Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEHEHE... I'm sorry 'pool, but that Sunderland offense line-up really craks me up :). Am I the only one who thinks Ortega looks out of place among Summersbe, Mcaan, Schwarz and NIAL QUINN :) :) :) :) ?

Anyway- I totally agree with AMO on the Ortega profile, and just as much with Petter that he's not Juve material.
And yes- O'Neill looks to be a good deal.

Ciao.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Sunderland needs badly 4 players...two defenders one right midfielder and one attacking midfielder...

_________Sorensen__________
_____Bould____Thatcher______
Cunningham_____________Gray
__________Schwarz_________
Alexandersson________McCann
___________Ortega__________
_____Phillips______Quinn_____

Decent team! Sheffield Wednesday and Wimbledon are going down so Alexandersson,Thatcher and Cunningham would come in cut prices.

Alexandersson for £3
Cunnigham for £2,5
Thatcher for £4
and Ortega for about £10

well Reid has £25 to spend and its the right time to do it...

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Sunderland are bidding for Siyabonga Nomvete apparently. The rumour seems pretty solid and could spell the end for Quinn.
Remember he has also bought Nunez and Kilbane recently as well so his spending pot is looking very small at the moment.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Ortega is leaving Parma for sure in the summer. If Juve wanted a player who can be a top playmaker or striker, he is the man. juve should bid for him.

------------------
CUG

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
I think he plays the same position as Zidane, so if he does he surely won't be heading here. O'neill is going to be our backup playmaker anyway.

------------------
Forza 1) JUVE 2) Chelsea 3) Valencia

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Ortega is NOT a play-maker and will never be and he DOES NOT play the same position as Zidane.First hand experience... :(

------------------

P

·
0 Posts
Isnt Ortega abit too much of an individual to play for Juve, I mean you have Inzaghi, the team is not big enough for two such big-headed players.... :)

Hey, Is O'neill playing for Juve next year?

That is a great deal for you, I must say...

------------------
Forza Lazio

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Amo - what is Ortega if he is not a playmaker?

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
He plays in a position that exists only in the argentinian national team.He is too tiny for a striker,too slefish for a play-maker and too attacking for a winger...you just have to give him the ball and let him do whatever he wants.Well,no team can do that unless they have Veron and Redondo to support him and defend.Thats why he failed at Valencia,he failed at Sambdoria,he failed at Parma but he is always succesful at Argentina.I wish we could give him his best role and have him rocking but its just not possible...

He should try England in my opinion.

------------------

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Ahhh - you see the problem I have is that I've only really seen him at International level. Parma don't play him, didn't have sky when he was at Valencia and thought he did well at Samp when Platt took over.
Chelsea will probably bid for him then. When is he 30??

·
Registered
220 Posts
ortega is a good dribbler, but he himself might not be knowing, where does he fit, assist or striker role.
in my view, he is fit in splitting defence and making dangerous move in the attack. good free kick and goal scorer, but does not show when it is required.
he scored 2 goals today against venezia.
can try EPL.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Who would have him in the EPL that he would go to??
Liverpool - we could drop Smicer play him behind the front two and have three in central midfield but nah....don't think so.
Leeds - have money to spend but would he go there??
Man U - no way.
Arsenal - don't think Wenger will like him as he likes team players.
Chelsea - he's not 30 yet.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Sunderland!!!

If they can afford him (and they can) he would be a GOD there.Its better playing for a good team in PL than going back to Argentina (and sunderland with him would rock)

------------------

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
You like Sunderland don't you Amo??

Would he go there though? I mean Reid has been pretty strict with wages in the past i.e. Allan Johnsten. I don't feel that they have replaced him though.
Another question is do they have the money?

Sumerbee___Schwarz___Mcaan

__________Ortega

_______Phillips__Quinn

Not bad.

Also how did you get that flower thing??

U

·
0 Posts
haha, so hard to picture Ortega playing in the EPL, especially in Sunderland.
(anything can happen though)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts