Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Romania - Austria 3-0 in the qualifying round for the World Group playoff!

In the first day, Pavel won against Meltzer, a 20 old, but talented, Austrian player, 3-0 and Voinea won against the best Austrian player 3-1!

Just a few minutes ago, in the double match, Pavel/Trifu won in 5 sets, after losing incredibly a tie-break in the 4th set.

The match took place in Constanta, Pavel's city. Now a demonstrative match is scheduled, between Hagi and Ilie Nastase on one side and Mercea and Tecau, the junior Australian Open finalists, on the other side. Unfortunately, the TV doesn't show it.

·
International
9,682 Posts
Have you seen one of those last balls in the 4th set? Wow, you should tell your nephews about that.

Basically, Trifu, I think, had an easy ball and so he could make sure he scores he made a powerful shot. It was perfect, but the ball hit one Austriac right in his shoe and then returned, touching Trifu and going out!

The commentator said that the ball went into his rocked, but I'm not that sure. I still think it went into his shoe.

HAI PAVEL!

·
Registered
25,665 Posts
Rugby

Romania won 31-23 against Georgia and won the European Cup of Nations!!

We have a good French coach, which has changed our team's play a lot.

here's a photo of one of our players during the game :D :

·
Registered
25,665 Posts
www.ziua.net

Tenismenii coordonati de Florin Segarceanu au invins Austria cu scorul general de 5-0 * Punctul decisiv a fost castigat sambata de dublul Andrei Pavel-Gabriel Trifu, care a dispus de austriecii Meltzer si Knowle cu 3-2 la seturi

Romania 5-0 Austria in the Davis Cup preliminary round, it's the best score we could do :)

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Re: Rugby

Hey Lupi, therugby topic is a good one...Why not open a thread for this. I think we are on our way back to getting to the level we were back in the early 80's (remember when we beat France and Wales). Yep, we should definitely have a Rugby Thread...

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Romanians juniors doubles Wimbledon champs!

Horia Tecau and Florin Mergea have won the juniors doubles Wimbledon!!

They're going to play in the seniors competitions from now on, starting with a futures contest in Bucharest this week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts