Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
He's done it!! Nalbandian who like me is an Argentinean of Armenian origin will play Lleyton Hewitt of Austraila tomorrow in the final.

Nalbandian is only 20 years old and is the first player ever to advance the Wimbledon final on his debut. If he wins tomorrow he'll be the first South American to have advanced to the finals of this tournament since I believe sometime in the fifities.

Nalbandian is from Cordoba in Argentina. A province which I really like.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
I was going to post thread about him but you were faster than me czar:)

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
czar said:

Nalbandian is only 20 years old and is the first player ever to advance the Wimbledon final on his debut. If he wins tomorrow he'll be the first South American to have advanced to the finals of this tournament since I believe sometime in the fifities.

im not sure but i think the last and only time a southamerican got to the final (and also won it) was in 1959, and was a guy from peru. nalbandian is the second southamerican to get to the final match.

tomorrow 10 am of argentina statrs the match.

come on david!!!! kick some aussie :ass:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I hope he can make this forum smile again :)

Go David :D

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hewitt beat Nalbandian in 3 sets. 6-1, 6-3 and 6-2. Hewitt should why he is ranked as No.1 in the world. David had a great tournament and has shown that he is defintely a player to watch out for. He needs to gain more experience and that will come Anyway he is the first player to ever make the final on his debut tournament.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
He still young but his achievement in this tournament was amazing, sure he will have more to come.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
yeah, hewitt showed why he deserves to be the n°1.

david is gonna be between th best 20 from tomorrow.

btw, hewitt can get a girlfriend 100 times prettier than kim clijters. thats what people call love, i suposse.;)

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Well I guess she maybe has a good undercover working experince :D

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
another Argentine, Gabriela Sabatini, was in a final match in 1991, I think.

Anyway, he can only get better and better.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Guillermo Vilas who played back in the seventies and eraly eighties won four grand slam tournaments, including the French Open on two occasions. Sabatini won the US Open in '91.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts