Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 671 Posts

· Registered
25,281 Posts
Is there anyone that was part of the last few squads? Marjanovic?

Will be interesting to watch.

More competition at centre now it seems? We definitely need it as I think it was one of main problems last year. In addition to the injuries of course.

I hope we work on our pick and roll defence as that caused us no end of problems.

· Registered
25,281 Posts
Duda has left Olympiakos. No news on him taking over any other clubs.

· Registered
25,281 Posts
It's unbelievable how much we've digressed this year.

This team was expected to improve yet it's just gone backwards.

· Registered
25,281 Posts
Maybe Duda should have let someone else take over? He's obviously still a great coach but something is definitely up!

· Registered
25,281 Posts
This is disgusting.

A disgrace and to think its 10 years to the day that we were world champions.

After 2007...I didn't think it would get any lower...well it just has.

I don't even know who to blame. Duda? The players? The KSS?

· Registered
25,281 Posts
How does a side that was 2nd at Eurobasket in 2009, 4th at the WC in 2010 (at least 2nd but for a corrupt FIBA) go to this in 2 years?

From beating Spain twice, Slovenia, Argentina etc and being an easy lay up away from beating France. Since Savanovic's missed sitter we've just been on a downward spiral and no one can explain why?!?

· Registered
25,281 Posts
And it's not as if this side is old but young and should have improved but they've just sank to lower depths than we've ever been in.

· Registered
25,281 Posts
SO Estonians whooped our ass first at football now at basketball, our nation supposed two most popular sports? I guess tennis is next..

Save to say Holland get's relegated to #2 as our boogie team. :coffee:

I'd be all for the USSR reforming...:D

· Registered
25,281 Posts
We're through and we can breathe a sigh of relief.

We now need to work hard to sort ourselves for next summer.

Apparently we struggled in the 95 qualifiers and needed a win vs Bulgaria to go through? That one worked out well! :D

· Registered
25,281 Posts
Duda gave an interview where he is basically asking for Darko to give him a call and tell him he wants to play.

Let's hope Darko picks up the phone!

· Registered
25,281 Posts
I saw Bjelica's last game in the Euroleague. He was brilliant!

Nedović is getting good minutes too.

· Registered
25,281 Posts
Thought I'd liven up this thread a bit.

7th round of Euroleague Top 16 games being played this week and Teo with yet another great game. 20 points, 7 assists, 4 rebounds and 7/11 shooting. Krstic, Erceg and Micov were all fairly solid too. CSKA dominated Panathinaikos tonight.

Savanovic had 13 points tonight for Efes Pilsen as they beat Real Madrid. He had a good game but could have cost them the game by only hitting 1 of 2 free throws with 11 seconds left.

Bjelica is also in great form and although I've not seen him play Markovic is having a good season in Valencia.

I really think the team could do with Rakocevic's points though, he seems to be much more mature now and he could surely have a role to play in this side because he'd guarantee 15-20 points a game. Duda has been at a few Zvezda games this season so hopefully there's a chance of it happening.

· Registered
25,281 Posts
I think he would Milos. He seems much more mature these days and there is often times where he has played less than 20 minutes a game this season.

With regards to Savovic, I think he came out and suggested that he hasn't even been contacted yet. Thing is there is a lot of competition in that position. You've got Savanovic, Macvan, Velickovic (is back playing in Mega Vizura), Bjelica can play there...Erceg and even Lucic is a possibility. Although Savovic is probably a better rebounder than all these players I'm not sure he is a better overall player.

I think our main problem is who do we rotate Krstic with as we really lack quality centres...we'll probably end up seeing Kosta and Marjanovic there again.

Guess we'll see in the coming months the provisional squad etc.

· Registered
25,281 Posts
Bjelica with dunk of the night:

k--867RvlYQ

As ridiculous as thast was...he also had 15 points shooting 7/8, 2 assists, 7 rebounds and 3 steals. Great all round performance.

Great to see...he's really exploded this season.

· Registered
25,281 Posts
Rakocevic is a shooting guard.

He should never play PG, I get nervous every time he carries the ball for us because he's prone to turning it over under pressure. He's a scorer not a creator.

· Registered
25,281 Posts
Teo was awesome again, this time in Istanbul vs EFES. 26 points, 7 assists and 4 rebounds.

Unfortunately they lost after Erceg missed an open 3 for the tie.

Savanovic had 7 points, 2 rebounds. Only Teo really performed tonight for CSKA and it's probably why they lost. Best player in Europe right now however.

· Registered
25,281 Posts
Rumours on Twitter that Duda will leave the NT after Eurobasket.

· Registered
25,281 Posts
Horrible news:

Teodosic injured himself in CSKA's win v Khimki this weekend and will be out for 2-4 months and will in turn miss Eurobasket.:(

· Registered
25,281 Posts
They've not had a full season in the ABA Liga yet. Not something I'd do.

1 - 20 of 671 Posts