Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we just have entered the second half of the season at Inter and I would like to get the views and thoughts of my fellow Interista and others on how we have done so far this season and how Mancio has influenced this Inter team.

IMHO I think we can take a lot of postives from the first season of the season so far, first and for most we are still unbeaten in all competitions even with the lack of wins (Just 11 in 25 competitive games we have play this season) but it is still a remarkable effort :star:.

The second postive we can take is the re-birth of an attacking Inter, thank you Mancio :thmbup:. Despite a few hiccups in defensive, the attacking game Inter have adopted looks like its on the right track.

finally to is our galaticos: Adriano. Since returning home he has been our best player by far: scoring for fun, imposing himself and scaring the heck out of opposing defences and just doing so much to aid Inter's cause.

On to Mancio, when he was first mentioned as an Inter coach a few years back. I was happy as from what I had seen in his brief managerial career first at Fiorentina then at Lazio is that his teams express themselves a little reminisances of how Mancio was as a player himself. As time wore on as he got closer to us I was a little concerned how he would cope at Inter, especially with the reputation we have with managers :sigh:. But since coming to Inter, I have been very impressed with the Doria legend and may he continue to improve us and belong long we will be looking at our shinny 14th lo scudetto and maybe even a CL trophy.

Whats your thoughts?

FORZA INTER!

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Squad:

Goalkeepers:

Fabian Carini- Uruguay- 25 years old- I am personally very impressed by this transfer from Juventus in exchange for Fabio Cannavaro. In his one start and his other sub appearance for Toldo’s red card, he played very well and even stopped a penalty. He showed impressive skills in handling corners and balls into the box which I feel can only improve with time. Buy a goalkeeper for the future? I think not! Fabian is the future!

Alex Cordaz- Italy- 22 years old- Not much playing time this year. Cannot comment on his status except that it seems that Carini has taken a step over him in the pecking order.

Alberto Fontana- Italy- 37 years old- Great veteran on our team. Played very well in his starts this season. At first, it seemed as if he was the new starter, however, as games wore on, we saw he had weaknesses as well. At the end, Toldo returned to take his starting spot, and we all knew that Fontana was a good backup that we could rely on in the big games we have yet to play down the road.

Francesco Toldo- Italy- 33 years old- Showed he was a leader for Inter by giving up his spot in the Italian NT at the beginning of the season. However, his bad form from last season continued very much into this season until he was benched. He came back and played some good games, and lately, he has been pretty solid though not tested much. However, I am of the personal belief that Toldo will be back to his best and that his bad form was partially a result of very bad defense in the beginning of the season.

Defenders:

Nicolas Andres Burdisso- Argentina- 23 years old- Our big defensive pickup of the year, he gave up a silly goal in one of his first few games in the Serie A. However, he has shown to be a versatile player who is not all that fast, not all that good at positioning himself, but always seems to be the right man in the right spot at the right time, as I recall him clearing away countless goalline clearances and balls in the box. He seems to be kicking the ball as hard as he can though a little too much, and not taking it out of defense smoothly. There are many aspects of his game that can be improved, but I have to say that I think we have a gem here which if we cultivate the right way, will grow into a good player one day.

Francesco Coco- Italy- 27 years old- Spent much of the preseason testing himself out. He played a few games, showed a little of that old runs down the left flank, and even played right back. However, his defense was shaky and it was best that Coco took the entire first half off to make sure he is right and ready to return to action in the new year to solve our LB problems.

Ivan Ramiro Cordoba- Colombia- A very fast defender who has gotten his fair share of criticism this season. In the past, he has been blamed for not being in a good position and having the speed to get out of his debacles most of the times. However, in the first few games of the season, he really let those positioning problems show. I was one of his biggest critics. However, since then, he has settled down and I think he is back to being a great defender in our team.

Giuseppe Favalli- Italy- 32 years old- Our LB pickup for the season, and I’m personally very disappointed in him. His defense is solid. His offense is lacking. Simple. In addition, as we have seen him more and more, his defense is actually faulty, in that there are certain times where he misses tackles and lets his winger penetrate deep into the left flank. If he were to go up against any world class right winger, God Have Mercy on Inter!

Carlos Alberto Gamarra- Paraguay- 33 years old- Our mystery of the season. We were going to let him go as a free agent but then Cannavaro left. We quickly signed him on as a reserve/backup. However, he has not featured b/c of an injury suffered in the Copa America or international friendlies. He is still getting back to form. My big complaint is that he was awesome in the Copa, stopping Adriano and the best of the South American attackers including Fabiano. He should be given more of a chance b/c he can do better.

Marco Materazzi- Italy- 31 years old- Much to the chagrin of Italy supporters all over, he was selected to the Italian NT quite a lot this year and even captained his first game. However, at Inter, Marco has been a shadow of his normal self. He needs to better position himself, which is what he is best at, and negate the lack of speed he always had. He also needs to lead the defense better, and so in a way it’s his fault that the defense played so poorly. He scored a goal in his first 2005 game, and lets hope he gets back to solid defense and occasional set piece goals.

Sinisa Mihajlovic- Serbia and Monetenegro- 35 years old- I didn’t like the guy when he came. I didn’t like him when he started over others. I especially didn’t like him when he gave up two goals to Chievo. However, I like him now. He is solid in defense, our new Materazzi, who actually contributes a lot to the offensive side of the ball with his set pieces, sometimes our only offense in the game. He is getting better at defending and is not outrightly a villain anymore in our backline. Lets hope he continues the okay/good play!

Giovanni Pasquale- Italy- 22 years old- A wonderkid under Cuper and has fallen steeply under Zac and Mancio. He isn’t worth my time, as he has shown nothing good at all. He looks lost and lost and more lost out on the field, even as a substitute.

Javier Zanetti- Argentina- 31 years old- Tough season for Javier Zanetti in which several controversies came up. First, he almost got his captaincy taken away, but now he has it for good. Second, he didn’t start a lot, but now we know he was only being rested and that he is starting for good now. Thirdly, he had to play left back a lot, but that was largely unsuccessful and he is back to the right side. Now, he is back to his normal form after an early season down form, I have to say and most will agree with me. IL CAPITANO will lift the trophy in May 2005 at the CL FINAL and we will celebrate!

Ferreira Jose’Marcelo Ze Maria- Brazil- 31 years old- I think after an early season in which he was started a lot, we found out he is not that great defensively, which is very true. We also found out his crosses, which were once marveled upon, are not that accurate either. He needed to improve his offensive game esp. crossing a lot to stay in the first team, and he didn’t. His defense didn’t improve either. After an injury, he was relegated to the bench where he happily stays there today along with Karagounis, Gamarra, Kily and the rest of the peanut gallery.

Midfielders:

Nicola Beati-
Italy- 21 years old- Not much action. Good play in friendlies/preseason however. Can be a star in the future, cannot comment further.

Esteban Matias Cambiasso- Argentina- 24 years old- Our star of the year. Our pickup of the year. Almost no bad performances at all. He is solid at defense, tackling, and creating play and passing. He is our gold this year. And should be a regular starter in every single game. He can change the complexity of a game and the performance of the midfield.

Edgar Davids- Holland- 31 years old- Should have been a star in the midfield for us. However, b/c of injuries/excess of players, he has not been given many chances and when he has he has failed. He played well against Juventus in my opinion but even in that game he was nonexistent for long times. He just seems to not be able to cleanly tackle and wants to take the ball on long runs like he once used to, except this time it leads to nothing. I say we swap him for a good defender come the winter transfer market.

Emre Belozoglu- Turkey- 24 years old- A star for us in years past, he has been relegated to the bench for much of this first half by Mancio. Called a crime by many, he has shown that he is deserving of a place in the first team by always coming on and doing a great job of tackling and creating offensive play. He is an excellent player with two way potential and hopefully Mancio will realize this.

Giorgos Karagounis- Greece- 27 years old- After an excellent Euros, we expected him to come back and do great for us. Too bad Mancini was busy sunbathing with Vieri instead of watching the Euros. He has spent his time in the reserves at Pinetina and has only featured a few times, and doing poorly, not that I blame him, for being asked to come on in such few times with no consistency.

Kily Gonzalez Cristian Alberto Peret- Argentina- 30 years old- After an excellent Copa America, I was convinced he was going to be a great player for us. Unfortunately, an injury hit him and he is still recovering from it. A left winger is needed badly and let’s hope he or another LW can make it back soon.

Mario Rebecchi- Italy- 21 years old- Called a crime by many, he was not featured in our LW plans this season. Not sure where he is now, but I guess he was called back from Parma. He spends his time in the reserves.

Dejan Stankovic- Serbia and Montenegro- 26 years old- After an excellent couple of games to start the season, Stankovic has only gotten worse. He was an excellent player in the first half of the first half, but then he seemed to have lost it. Nowadays, I go into games not expecting much from Stankovic except to be virtually absent with no presence on the field. Mabye he needs to be put back into his CM position.

Andy Van der Meyde- Holland- 25 years old- He placed very well this season at times, and at other times, he has not placed well at all. I guess this is the story of Andy’s career. Inconsistent performances. Mancio seems to like him though, and wants to continue to play him on a time to time basis and Andy will give his all, giving us bad and good performances. However, I think that once he has regained his form, as he did this season, he should not be sold as he can only get better. I also think he is one of the few players who has shown a little disgust on the sidelines at not playing.

Juan Sebastian Veron- Argentina- 29 years old- A pickup that was called our playmaker, he has not shown to expectations. I see flashes of brilliance here and there with nice passes, but a lot of the times his passes are intercepted and he is dispossessed easily. I have two points to make about him. He is not that dangerous as a playmaker. Also, he is extremely slow and does not help our otherwise fast midfield in that he slows down attacks and lets defenses recoup. A third point I want to add is that Veron is injury prone and has missed time already this year. Moreover, he is a liability because he cannot defend at all. Having Veron and Stankovic in the same midfield might be too vulnerable to attacks.

Cristiano Zanetti- Italy- 27 years old- After an Italy Euro experience that even had Inter Italia fans calling for his head, he came back to camp with an injury and missed a significant part of the season. However, he then came back to play and showed he is pretty much the same player as he always was. A few points, however. One, he is much more solid defensively than in years past, and I think he can really control a game from a DM standpoint. Secondly, his offense is nothing special but he did have a few instances this year where he made a very nice long ball or pass to an attacker. Let’s hope he can continue the good DM play. (and note DM)

Forwards:

Adriano Leite Ribeiro-
Brazil- 22 years old- Our offensive MVP and our big goal scorer this season. He has made something out of nothing many times this year. Moreover, he has scored numerous goals including an end to end goal like Weah back in the day. A few things. I think he needs to be served better closer to the middle and not near the flanks. Also, he needs to be less selfish and more aware of open players, and so, not take on four guys at once but try to give it up to an open player like Stankovic. Thirdly, his missed penaltlies trouble me, but I think at the end, he is our best forward and a youth prodigy and he will score many many many more goals to come.

Lampros Choutos- Greece- 25 years old- Why was he bought? No one knows. Maybe Moratti thought Choutos was a codename for Ronaldo or something, but I guess he knows his mistake now. A nice reserve who gets a nice salary from us for doing nothing.

Julio Ricardo Cruz- Argentina- 30 years old- A good backup for us this season, doing well in his *limited* appearances. He has not been that consistent, however. Usually he performs to the quality of the general team performance that day. I think he and Inter know he is too good as a backup here, and though a great individual with good morality and team feelings, he will be sold to start somewhere soon.

Obafemi Martins- Nigeria- 20 years old- I think Martins is our future. He did very well in certain games this year, and did okay in others. I don’t think he had any bad games, though he had a few games where he and Adriano didn’t work out too well. They were not too compatible. But lets hope that changes in the future. His speed opens up the game a lot, and he is working on his passing. I like his mentality of running like hell though, and passing to open players when he has the chance. Let’s hope his finishing ability, which took a hit this first half, improves as well.

Alvaro Recoba- Uruguay- 28 years old- He has been given chance after chance after chance. Injuries has limited him, and so has benchings. I don’t know what his deal is. He did well for us in the beginning, but then he got an injury and was shadowed out of play. He had fights with Mancio, did well in the Roma game, but who knows? How many chances does he need? I don’t know and I want to see more of him this second half to FINALLY make a decision on whether he stays or goes. I would personally want him out b/c he can make magic happen once in five games but why waste the other four if we could get a player that plays above average in all four? Lets not forget his inconsistent play this year.

Christian Vieri- Italy- 31 years old- Horrible player who was suffering from an injury the entire first half of the season. He missed chance after chance after chance. He screwed entire games up, as Adriano was serving him and he was serving it to the goalie or the crowd above the goal or the linesman to the right or left of the post. However, Mancio played him to get him back into form and in the latter half of the season, one could say he had key goals all in the latter half of the game. He seems to be getting thinner and lighter, and he moves better as well. He now makes more team passes and has really improve his team game, and I think he is getting better. Personally, I think that he is not yet in good enough form to start, and I would rather see Martins- Adriano hit up the attack with Vieri coming in in the second half to do some more damage or to save the game, b/c he is very capable of doing that as you have all seen.

Thank you. Remember, these are all opinions, so please disagree with me so I can battle you to the death. FORZA INTER!

My dream team:

------------------------------Toldo--------------------------------------
---JZ-------------Cordoba--------Burdisso----------------Coco-----
---VDM-------------Cambiasso-------Emre--------------Stankovic—
------------------------Adriano---------Vieri-----------------------------

Subs: Martins, Miha, Favalli, Recoba, CZ

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
My thought are that Mancini has done his best work Lately, he has not quit the agressive Mentality (which we lacked under Cuper) but he is adjusting his desires to the quality of players that we have, it might had taken him untill December to really assest our talent pool, but beating teams like we have done in the last 2 games is the most positive thing.

This is great cause it shows that Mancini is able to adapt and change even if it goes against his feelings, also it means that he will not compromise our chances of winning anymore just to please gloryhunting fans.

Mancini can still improve and we should had gotten some defender or mid in january, but I´m happy if we keep playing like this.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
After such a long a wonderful Post by Pulsar, someone focuses on the negatives, anyway I agree with your attackers and defenders, (except Coco) and Deki wont make it in the left with the role Mancio intended for him, he is talented but he is no Zidane or Nedved. I know that Mancio need a player like this, but Moratti is not spending much on the winter Market.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
How are your last 2 post contribuiting with this discussion about Inter?

I migth add that Inter should adquire Maxwell from ajax instead of cesar, but I still belives that Moratti owes mancio a better attacking mid :)

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your Royal Highness said:
Hmm.. Albert "Jimmy" Fontana is an Inter player.

And as much as players would like to be younger it is only correcting a mistaken regarding the age of an INTER player.

Why not go count your pennies.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Interista said:
Hmm.. Albert "Jimmy" Fontana is an Inter player.

And as much as players would like to be younger it is only correcting a mistaken regarding the age of an INTER player.

Why not go count your pennies.
Talking of pennies, :scared: I'd like to add my few cents to the matter, if I may. :neutral:

First, regarding the topic at hand, and props to the topic maker, I really enjoy threads that are dedicated solely to Inter matters without off-topic in-betweens added in :nono: , I want to respond to Your Royal Highness's assessment of Coco :shades: . You say you disagree with me. Two things I can find in my :drool: assessment which you could disagree with me with. 1) :blind: His defense was shaky and :sweeteye: 2) :eek: His few runs down the left flank were evident in whatever games he did play. Please let me know what part you disagree with me with, thank you very much my friend from the DR. :drunk:

Secondly, regarding the off-topic stuff, despite my words above, I guess a little off-topic stuff in the threads can be allowed despite claims :skull: from the opposition as outlined in the infamous :boxing: XT Interista of the Year thread. So, first, I'd like to say thanks for correcting me on Jimmy Alberto Fontana's age, I miscounted 27 instead of 37 as it should be. I'd like to thank you once again for correcting me on this detail which had nothing to do with my main point and was only added in as a reference. :party: If I were writing a book to be published, :greed: I could not express my gratitude to you. But I'm not. :rollani:

And regarding your response to YRH, I'd like to say that his point was not negative or negatives, but that there is any negativity at all. Simple thing you pick up in college english classes, get to the point, emphasize the point, write the point, and most importantly, interpret only the point. :stuckup:

And secondly, I believe YRH knows that Fontana is an Inter player, unless you believe he's new to Inter Milano. Secondly, I do not understand your comment on the "count your pennies", could you explain that please? Does it have anything to do with socioeconomic status or is that a phrase that has a figurative meaning? Please elaborate, and make my day :embarass:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts

I migth add that Inter should adquire Maxwell from ajax instead of cesar, but I still belives that Moratti owes mancio a better attacking mid :)
Agreed. Maxwell would be a wise buy, and even better than Cesar who is plus 30 already and has injuries. I mean, seriously, we were thinking of buying him in the summer, and we didn't and look what happened!
He was injured but for two games!

And now we want him back?
What guarantee he will do well or even play????????

I also agree that Moratti needs to get Mancini an attacking midfielder. But what about a defender?

I'm all for trading away Davids for either a central defender or an attacking midfielder, actually I would only trade Davids for two players, Samuel or Aimar. I would even do a Recoba-Aimar or Recoba-Samuel swap but I don't think Real want such an inconsistent player.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
My thought are that Mancini has done his best work Lately, he has not quit the agressive Mentality (which we lacked under Cuper) but he is adjusting his desires to the quality of players that we have, it might had taken him untill December to really assest our talent pool, but beating teams like we have done in the last 2 games is the most positive thing.

This is great cause it shows that Mancini is able to adapt and change even if it goes against his feelings, also it means that he will not compromise our chances of winning anymore just to please gloryhunting fans.

Mancini can still improve and we should had gotten some defender or mid in january, but I´m happy if we keep playing like this.
I agree. I am kind of disappointed that we are not all attack minded anymore and only scoring 2 goals or 1 goal a game, but I think he has found the right formula for 0 goals given up lately. That is a great feat!

EDIT: I'm sorry for posting three times in a row. I didn't mean to do that, :greed: , as I really don't want to boost my post count like others at XT do :moan: :moan: :moan: :moan: :moan: in that way

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pulsar36 said:
And regarding your response to YRH, I'd like to say that his point was not negative or negatives, but that there is any negativity at all. Simple thing you pick up in college english classes, get to the point, emphasize the point, write the point, and most importantly, interpret only the point. :stuckup:

And secondly, I believe YRH knows that Fontana is an Inter player, unless you believe he's new to Inter Milano. Secondly, I do not understand your comment on the "count your pennies", could you explain that please? Does it have anything to do with socioeconomic status or is that a phrase that has a figurative meaning? Please elaborate, and make my day :embarass:
My Reponse to YRH was because he questioned what my posts had to do with INTER, so i was merely explaning

And the "count your pennies" response , was for him to do something except keep picking up on my posts.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
I think Mancini is on the right path. Most of the positive points have already been mentioned in Interista's initial post.

However I would like to reiterate on the crime that is benching Emre in favor of an out-of-form Stankovic and an inconsistent VDM. Emre has always impressed whenever he was called upon. I dont know what he needs to do to convince Mancini his worth.

I really hope he gets more playing time in what is left of the season, because I'm pretty sure he would not want to stay with us with the current situation. And what a loss that would be.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Razman I dont think Deki is out of form, I just think he is not playing in a position that suits him the best. He doesnt have a Fiore or a Nedved in the Midfield. Emre kinda had this role under Cuper and he did good, but he is better in the middle.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Ok....here goes

When we signed Veron, Davids, Cambiasso, I thought immediately to myself...
'this is the year' and trust me, that would've been the case, but, a day before the end of the transfer window, what does the Inter management do? They sell Cannavaro, within the optimistic thought and opinions, I had no doubt Inter had screwed up BIG TIME, we had un-done everything we had done in that transfer window. True, Cannavaro was concistently injured and didnt look at all comfortable, the guy was still the Italian NT captain for gods sake

#1 We sold him to our biggest rivals
#2 We sold him too late into the transfer window (didnt get the best deal we could've)
#3 We didnt buy a replacement (not enough time anyway)

If the Inter management ever thought we would win the scudetto with the defensive line-up, i would've called them a tad optimistic, but, the way that Materazzi and Cordoba came out of the blocks, we were in some deep crap.
I still don't believe we can win the scudetto with Materazzi, even though he put in a good performance last week, he just doesn't measure up when you compare him to some of the players Milan and Juve have. This season could've been the one, just look at the amount of goals scored, you might say that the offensive fire-power came at the expense of our defensive department. That is utter-bullcrap, when we conceded 3 goals from the 3 shots on goal that the opposition can muster in a full 90-minutes, one thing is clear, we just don't measure up defensively, our personnel just don't make the cut. We need to work on our defence all-over again, even though it will cost us in the short-term, in the long-run it is a good investment. For the winter, all we need is a LB and a CB to fit along with Cordoba. Mihajlovic, Materazzi, Favalli, Pasquale, please, please, find somewhere else to play, you just don't make the cut. Mihajlovic might have won us a game or two and helped with a clean-sheet or two, but come on, are we gonna beat Barcelona in a champions league semi-final with this guy? NO

I'm happy with Mancini, his biggest achievements so far have been...

#1 Transforming Inter to a great attacking side (5-1 Valencia)
#2 Remaining un-beaten
#3 Form in CL
#4 Getting Vieri back into form and having faith in the machine

Im dissapointed...

#1 He didnt get settled into a starting XI (will change after this transfer window where players will be out)
#2 Didnt do anything to stop the Cannavaro transfer as manager
#3 Keeps on chasing Lazio players, and not focusing on the REAL problems we have (defence) in the transfer window

We should be proud we are un-beaten, kicking arse in CL, and still in a good position in Serie A.

By the way, if we get a good defender to slot in by the end of the month, watch Inter make a run for the title. Im serious, 13 points isnt much if we play 80% of our potential. Im getting on the Inter wagon and saying we will win at least one major trophy this season.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
well Abdul said it great i totally agree with him.And that defender should be SAMUEL.
It is said moratti whant gigs but if he has that much money he can easily by SAMUEL.
so i really hope that happens but it was just fantastic to see inter suck and draw all the time in italy but win valencia in messtalia 5 - 1

inter is unpredictable we maybe can easily get back into the scudetto race!

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
People Post More Active Everyone
Post Plz People

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
When buying a player it isn't just about the transfer fee involved, Samuel will probably come with huge wages just like Canna had. And if he ends up sucking at Inter, we may of blown alot of money here. Thats how Moratti operates transfers with alot of players that have come to Inter, because they come with a decent fee and don't command hugh wages. Except the Stars that have come i.e. Vieri, Recoba, Ronaldo etc.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Inter won´t get Samuel, people dont realize that we just having been spending that much money, last 3 years transfer basically has consisted in signing free agents or players that fees wont excell de 15 million mark. Adriano was different because Inter would probably had to pay even more if Parma sold it´s part of the ownership to another team in june.

Moratti broke the transfer fee record twice, and both player when healthy were extremely good, where moratti has sucked is in bringing those mid of the line type of players, and thats basically what his transfer market operations are reduced to now, getting decent players but not going for a proven superstar in its prime.

Moratti failed to sign Nesta (despite whatever Interista might say to justify this) he also failed to get Sol Campbell, Last year it was Jaap Stam. We could also go on and on about midfielders or players like Ronaldinho, cases where Moratti new cheaper ways inhibited the club from adquiring the player.

Karagounis came free, Emre on boseman I think, Davids free, Veron loaned,Deki was going to be free in Summer, VDM the higest fee of all at 8m, Kily was 1 m to valencia, Cambiasso free, sure some of this deals were bargains but this also shows how Moratti is not really interested in spending in the midfield. Milan bought Pirlo for 10 million.

Right now Inter hasnt shown the ability to compete in the market but high priced players,(something that was the case even 4 or 5 years ago) but what can you expect when Branca gets his job on a recommendation from Angelo Moratti, just because they were buddies? Someone Like Baldini, Valdano or Moggi know their game, Branca and Orialli don´t even come close to them.

My conclusion is that Moratti has kept Inter finances good, but at the same time he has not brought 1 really over the top player for the defense and midfield. I rather have one Nesta that Gamarra, Mihalovic and Materazzi all toghether.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Moratti failed to sign Nesta (despite whatever Interista might say to justify this)
You justify then why waiting for Lazio to make up their mind about what price to sell him for them is worth it?

he also failed to get Sol Campbell
We didn't fail with Sol, we offered him close to 250k p/w, but he wanted to stay in England.

Last year it was Jaap Stam
I am sure if he wanted to come to us he would of, but when a team has just won a CL and the title in the last two year. Its a little more appealing when the last thing we won in the last two year was the Moratti pre-season trophy.

Karagounis came free, Emre on boseman I think, Davids free, Veron loaned,Deki was going to be free in Summer, VDM the higest fee of all at 8m, Kily was 1 m to valencia, Cambiasso free, sure some of this deals were bargains but this also shows how Moratti is not really interested in spending in the midfield
Not INTERested? I am sure them players despite their low transfer fees, made up for it on wages. After all in today's market it is not just about the fee, but the wage on offer to the player.

My conclusion is that Moratti has kept Inter's finances good, but at the same time he has not brought one really good player for the defense and midfield. I rather have one Nesta than Gamarra, Mihajlovic and Materazzi all together.
What the sense in that? Keep on throwing money around isn't going get us anywhere. Its about time we have the same squad for more than one year, stability prevails in the end.

For the money we would of spent on Nesta, we could of recruited a whole defence.

Last time we need is to be labelled RM v2, 1 player does not make a team no matter how good they are.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts