Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I actually feel sorry for the guy. He's a brilliant footballer but didn't get the chance to prove it in Italy. I know that we must sell him and that he is the wrong player for us but I still wonder at times how good we could be if we played like Argentina and using Ortega like we should. But then again, it's dangerous for a club team to get too dependant on one player. What should we do if Ariel gets injured? There's noone quite like him. Ah, well... Off to the story...

Ortega set to leave Parma
Ariel Ortega will probably leave Italy at the end of the season: after an year spent with Sampdoria and another one with Parma he was rather clear in an interview to 'El Grafico'.

"Well if this must be the situation, and if there are not plans to make it different, I prefer Parma decides to sell me to another club! I have just one will, to play!" Ortega said.

He added "I think in Italy they never were able to understand me. But I have to add the Italian are rather strange: take Roberto Baggio, Inter leave him each week on the bench! Well I have to say it's really hard to figure out how Italians think!"

Ortega was bought from Sampdoria last summer for 28 billion lire (euros 14.5m). He did must replace Juan Sebastian Veron in the Malesani's board. In fact he was more accustomed to play behind two forwards than the actual Lazio's midfielder. But the season of Parma started very bad and this didn't help Ortega at all. Several times he was pointed out as scapegoat.

In the actual season he just collected 18 appearances and scored three goals. And it's more than a month he don't play a match. There are good chances he could come back in Argentina, maybe even in River Plate, his former team.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
i hope someone in italy buys him and plays him in the right position to show his great skills because parma was really unfair to him this year.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I wish him good luck & but felt sorry for that guy.Hope he still can stay in Serie-A or go back to Valencia.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
wasn't napoli going to buy him on loan?

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Ortega is a brilliant footballer and deserves a chance with a club like Milan or Juve. If Lazio want a playmaker and can't get Rivaldo then Ortega is the go. Especially if they have Veron, Alymeda, Simeone and Lopez. Anyway, there is always room for him at Juve, especially since O'Neill will probably be in jail next season. Del Piero, Ortega and Zidane as a trio is mad. Won't work though.

------------------
CUG

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well CUG, Parma IS a "club like Juventus or Milan", at least when it comes to quality and performances on the pitch. So go back to where you came from, which undoubtly would be the "England" section of Xtratime...

------------------
Hear the triumphal march of Parma!

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What in earth are you talking about nasty nick?

P

·
0 Posts
Orgeta better goes to a place --- xxll

if he won't go there... no place he can go.

------------------
FORZA! PARMA!

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
i agree with verdi,parma is a huge club a can have all the players they want.
if we want we can buy the whole arsenal team but we won't cause we don't like wenger and co.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Verdi you W*ANKER, i am a juve supporter, i have been since i was four years old which was 15 years ago. I hate England and its soccer, it is pathetic and is full of washed players like ex Parma players such as Zola. Now, if you say Parma are just as big as Juve and Milan, why don't you win like them. Don't say the refs favor juve either, its getting old now. So you and your crap team should go back to where you came from. You have all your top players on bench, Ortega, Di Vaio and Vanoli. Shut your mouth.

------------------
CUG

·
Registered
13,139 Posts
It's funny to see Ortega pointing out the Baggio situation, as both players are very seriously rumored to be heading to Napoli next year, providing the club returns to Serie A, a very likely scenario. Perhaps Ortega and Baggio will compliment each other well. Ortega will allow Baggio to do the dribbling, and Baggio will teach Ortega how to pass.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Don't think WE would lone out such a expensive player, better sell him now so we can get more money if we demote him to a struggeling club(napoli isn't even up) he'll be worth not as much anymore, also don't sell him to a Serie A club just like Baggio we won't wan't to strengten our rivals in case they get better.
Spain would be the best solution for Ariel but not Valencia because it's not good for a out of favor player to play for an ex-club because if he doesn't me it there he will never make it again in Europe's top level.
Maby clubs like Deportivo, Zaragoza, Mallorca or Celta would be better for him.
Baggio should go to Chelsea or maby to a little Serie A club(not Napoli), he can leave under a bosman so we will lose him.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
All the very best to Ortega. It is such a shame, that he didn't fit in to Parma's long term plans!! He has been a great performer for Argentina. Let's hope that at 26 he'll be able to duplicate the quality of football that he has serviced Argentina with at his future club.

Suerte Ariel !! Viejo No Mas!!

[This message has been edited by czar (edited 09-05-2000).]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts