Xtratime Community banner

who should be 2004 sports personality of the year?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
59,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following on the Beebs one, lets have a poll here! Who would yours be?

Candidates from the Beeb are Andrew Flintoff, Kelly Holmes, Amir Khan, Colin Montgomerie, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Matthew Pinsent, Wayne Rooney, Tanni Grey Thompson (who?! something to do with horses?) and Bradley Wiggins.

For me it'd be between Flint and Kelly Holmes. Freddy Flint basically makes Englands cricket team exciting to watch and whenever he comes to the crease, you can guarantee full houses, not to mention his record. But my vote goes to double gold medal, Kelly Holmes who had her finest hour in the olympics. Great acchievement and imo there can be no other candidate than her to get the trophy!

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Kelly Holmes - Superb achievement at the Olympics.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Kelly Holmes for sure, after all her injuries and she realises her dream, plus she is a Gooner to boot. :D

Freddy will win it next year after he destroys the Aussies next summer. :thmbup:

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
Being so out of it I only knowabout half the list, never heard of the other half :)

Kelly:)

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Matthew Pinsent. Provided great entertainment by blubbing like a little girl. Also something about 4 consecutive gold medals?

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Flintoff for me. Personally I would have doubts about giving it to anyone who who has achieved something in a minority sport unless its a really monumental achievment, but it hasn't stopped them in the past.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
i have to say, i am a bit surprised to see so many people interested in flintoff, i thought cricket is pretty much dead in England (at least to the young ones.)
anyway, i vote for Monti, he has always been my favorite.

·
63,337 Posts
bartle said:
i have to say, i am a bit surprised to see so many people interested in flintoff, i thought cricket is pretty much dead in England (at least to the young ones.)
anyway, i vote for Monti, he has always been my favorite.
yeah Cricket had been eaten up a bit by the football explosion since 1990, but it is still loved by many people, it will get bigger as well with our team playing well and a box office player like Freddy. :thmbup:

·
63,337 Posts
the show starts soon on BBC1, i'll probably watch it as there seems to be not much else on telly tonight.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Kelly won. How did the Ryder Cup boys not win the team competition?

·
63,337 Posts
yes i was amazed the rowers won the team event, let's be honest , who the fuk in Britain is interested in poxy rowing ?

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
StuPid said:
personally I could say the same about golf ;) :eek:
Good point!!! :thmbup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts