starter but a reserve role kind of like Cvetkovic has behind Nedovic. Miljenovic is our only real NBA prospect that not a center at the moment. I just want to see the kid live up to his full potential because I believe he can be an amazing player one day. We will see how he does at the U20 EC. He was outshined by Cvetkovic while with the U18's last time. Even Micic had a better tournament than Miljenovic. I hate to be harsh on the kid but sometimes he's a little too extravagant on and off the court.

This would have been a perfect time for him to be called up to play the qualifiers against weaker nations and show his ability.

Anyhow, I have good hopes about EuroBasket 2013 as our team meshes together and they are all hungry for gold after many disappointments.

· Banned
9,219 Posts
Disappointments

Though many players performed up to, or above, expectations a number of talented young prospects failed to make an impression. Some of that has to do with the stage they are at in their development, but it is also a result of the more experienced, athletic than average group they were competing against.

-1993-born Serbian point guardNenad Miljenovic struggled to beat his man off the dribble and maintain possession of the ball all week. Unable to keep his man out of the lane defensively, Miljenovic's lack of strength and athleticism limited his impact on both ends, and he'll need to continue improving to take the next step in his career.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz1xpTSiIBN
http://www.draftexpress.com

He doesn't seem to be progressing the way I had hoped and many others had hoped

This camp was held this past week btw so VERY recent

BTW: He has also been moved from #1 ranking talent of 93 generation to #9

· Banned
9,219 Posts
Our best big young man is Ristic
Then Musli was supposed to be the next big thing people were talking about him since he was 13

The rest of the players you mentioned are pretty average

Radujlica is a good offensive player but he's horrendous on defense especially against athletic players. Same with most of our current big men except milcic and Musli is a good shot blocker

Erceg was a really talented player big hype but never lived up to it

Besides Teo and Krle we don't really have any star quality in our team and most of these guys are not very motivated hence why so many failed to live up to their full potential

· Banned
9,219 Posts
Ristic is ranked #2 athlete in his generation
He's def one of the most talented and Musli was more dominant because his physical nature was far more advanced than any other player in his he group at that time.
Ristic has all the mechanisms to be a great player. If you see how he moves with and without the ball and his inside scoring is just beautiful
Definitely a kid I am looking forward to seeing play in the future

· Banned
9,219 Posts
Dedovic is good lacks a couple characteristics to take him to next level

We should get wild card every time we don't automatically qualify
I mean look at us we're just that good ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts