12,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... in Yokohama, Japan

[tub]qXrcmFFceY8[/tub]

And I was their.... :proud: :stuckup: :proud:

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
One year isn't that long.. We'll be back there sooner than we think!!

·
Registered
15,631 Posts
Very honorable of you to try to lift the mood around here, but I'm sorry to say that we played THAT bad that not even memories of former glory days can help.

·
Registered
13,856 Posts
They certainly can help me.

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
A trophy of questionable importance - won one year back - can hardly help over the pathetic fact to be out for the scudetto race for 3 years in a row prior to the christmas brake.

·
Registered
13,856 Posts
Winning trophies is not just about the joy of the moment, it is also about the memories. If I had been there I would be doing exactly the same as ilgenio. The bad present doesn't mean we cannnot remember and be proud about the past. That definitely helps: it is what makes us different from all the other teams that are out of the title races before Christmas all over the globe.

The trophy's importance is only questionable because you question it. Milan players certainly did not question it nor did anyone involved in the tournament. It is not scudetto nor CL, but it has an importance of its own. I know that the fact that it is so short is a good argument against it, but it never ceases to amaze me how only europeans despise the Club W.C. ( and the Japan thing before). For me, it has the essence of football. Champions that don't usually play against each other, usually a neutral ground and 90 minutes. Winners get the glory and there usually won't be a second chance.

We suck now, but we are the World Champions until next week. It doesn't solve any of our huge problems, but it makes me happy.

·
Registered
8,971 Posts
With the way we played recently, I almost forgot we are still the world champion :moan:

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts
The trophy's importance is only questionable because you question it.
Young grasshopper shows wisdom.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts