Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

As a Fenerbahce (Istanbul, Turkiye) supporter, I am so happy to announce that my club has finally agreed with River Plate for Ortega's transfer.

This is the biggest transfer in Turkish soccer history.

Next year, Ortega will wear yellow-navy jerseys and will play in front of 52,000 supporters in our stadium.

And we are waiting for Almeyda, too.

This is the official site of Fenerbahce:

http://www.fenerbahce.org/en/

Ortega Transfer Completed
Date : 23.05.2002
Fenerbahce Sports Club's transfer move for Ariel Ortega has come to a conclusion. Director Ali Yildirim's talks with Argentine club River Plate for three days have come to a happy ending as we've purchased the remaining %50 of Ortega's contract from this club. The other %50 had already been purchased from Italian side Parma.

Briefly, Ortega's contract will be paid for within three years, coming to a fee of $7.5 million. We've already agreed terms with Ortega and a contract will be signed with him in the next few days.

Ortega's transfer to Fenerbahce has occupied Argentina's agenda for a month. In today's press conference for River Plate's new manager, members of the press stated that "Fenerbahce have signed the world's best player after Maradona." River Plate's fans are in deep sadness with this transfer.

Talks for Almeyda are ongoing. The result of these talks will be announced to all Fenerbahce fans as soon as it happens.

Regards,

FENERBAHÇE SPORTS CLUB
Board of Directors

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
I hope he does well. He didn't have a good experience in Italy, but he's more mature now and should be able to handle it.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Good luck to your team, funny how Ortega being an ex river player will play in a team that has the same colours that Boca Juniors has...(Yellow and Blue)

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
i heard a rumour that fenerbache will negotiate ortega to another club. dont know if its true or not, just a rumour.

if he finally goes to fener, argie media will start giving a better coverage on turkish football.

Fener1907- is ortega the first argie to play in turkey???

·
Registered
56 Posts
batigold said:
i heard a rumour that fenerbache will negotiate ortega to another club. dont know if its true or not, just a rumour.

if he finally goes to fener, argie media will start giving a better coverage on turkish football.

Fener1907- is ortega the first argie to play in turkey???
No, I remember years ago some guy named Nartallo had played in Turkey for Besiktas.

Also, the rumor you have heard is wrong. Fener is trying to build a solid team to compete for CL for the next seasons. The club is also working on getting Almeyda (which I can't wait to see). The negotiations are ongoing for that transfer.

Ok, you hear it first here. According to strong rumors within the club circles (even the press don't know about this yet), there are also negotiations ongoing for Batistuta. It's kept as a secret. But Fener president wants the Argentine trio.

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
It will be interesting to see how Ortega develops under Fener coach Lorant.
Lorant is behaving like a big dictator - he doesn't tolerate any other opion than his own and he often had problems with star player in Munich when he coached 1860.
If Ortega is smart, he will keep his mouth shut or he will find himself watching the Fener games from a seat in the stadium....
IMHO, Lorant is a complete idiot, although it was always entertaining to watch him jumping around in wild anger at the sideline in bundesliga matches ... :D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Tegtmeier said:
It will be interesting to see how Ortega develops under Fener coach Lorant.
Lorant is behaving like a big dictator - he doesn't tolerate any other opion than his own and he often had problems with star player in Munich when he coached 1860.
If Ortega is smart, he will keep his mouth shut or he will find himself watching the Fener games from a seat in the stadium....
IMHO, Lorant is a complete idiot, although it was always entertaining to watch him jumping around in wild anger at the sideline in bundesliga matches ... :D

He knows well that he can't do the same with Fenerbahce. Anyhow, I like his sense of fairness and discipline, so far. He doesn't seem to care much about big names but the ones who work hard. We'll see.

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Yeah, I have noticed the same thing with Lorant. But if Ortega complains about his situation, or is vocal in his criticism, the most talented player on the entire squad might not play for us, even in the CL.

I hope he can show his best abilities with us...we could be unstoppable.:devil:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ortega IS a RIVER PLATE Player

ARIEL ARNALDO ORTEGA [/B] , current player of RIVER PLATE, ISNT A FENERBACHE PLAYER, I dont know where do you obtain this info but it is flase.
It's true that the Fenerbache is interesed, but Ortega have a contract and not finished.
I think Ortega is searching for playing in a big soccer coutry like Italy and Spain...(again)
Best Regards, for any River Plate News just visit my site.. Thanks. Juan.
SupeRiver.com.ar

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ortega IS a RIVER PLATE Player

ARIEL ARNALDO ORTEGA, current player of RIVER PLATE, ISN'T A FENERBACHE PLAYER, I dont know where do you obtain this info but it is flase.
It's true that the Fenerbache is interesed, but Ortega have a contract and not finished.
I think Ortega is searching for playing in a big soccer coutry like Italy and Spain...(again)
Best Regards, for any River Plate News just visit my site.. Thanks. Juan.
SupeRiver.com.ar
:D

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Antonio Caliendo, representative of Ariel Ortega, assured that the player did not sign anything and therefore he is not player of the Turkish team.
He said that they offered 7.5 millions and they are thinking about the offer.

Antonio Caliendo, representante de Ariel Ortega, aseguró que el "Burrito" no firmó nada y por lo tanto no es jugador del equipo turco.

“Que se hayan puesto de acuerdo el Parma, River (dueños del pase en partes iguales) y el Fenerbahce, no significa que Ariel juegue para el equipo turco en los próximos años”, explicó.

La página oficial del Fenerbahce dio por cerrada la transferencia por 7,5 millones de dólares.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Fenerbahce buys Ortega from River Plate

ISTANBUL (Reuters) -- Fenerbahce have bought Argentina international Ariel Ortega from River Plate for US$7.5 million in one of Turkish soccer's biggest transfers.

The Istanbul side said it had also paid an undisclosed fee to Italy's Parma who still have an interest in midfielder Ortega, now preparing for the World Cup.

"We've already agreed terms with Ortega and a contract will be signed with him in the next few days," the club said in a statement.

The statement compared Ortega to Diego Maradona. "River Plate fans are in deep sadness at this transfer," it said.

Newspaper reports said Fenerbahce, coached by Germany's Werner Lorant, had paid US$2.5 million to Parma which would mean the club has forked out a total of US$10 million for the player.

If the reports are accurate it would be the second biggest transfer to a Turkish side after striker Mario Jardel's move to Galatasaray,

Fenerbahce finished second in the Turkish league last season and will play in next season's Champions League. It lost all its matches in the tournament last season.

here's the link:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/news/2002/05/24/WORLD-ORTEGA/

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ortega agrees four-year Fenerbahce deal

Thursday 23rd May 2002

Argentina playmaker Ariel Ortega will sign a four-year deal with Fenerbahce because he failed to secure a move to the Premiership.

"All I am saying is that if I could have chosen I would have preferred to play in England," he said. "People claim I didn't really want to go to Fener but it's not true.

"It has also been said that I won't adapt to Turkish football. But from what I know the ball is round like it is in other countries. There is no problem as long as everything is signed as it should be."

Ortega, who will earn £1.6 million a season, was joint owned by Parma and River Plate but both clubs agreed to sell their share of the midfielder to the Turkish giants, who play in the Champions' League next season following their second-place league finish.

Fener president Aziz Yilardim has reached an agreement with River chief Jose Maria Aguilar to purchase half of Ortega's playing rights for £3.5 million. Parma were willing to sell their share for £1.8 million.

The 28-year-old, nicknamed the Little Donkey, re-joined River in 2000 after a season with Parma.

"What I want to tell River fans is that I aim to play three more years in Europe before finishing my career at the Monumental stadium," he added. "It's well-known that the club can't afford to pay my wages so this is best for everyone.

"I don't care that Fener's colours are similar to those of Boca Juniors. Everybody knows I am a River fan. I don't have any problem wearing Boca colours as I know I will never play for them."

·
Registered
271 Posts
Ok, it seems done and dusted.

Drinking some turkish beer to celebrate and wish Ortega the best of luck in the turkish league ;).

·
Registered
271 Posts
"All I am saying is that if I could have chosen I would have preferred to play in England," he said. "People claim I didn't really want to go to Fener but it's not true.
I can't believe southampton weren't interested. :tongue:

·
Registered
5 Posts
The time will tell the true

Only the time will tell if Orteguita signs for Fenrebache...I live in argentina and I know very much these kind of offers.... All are lies...just want to others clubs buy Ortega...
Remeber me!!! ORTEGA ISNT A FENERBACHE PLAYER and NOBODY BUYS HIM NOW,
May be after the world cup..but my contacts on the River Plate Comission dont tell me that transfer, so I dont believe these news from Reuters.....
www.superiver.com.ar

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Ortega is a great player, but he needs to control his temper, and needs to play more like a team player, and he could succeed in europe.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Nothing Has Been Signed With Fenerbahce, Insists Ortega
News Archive

Future uncertain...Ortega in action for Argentina (AP)
05/27/2002. Argentina ace Ariel Ortega has put what was thought to be a confirmed move to Fenerbahce in doubt by insisting that the alleged 7 million € deal has not been completed.

"I know the press in Turkey and Buenos Aires are saying the transfer has been done, but that is wrong," said the hyper-talented River Plate playmaker, who is co-owned by Italian side AS Parma.

"Nothing has been signed, so the transfer hasn't been done," the 28-year-old added. "I can only say there is a chance it will go ahead."

Ortega's agent Pablo Cosentino cleared up some of the confusion by commenting: "I know Fenerbahce have reached agreement with River and Parma, but that doesn't mean we are going to accept it.

"I have to look for a better contract for Ortega and that would be in England, the country where he wishes to play," he tellingly added. "Now Ariel is in Japan and nothing can be done until Argentina finish with the World Cup."

soccerage

1 - 20 of 22 Posts