Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need advice... :)
I would spend 4 days in Northwest Slovenia, in July.
What cities/places visit? And where spend the night?
I have half a mind to stay overnight in Bovec or Bled (near the lake).

Thanks a lot guyz!! :)

PS: everything, without spend a lot... :tongue:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,926 Posts
Well there are many places you could stay at here in the Nothwest of Slovenija. Of course I'd recomend Bovec!:D Seriously whatever you decide upon should be great. Or when you say you'll be here four days, make it a few days here and a few in Bled.

What to visit? Quite some chances here also. Arround Bovec you should try our wildwater rafting or something related to this (canyoning, hydrospeed), of course Soca river itself is something worth taking a look at. Than there are WW1 front lines from the famous Soška fronta (Isonzo front) that are renewed and offer an interesting perspective on our history. Also Kluže fortress near Bovec, from Napoleon's wars is there and it's agreat thing to visit along with it's dell of the Koritnica river. Than maybe the museum of natural history in Trenta and whille you are there the botanic garden and maybe the Soca spring. And I'm sure there if more.:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,633 Posts
Museum of 1st World War in Kobarid is also something that should not be missed, when you visit northwest Slovenia.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,926 Posts
OAnimal said:
Museum of 1st World War in Kobarid is also something that should not be missed, when you visit northwest Slovenia.
Exactly, you are right. Although I was more into advertising our town than anything else.;) You could also visit one of the private WW1 collections in Bovec if you are interested in this, there are plenty of them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,633 Posts
NZS said:
I have done this many times before . . . but only in my dreams :depress: ;) :)
Don't worry, I didn't climb it either. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,926 Posts
OAnimal said:
Don't worry, I didn't climb it either. :)

:eek: Well, khm, khm, ... me neither!:eek: :eek: I plan to, one day though.:)
It's just that mountains have this strange effect on me - whenever I even look at them I get tired, let alone climbing them.:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,633 Posts
Walter BC said:
:eek: Well, khm, khm, ... me neither!:eek: :eek: I plan to, one day though.:)
I, on the other hand, don't plan to climb it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,926 Posts
OAnimal said:
I, on the other hand, don't plan to climb it.
You know I'm somewhat haunted by that old saying that says - you are not the reall Slovenc if you don't climb Triglav atleast once in your lifetime. I actually fall for that one, so ... I've been preparing to do it for some 15 years now.:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,633 Posts
Walter BC said:
You know I'm somewhat haunted by that old saying that says - you are not the reall Slovenc if you don't climb Triglav atleast once in your lifetime. I actually fall for that one...
Well, I don't fall for this one and this is precisely the reason why I have no desire to go up there. No stupid old saying will judge if I am real Slovene or not. :rollani:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,926 Posts
OAnimal said:
Well, I don't fall for this one and this is precisely the reason why I have no desire to go up there. No stupid old saying will judge if I am real Slovene or not. :rollani:
:rollani: Well it was meant as a joke from me. :D I guess you are right though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,633 Posts
Walter BC said:
:rollani: Well it was meant as a joke from me. :D I guess you are right though.
I know, I was not :rollani: at you, but at that old saying. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,907 Posts
He/She is young as far as I can tell and do tell me people ... how many of you wanted to climb mountains and go to the musems when you were teens?! Please, do her/him a favour and tell them about the really FUN places, where other young people hang around etc ;)

P.S. I can only tell you where to go eat ... 'Kotlar' :lick: in Kobarid and 'Franko' a bit outside of Kobarid.
 
1 - 20 of 85 Posts
Top