Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well, after the oscar best actor, it is time for the best director. (who won the best actor award in the end?)

a good director is a key to success who plays a vary important role to the film.

imo, in the last five years, the best in euro should be among the belows.

cuper (inter fired him probably because they don't get used to good results or love in failure.)
capello (his achievement included bringing us the rare title during the bad days and making roma one of the best under limited resourses.)
wanger (no him no arsenal.)
ferguson (no him no manu too.)
hitzfeld (lead bayern with strong arms.)
robson (successfully oversee his bad guys.)
others (say who. to make the best use of the limited resourses is the only criterion.)

by the way, remind you that razzie best director award has already been awarded to houllier.

p.s. forgot to say for me the best is capello.

D

·
0 Posts
Firenze said:
It has to be Bobby Robson. He took a low-grade club and turned them in to a 'name' club.
what are you on about?? Newcastle a "low grade club"?? NONSENSE.

·
International
9,526 Posts
Firenze said:
It has to be Bobby Robson. He took a low-grade club and turned them in to a 'name' club.
the fact that you had not heard of Newcastle United before Sir Bob turned up, does not infact mean they were a low grade club....

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Doc_Rule said:
what are you on about?? Newcastle a "low grade club"?? NONSENSE.
When was the last time Newcastle played in the CL before Robson took over?

Newcastle are a low-grade club, they always will be, but they are now feared in England because of Robson.

·
Super Moderator
13,714 Posts
Newcastle are a big team that was having a bad period, an extended one though.
Then they were crap under Gullit, Robson arrived with instant success (they won the first game with Robson 8-0 I think).

But it's not like Newcastle was a small team, they justn't didn't succeed anything for a long while before he arrived. They were quite like Inter of today...

....not that bad. ;)

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
I am not sure, but I think it was in 97/98.
And Newcastle finished second in 96 and 97, something that robson still haven't done.
Another thing is Newcastle spent an awful lot of money for a "low-grade club', like breaking the record for the world's most expensive footballer when we bought Shearer in the summer of 1996.;)

·
Super Moderator
13,714 Posts
Demandred said:
I am not sure, but I think it was in 97/98.
And Newcastle finished second in 96 and 97, something that robson still haven't done.
Another thing is Newcastle spent an awful lot of money for a "low-grade club', like breaking the record for the world's most expensive footballer when we bought Shearer in the summer of 1996.;)
I think it was 97/98 too...
They had signed Asprilla for that year and the colombian scored three in a spectacular 3-3 vs. Barça at St. James Park.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
van said:
I think it was 97/98 too...
They had signed Asprilla for that year and the colombian scored three in a spectacular 3-3 vs. Barça at St. James Park.
I remember that game very well, but it was actually a 3-2 win for Newcastle. :)

D

·
0 Posts
Firenze said:

Newcastle are a low-grade club, they always will be, but they are now feared in England because of Robson.
Newcastle came second in back to back years under Keegan and were far more feared under Keegan than they are now.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i would agree with firenze in this aspect. we could imagine without robson newcastle would be much worse. no doubt newcastle was a great team. (i just know little about english football.) but please don't talk about past ages. maybe it is an excuse for their average results now, isn't it?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Porto 's Mourinho :)
made a Good and attractive team with a low budget!

liked the way he celibrated the late winner goal against ManU

1 - 14 of 14 Posts