Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other Basque (or Navarran) pride in La Liga, Osasuna are doing just as bad as Athletic so far...

Things are going bad actually since Aguirre left imo, Kuko Ziganda still hasn't got the team back on track, remember how good they were only few seasons ago... it hurts to see the best Basque teams doing so poor recently.

The problem seems to be goalscoring, look at the results so far;
1. Osasuna - Villarreal 1-1
2. Mallorca - Osasuna 1-1
3. Valencia - Osasuna 1-0
4. Osasuna - Deportivo 0-0
5. Numancia - Osasuna 0-0
6. Osasuna - Racing 0-1

Next one waiting is Gijon, away... already a vital one... best luck to Osasuna, hopefully these two weeks without official matches for the majority of the player are helpfull.

·
Lehendakari
2,025 Posts
I think the problems started when they finished 4th and the likes of Raul Garcia, Cuellar, David Lopez left.

Shame to see Osasuna start badly as well this season, one positive point though; they haven't conceded many goals.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually it was a matter of time, but Ziganda is fired as Osasuna coach...

It was his first job as head-coach, in the league and cup he was quite unsuccesfull, but in the UEFA Cup he reached the semi-final, where Osasuna were unfortunately beaten by Sevilla.

He'll be replaced by Madridista José Antonio Camacho :rollani:

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Actually it was a matter of time, but Ziganda is fired as Osasuna coach...

It was his first job as head-coach, in the league and cup he was quite unsuccesfull, but in the UEFA Cup he reached the semi-final, where Osasuna were unfortunately beaten by Sevilla.

He'll be replaced by Madridista José Antonio Camacho :rollani:
The best thng I can say about him is that I am at unsure about him, nothing exceptional to show as a coach (unless promotion to primera is a great achevement, having a good team) and he is trully a madridista. I am looking forward to see the reaction from Osasuna's fans

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The rojillos are 2-1 up versus Barça :fero:

Gora Osasuna!

Seems after a very heavy start they're going better and better btw.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
They certainly played their hearts out.

Barcelona once again showed why they'll win Primera this year.

Cred to Osasuna though.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Osasuna are 0-1 up in the Bernabeu at the moment... hopefully they'll experience a better end than last week...

Gora Osasuna!

·
Registered
998 Posts
3-1 FT

f*cking disgusting refreeing there...two clear penalties not given and two yellows for Juanfran's "diving" instead :rollani::frustrat:

(btw Knoert you should stop posting while Osasuna is up, you make them lose eventually :pp)

·
Gracies, Turkiye!
19,988 Posts
According to Marca, this should be the table without the ref mistakes:

1 - Barcelona 50 (=)
2 - Valencia 36 (+2)
3 - Real Madrid 35 (-3)
4 - Málaga 35 (+4)
5 - Villarreal 34 (+1)
6 - Sevilla 32 (-6)
7 - Atlético de Madrid 31 (=)
8 - Deportivo de La Coruña 30 (=)
9 - Athletic de Bilbao 27 (+1)
10 - Almería 24 (+3)
11 - Osasuna 24 (+11)
12 - Recreativo de Huelva 21 (+1)
13 - Racing de Santander 20 (-5)
14 - Sporting de Gijón 20 (-4)
15 - Valladolid 20 (-3)
16 - Numancia 20 (=)
17 - Betis 19 (-2)
18 - Espanyol 17 (+2)
19 - Getafe 16 (-5)
20 - Mallorca 14 (=)

Osasuna should have 11 points more :eek:

And Real Madrid 3 less :irritate:
I don't know the formula for this but if the Madrid based Marca are even remotely right.. I hope karma catches up and Osasuna advances through the table in the coming weeks.

·
Lehendakari
2,025 Posts
I think we've had a similar thing done in England before, and to be honest I don't really take these things that seriously. If a team should have been awarded a penalty who's to say they will definitely score it? And how do you compensate when a team avoids getting a definite red card? The game changes completely, it's impossible to predict what would have happened.

It is sad that it seems all the decisions are going against Osasuna, and hopefully they'll start getting some luck soon, but sometimes when you're down there you don't get any luck going your way.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
There luck could very well change in tonights game. Absolutely atrocious winds in the Valencia region and much of Spain. If it keeps up it will surely effect Villareals technical game and allow Osasuna to take advantage of the aerial threat and directness of Pandiani and Nekounam respectively.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Osasuna has beaten Valencia 1-0 at Reyno de Navarra and got out of the relegation zone for the first time in a long long time :thumbsup:

·
Lehendakari
2,025 Posts
Good result and some impressive recent form from Osasuna.

Without wanting to jinx them I feel they have a good chances of staying up (especially if they keep up their current form).

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Saw this game live in the pub :D, the pitch was horrible but the victory well deserved! Also I think Osasuna will stay up, they just have too much quality.

(I was the only one cheering in the pub when Flaño scored, hehe)

Gora Osasuna!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts