Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting tomorrow in Sweden. normally i know squat about this game but since we're in it i gotta learn it a bit more. :D We are playing Portugal in our opener, have no idea who the rest of our opponents are, but i'll post it here later. ;)

·
Banned
1,415 Posts
Yep I have a feeling it's gonna be a good tournament, tomorrow Yugo's plays its first game against Croatia, always very interesting. ;)

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And Yugo is the defending champion, is that correct?
Who are the main contenders, apart from Israel? :D :howler:

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright, i got our schedule. we're playing with Portugal, Russia and Denmark ( :tongue: ) in group B.

Friday; Portugal - Israel in Helsingborg
Saturday; 15:00; Israel - Russia in Helsingborg
???; 17:00; Denmark - Israel in Helsingborg

More info at the link Maher provided :kiss:

·
International
6,724 Posts
For me, Sweden and France are the favorites. Russia with a good chance too :)

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Definitely the best team we have a chance to beat is Portugal, and we should do it. Russia will be impossible and Denmark is somewhat possible, but don't build on it (though it will be very sweet to do it). The game against Denmark is on Sunday.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Seems like you're very interested in Handball Yoav. :) honestly i guess this sport always seemed nice to me due to the similarities to football, but i never really took an interest. maybe now it's the right time to start.

El El Israel! :strong:

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
I think it's interesting to follow, however I'm not an expert.
However here are some players to watch are Dudi Balsar, Dani Livgot, Harel Moritz, goalie Leonid Doroshenko and Vladimir Zaikman.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dudi Balsar is always the player to watch, especially if you're a girl :flirt: ;) he's a part time model for those who don't know.
Quite amazing really, this sport is really poor in terms of money and yet Hapoel Rishon are always playing in the Champions League and now we have qualified for the European Championship. i think that staying away from the spotlights did only good things to this sport, unlike football, where the pressure is enormous...

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Half Time, and we plain suck. :D 12:6 to Portugal, it was a very bad first half for us, having to wait 12 minutes to score our first goal...hope we'll get better in the 2nd half.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We lost 26:15....the only positive note was the massive support from the fans. oh well, we'd probably go out after the first round but being there is some kind of a victory for an half-amateur side too. :)

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
We lost 26:25 to Russia but this is huge achivment

Russia is the gold medalist from the 2000 olympics and the finalist in the world championships and one of the favorites to win the turnament

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
We lost 29:26 to Denmark, another respectable result, too bad we lost all 3 but there's what to improve from this point. We have to continue to get to European championships.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Yeah, all in all both of these results should be considered as victories for us. we blew up in the first game with Portugal, but managed to repair the wrong impression in the following 2 matches. nothing but respect for the only amateur team at the Championship. :proud:

·
Star Player
3,264 Posts
A good game by the Israeli's. The results today and against Russia are very impressive against well-established handball-nations. And because Israel only lost by one goal to Russia, Denmark will now win the group, having scored a single goal more than Russia in the opening games. :)

It looks a team that can be built on if Israel wants to support them in the coming years. There are some very talented players and maybe in next WC or EC, we will see Israel among the better teams. :)

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
GOLA said:
A good game by the Israeli's. The results today and against Russia are very impressive against well-established handball-nations. And because Israel only lost by one goal to Russia, Denmark will now win the group, having scored a single goal more than Russia in the opening games. :)

It looks a team that can be built on if Israel wants to support them in the coming years. There are some very talented players and maybe in next WC or EC, we will see Israel among the better teams. :)
I hope so
But the Israeli handball is semi-professional

In this turnament some players could prepar propearly because
they were afraid to lose they jobs because of the time they neede 4 training.
Until the Israeli handball won't be a professional one we ouldn't do much in the highest levels.(Still much better then football

:( )

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Denmark are a professinal side while Israel was the only amateur team to attend the Championship. its a great result even though we were on the losing side....:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts