Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Absolutely wonderful TB :) Thanks for posting it.

It remains to this day the most enjoyable game of my life. It was great stuff. At the time I was on holiday in Tunisia, but with a shed-load of Italian folks staying in the hotel. My granda, God rest his soul, and I were the only Rangers fans watching it. And it was just so amazing to have these Italians, brought up on Serie A football, in complete AWE of our team. It was a wonderful, wonderful night.

But look at the build up. The passing, and above all the movement of our lads there. Just a joy to behold.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Great Stuff. :thumbsup:

The days when Barry orchastrated everything from the centre of the park.

What you notice there is shape, passing and movement. We don't see any of these in today's team. Hopefully that will return next season once more.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bocha said:
It remains to this day the most enjoyable game of my life. It was great stuff. At the time I was on holiday in Tunisia, but with a shed-load of Italian folks staying in the hotel. My granda, God rest his soul, and I were the only Rangers fans watching it. And it was just so amazing to have these Italians, brought up on Serie A football, in complete AWE of our team. It was a wonderful, wonderful night.
Nice story :)

Thats the sort of stuff you'll remember the rest of your life and will tell your grandkids one day :)

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone happen to have a copy of the high resolution pics of this match that were posted on here (and elsewhere) ages ago?

They were crackers taken by a pitch side photographer, really big and with a high resolution picture and no watermarking. Unfortunately i just cant find the disc i saved them on and they dont seem to be available anywhere online now.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Great memories.

It's scandalous that team didn't progress as far as this one in Europe. In those couple of years we really did play some incredible football. I remember the goal we scored against Borussia Dortmund where we put together about 30 passes in the build-up.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
This team isn't a patch on that side as you say. It would be good to get a good continental manager in and get back to playing that style of football again.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Angle_eyes said:
It's scandalous that team didn't progress as far as this one in Europe. In those couple of years we really did play some incredible football
Certainly is. One of the great mysteries of our time.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Remember that Oretaga was meant to rip us apart that night!

Ahh! and Mols pre Kahn, what a player, see he is playing for Den Hagg now, saw him playing in their recent game against Ajax.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
GERS said:
Ahh! and Mols pre Kahn, what a player, see he is playing for Den Hagg now, saw him playing in their recent game against Ajax.
How is Mols looking? I see he scored in that match.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts