Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Again this match doesn't really mean anything, however it's not meh as it's on a big stage.

I'm expecting Drogba and Kezman to start upfront maybe with Joe Cole.

I think we'll knick it

1-2

(Kezman 2) :D

·
Registered
105 Posts
looooooooooooool kezman king pen & crossbar :happy: :happy:
3-1 J.Terry.3 goals :):)
Quaresma.1

Quaresma.Quaresma.Quaresma.Quaresma.Quaresma The
Quaresma.Quaresma.Quaresma.Quaresma.Quaresma BesT
Quaresma.Quaresma.Quaresma.Quaresma.Quaresma in
Quaresma.Quaresma.Quaresma.Quaresma.Quaresma Porto
Quaresma.Quaresma.Quaresma.Quaresma.Quaresma :):)

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
If Kezman plays, I believe he will score, he went through a goal scoring drought with PSV in Europe before last season and then scored 6 in 6 soon as he got his first. Hopefully he'll do the same when we play Spain in March after scoring a great goal vs Belgium in our last qualifier.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Kezman will need to score from open play to get that confidence, I still don't think that penalty will kick-start his scoring form as everyone else has been saying.

And what's with 'OPorto'? I dont get it :confused:

·
Registered
17,508 Posts
with arsenal on sunday i dont think drogba or terry will be played..i expected to see kezman and joe cole with robben & duff playing one half each..

result 1-0 , dont know to whom thou..

·
Registered
59 Posts
Pablo said:
Kezman will need to score from open play to get that confidence, I still don't think that penalty will kick-start his scoring form as everyone else has been saying.

And what's with 'OPorto'? I dont get it :confused:

I think it's just a typo :undecide:

·
Registered
607 Posts
doesn't mean much for chelsea but it could mean surviving for porto, the problem is we have to many young players, as good as they are they are unpredictable, diego, quaresma, alberto, fabiano and a few others, if they play well we will give you a good game if they dont we are ****ed since only a win will do, i hope for a narrow win,
2-1, and a psg loss or draw, benni will probably get the goals.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
the portuguese name of the city is simply Porto, but in countries like spain and england, i know they call Porto, Oporto...

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Mourinho keen to knock out Porto

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho wants to end former club Porto's Champions League bid and will be unfazed if he is given an unwelcome reception in Portugal.

Porto fans spat on Mourinho when the two sides met at Stamford Bridge and he is likely to face more hostility.

He is now more determined to prevent Porto gaining the win they need to have a chance of progressing on Tuesday.

He said: "I don't even want Porto to qualify. Whoever comes second should do so because they deserve it."

For their part, Porto insist they have no plans to make special security arrangements for Mourinho.

However, Mourinho has been given permission by Uefa to send assistant Steve Clarke to Monday's pre-match news conference and will be accompanied by six bodyguards.

But a Porto spokesman said: "It's a match like any other."

Mourinho guided Porto to the Champions League title with victory over Monaco in May.

But he claimed that he received death threats before the final from fans angry at his impending move to Chelsea.
He takes Chelsea to Portugal knowing he could be the one to engineer Porto's exit from the competition.

The Premiership leaders have already qualified as Group H winners but Porto need to win and hope that Paris St Germain do not beat CSKA Moscow to be assured of joining them.

If Porto are knocked out, it will be the first time the defending champions have failed to reach at least the quarter-finals the following season.

"We want to win every game and this one is no different. We will be going there to try to win," said Clarke.

"We want to finish top of the group."

bbc.co.uk
------------------------------------------------------------
What do you guys think of this??
Seems as though porto doesnt seem to hold much of a place in his heart.

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Balakov10 said:
the portuguese name of the city is simply Porto, but in countries like spain and england, i know they call Porto, Oporto...

Why would they do that?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts