Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear A10,

I downloaded the Inter v Chievo match from the Soccerpulse site and it's in the .nsv format. I've tried looking for converters to a proper format but can't find anything which can do it properly. I've also looked for media players which support nsv but they only play the audio track and don't display the video.

What I'm really trying to say is this:-

SOS!

Au secours!

HELP!

·
Registered
45,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, guys.

A10: Only mplayer works but I can't select which part of the match I want to watch. :cry:

2T: Media player classic can't render the file. :cry: I tried Super but it overblows the file into more than 1 Gig which is just ridiculous. :cry:

Not that I'm complaining but why put the file in such a format? :frustrat:

*LIGHTBULB* A10: do you have a torrent to the Chievo match in a normal format (.mpg, .wmv...)? :hopeful:

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
as for the earlier .nsv,. if you want to try something out...

===============================================
Nsvdec_x264.dll:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/qs9h0b

x264-531 install:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/gvpkv5

FFDshow:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/lxc6zj

1) If you don't have Winamp Media Player, go to www.winamp.com to download. Once you have downloaded and installed Winamp, shut it down completely.

2) Go to "My Computer", click on your C: drive, click on "Program Files", click on "Winamp", click on "Plugins". Place the nsvdec_x264.dll Codec in your Winamp "Plugins" folder.

3) Run x264-531-install.exe file.

4) Run FFDshow file.

5) After you have installed FFDShow, go to your Start menu, highlight "All Programs", highlight FFDshow, and click on VFW Codec Configuration. Once the screen appears, click on "Decoder". Then, go down to where it says H.264, right click on H.264, and then click on "Set all stable formats to libavcodec". Click on "Apply", then "OK".

Follow those instructions, and you will be able to view Winamp/.NSV streams whether they are live or recorded.

========================================================

if its a bit of a hassle, :D... take the .asf, its also FoxSoccer

·
Registered
45,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL. You genius!

I'm actually gonna get the .asf and try the other approach too. Will report back when I'm done.

Thanks, buddy! :proud:

·
Registered
23,834 Posts
Thanks, guys.

A10: Only mplayer works but I can't select which part of the match I want to watch. :cry:

2T: Media player classic can't render the file. :cry: I tried Super but it overblows the file into more than 1 Gig which is just ridiculous. :cry:

Not that I'm complaining but why put the file in such a format? :frustrat:

*LIGHTBULB* A10: do you have a torrent to the Chievo match in a normal format (.mpg, .wmv...)? :hopeful:
About converting it using Super, what was the video-bitrate of the NSV-file and what bitrate did you convert to? Maybe you could have lowered the bitrate on the converted file and gotten it smaller...

NSV is if I'm not mistaken primarily a format used for streaming. So I assume someone has just saved the stream. My guess is that the compression of the file is rather efficient with NSV and therefore suited for streaming.

·
Registered
45,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
About converting it using Super, what was the video-bitrate of the NSV-file and what bitrate did you convert to? Maybe you could have lowered the bitrate on the converted file and gotten it smaller...

NSV is if I'm not mistaken primarily a format used for streaming. So I assume someone has just saved the stream. My guess is that the compression of the file is rather efficient with NSV and therefore suited for streaming.
What should the video bitrate be lowered too? I'm not much of a tech person and can't be arsed to read up on this stuff, which I'm sure is fascinating. :heart: Wow, I think I'm learning the art of sounding like red. :)

A10: Followed your instructions to a "T" but it didn't work on Winamp in the end.

.asf looks like the solution. :hopeful:

·
Registered
23,834 Posts
What should the video bitrate be lowered too? I'm not much of a tech person and can't be arsed to read up on this stuff, which I'm sure is fascinating. :heart: Wow, I think I'm learning the art of sounding like red. :)

A10: Followed your instructions to a "T" but it didn't work on Winamp in the end.

.asf looks like the solution. :hopeful:
I'm not sure. It depends on the quality of the original video and the bitrate of the original video (sometimes the bitrate is way higher than what is necessary and can be lowered significantly without any visible loss of quality). I would put the bitrate as the same or slightly lower than the original NSV-file.

But downloading the asf version seems like less of a hassle.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
ok heres an old trick

try to rename the file putting .avi or wmv instead of nsv

then try playing it with vlc

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Fird, the link 2T provided if you download the FULL package and download also few alternatives, Classic Media Player should do the trick. Just downloaded the Chievo match and my player doesn't to have any problem at all (pausing, skipping fastwarding, etc).

I've got XP full codec pack from the codecs site, perhaps taht should help, my only explanation to this and hope it helps.

Nacka, good post

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
fird, since we are at it, I was told

Download Free Mediacoder>> add file >> play >> you can then view the game...

i have not tried. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts